The simFlight Network Forums

Weather Problems

Guest Christoph Illmer

Guest Christoph Illmer

Hi, I use 2.97.2 and tried 2.97 but I don't get weather. 2.95 works as it should but 2.97 doesn't. I deleted the .ini and configured it again. When I switch back to 2.95 it works. Any ideas?

Chris

Hi, I use 2.97.2 and tried 2.97 but I don't get weather. 2.95 works as it should but 2.97 doesn't. I deleted the .ini and configured it again. When I switch back to 2.95 it works. Any ideas?

Chris

Sorry, can you explain a little more about the problem, please. FSUIPC doesn't as a rule generate any weather at all. You either need to set weather in FS's weather dialogues, or download FS "real weather", or use one of the excellent external weather programs such as FSMeteo or ActiveSky. In the last two cases, FSUIPC is used to actually set the weather into FS.

There are some minor weather filter facilities in FSUIPC, but in general these are operating on the weather from the external programs.

There has been no specific changes in the weather filtering facilities for some time, though you can and should review the changes which have been made -- please refer to the History document which is included in the ZIP. For 2.972 you will see all the changes in the versions you mention.

Regards,

Pete

Guest ChristophIllmer

Ok. I'm using 2.97.2 together with either FSMeteo or ActiveSky. In both cases I don't have wind, clouds, temperature etc. Only the standard fs values. When I deleted 2.97.2 and the .ini and put the 2.95 back in all was fine.

Regards, Chris

Ok. I'm using 2.97.2 together with either FSMeteo or ActiveSky. In both cases I don't have wind, clouds, temperature etc. Only the standard fs values. When I deleted 2.97.2 and the .ini and put the 2.95 back in all was fine.

Hmmm. What can I say? Version 2.972 most certainly has exactly the same weather interface as 2.95 and it implements the input from those programs in exactly the same way. There's been no change, and it is working everywhere else as far as I know. Have you any logs to show me? -- go to the FSUIPC Technical Page, and switch on Weather and IPC Write logging. Keep the session very short, just to know for certain that you should have weather. Save a flight, zip up the FSUIPC.LOG, the saved FLT + WX files, and I'll take a look -- you should really be talking to the weather program authors too of course.

BTW the version number is 2.972, not 2.97.2. Version 2.975 will be released this weekend.

Regards,

Pete

Guest ChristophIllmer

I've been taking the files of a friend and now, at least FSMeteo is running.

Thanks for providing FSUIPC.dll!!!

Chris

Jupp, thanks Pete. I'll be contacting the guys from the progs.

Regards, Chris

Well, I don't know if they'll be able to help, either, but with that information I said to gather, we should stand a good chance between us! It's just that there's no data for us to determine what is happening yet.

Regards,

Pete