The simFlight Network Forums

CH Yoke button mapping question

Hello folks.

Just purchased FSUIPC and I am loving all the advanced features of 3.30. Thanks Pete!

Previously I was using or more like attempting to use CH Control Manager to do button programming for my CH USB Yoke and Pedals. One of its stated features is the ability to use a designated button as a "shift modifier "if you will to double the possible button assignments for the remainder of the buttons on the yoke. Try as a might I could never get this to work as advertised.

Is this possilbe through FSUIPC's button programming features and if not could this be a consideration for the future? It would be great to use the gear up/down and flaps toggles etc for light-switch controls and so on using a modifier button or even a keyboard modifier assignment.

Look forward to your response.

Phil.

One of its stated features is the ability to use a designated button as a "shift modifier "if you will to double the possible button assignments for the remainder of the buttons on the yoke. Try as a might I could never get this to work as advertised.

Is this possilbe through FSUIPC's button programming features

If the CH device is capable of sending multiple button values at the same time, yes. You use conditional programming, with flags for latching states if you like. But it isn't user-friendly. you have to do it by editing the FSUIPC.INI file. Everything you need to know is described in the Advanced User's Guide.

Game port CH devices used a system of encoding each of up to 15 buttons into the 4 button lines on the game port. with those you cannot use a button for a shift whilst pushing another, as the state reflects only one of them at any time. With that type of connection you would have to use the flags in FSUIPC to latch different states according to the presses of your chosen selector button.

Regards,

Pete

In my setup the "shift" functionality of CH Control Manager works flawlessly. I configured it at first try without any problems. I recommend another try after reading CH Control Manager Manual.

Do you remember that you have to load your profile after every restart of your computer? There is a small utility called CMStart that does this.