Marinedesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:56 PM

Hi there,

It has been a few years ago since ive created a boat for Virtual Sailor, although i started on this one a few months ago for Ports of Call but due the lack of support from the creators i stopped working on this vessel and all other vessel for Ports Of Call.

So to make at least a few people happy i will create a few vessel's for Virtual Sailor as i still love this sim.

the current progress;

Posted Image

Posted Image

as you can see i still have to add a lot of things, i hope to finnish the windows and rails in a few hours, after the modelling is finnished i will try to add some realistic rust and logo textures to it.

Some other nice info; i made this model from the original drawing so everything is based on real scale so no unrealistc offsets in this model.

More screenshots will follow as the progress will forward.

Ragnar.

#2 pirate

pirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:12 PM

WHERE IN GODS NAME HAVE YOU BEEN!!!! ITS VERY GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE!!! PLEASE CAN WE HAVE YOUR BRILLIANT CARGO VESSELS AS WELL AS THIS ONE!!! WELCOME BACK!!!! VS7 IS ON THE WAY AND I WOULD GIVE AN ARM AND A LEG TO HAVE YOUR CARGO SHIPS ON IT!

THE FIRST VESSEL I LOVED ON VS5 WAS THE CARGOSHIP! MAKE SOME MORE PLEASE AND HAND THEM TO RON VISSER FOR THE INTERIOR WORK..... RESULT? :::: ONE GREAT SHIP!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CARGO VESSEL THAT YOU PROMISED ON AN XMAS EVE 2YRS AGO?
YOU THEN VANISHED! :roll:

PHIL
Why is my Avatar Capt Haddock? Well, if you heard my accent, you would think its Him.

#3 Jonatan

Jonatan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • LocationThe new VS forum.

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:38 PM

Ahem... *deep breath* PLEASE TURN OF YOUR CAPS LOCK.

Very nice ferry, Ragnar.

/Jonatan
I'M AT THE NEW FORUM.

#4 Marinedesign

Marinedesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:49 PM

Hi Pirate,

I didn't had any time to finnish it before i went to sea for over 4 months, that i kinda forgot it after i came back home.

#5 Marinedesign

Marinedesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:19 PM

last pics for today as i first have to create some detailed lifeboat davits before i can start working on the other parts, got the windows fixed now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

tomorrow i will post some new screens.

#6 pirate

pirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:12 PM

This is a very nice vessel Ragnar, the ferry boys will be happy but we have been a bit starved of Cargo ships lately here, I hope you make some for VS again. Your POC mate WJT has been active also here with the Mercator, but we need you back here again. How about trying to add some bmp files for the ships you have already made with some corrosion rust effects? like the Canofeeder? I have tried, but mine are lousy! :cry: and the Barken etc have no editable bmp files to have a go on! :? Also now VS has the real sea scale you can dock the big ships in any port now! :lol:

Jonaton I was using my caps lock on as I was excited!
Why is my Avatar Capt Haddock? Well, if you heard my accent, you would think its Him.

#7 Marinedesign

Marinedesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:23 PM

Hi Pirate,

Well i wasn't thinking about updating the old ones since i dont have their files anymore and it would take too much time. But a few motnhs ago i made this one

http://www.marinedes...nfo/number3.jpg

Maybe when i got enough time and finnished the Estonia i will convert this one for VS

#8 RBNO

RBNO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationFruges - France

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:09 AM

Ahoy Ragnar,

What a nice surprise and great to have you back making ships for VS and I must say you have been missed, in this forum, over these last couple of years.

Victor

#9 Sonny9Anderson

Sonny9Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • LocationFrance, Cherbourg

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:49 AM

Welcome back Ragnard!!!!!!!!!
Your models are missing here!!!!!!

Very nice ferry!!!!! Can't wait to have it available! Will a bridge be available?
Posted Image
http://www.anov.net >>> Anov's official website !!!!
Gumball Rally 2005 > pics online!!!

#10 MZippi

MZippi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:26 PM

Estonia was nice ferry. i have been there many times before that sunked in Baltic Sea. :?
Can you say when it is ready for Virtual Sailor

Something info about disaster:
http://www.multi.fi/~stigb/Estonia/

#11 pirate

pirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 04 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

Ok Ragnar the other link, to that vessel looks good I will wait for you to submit that one! But the ferry is nice also, is that your first ferry model?

Hope you will stick around this time here! Just for the record, I have had the demo to POC many times, mant times I have tried it, and many times I have deleted it! I do not know what it is but it does not grab the attention like VS thats my opinion ( as he ducks to avoid flack :roll: )

#12 ronvisser

ronvisser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 06:13 PM

Ragnar, I must say it is a pleasure to have you back!

How did you like the real sailing?
Cheers
ron

#13 Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • LocationLelystad, The Netherlands

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:54 AM

Ragnar! Welcome back indeed! Very nice model you've got there; I know there''ll be some people being mightily happy about a new ferry (MZippi, Sonny9Anderson :wink: )
BTW: Maybe you could make those stern door things openable like with the MF Glutra and Superfast XII by adding them as submarine elevators?

#14 pirate

pirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:51 PM

When will the Estonia be ready, and also Ragnar how about making something like this for us all here? Make a change!

Attached Files

#15 pirate

pirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:35 PM

Ragnar....hello?,, anyone there??.... :? He's vanished again :roll:

Marie Celeste syndrome I call it!

#16 pirate

pirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:36 PM

Right, I am going to ask 3 things here as they are both for Ragnar, or anyone who might have done this :

I have been looking at the Cinfeeder ship and I know it was not finished off but I noticed there are ship 1 and ship 3 in the file how do you change between these 2 ships as take a look here there are 2 x files and 2 3ds files and 2 bmp files of the different ships. so how do you change? Ragnar or anyone?

and secondly how is the Estonia coming on??????

Attached Files

#17 Marinedesign

Marinedesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:31 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay, i just got back from a 3.5 months sailing period. I didnt had anytime to post some goodbye message as i had only a few hours to get my ass on that ship.

But im back now for a few weeks so im pretty sure that it will be finnished in a few weeks.

regards,

Ragnar

#18 Marinedesign

Marinedesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:32 PM

And folks, give me a few days to sort everything out as i got plenty emails and other stuff that i gotta take care of.

#19 pirate

pirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:31 PM

Good day Ragnar! Hope you can answer my questions here but hope you can give us a cargo ship or 2 later! 2 hours to get on board? I did not know Press gamgs still operated in Holland! :roll:

#20 Guest_spookymufu_*

Guest_spookymufu_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:09 PM

pirate, where did you get that boat, I might have a look at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket