The simFlight Network Forums

PFC setup

Guest ian bennett

Guest ian bennett

hi,

I have the following little problem :

When i plug my rudders ( PFC cirrus rudders ) into my PFC throttle control, they work fine except for one thing :

I the neutral center position when i do not have my feet on the rudders, the plan rudder moves from right to left , just very little moves but it moves, as if the center position was so sensitive that in fact the rudders are never exactly in the center

I tryed to go to the PFC setup but could not find how to make the central position sensitivity smaller

When i plug these rudders into my Yoke ( a USB AETI III yoke ) no more problem, the center position is stable !!

Any idee

Thanks

Ian Bennett

When i plug my rudders ( PFC cirrus rudders ) into my PFC throttle control, they work fine except for one thing :

I the neutral center position when i do not have my feet on the rudders, the plan rudder moves from right to left , just very little moves but it moves, as if the center position was so sensitive that in fact the rudders are never exactly in the center

You need a centre "null zone". In the PFC calibration section, select the rudder so it it highlighted (has a frame around it), then press the rudder a little one way to set one of the centre limits (see the buttons to the left), and then the other way to set the other limit. It is all explained in the documentation. While you have that selected you can if you wish also adjust the response curve (the graphic on the left) to suit your needs.

I tryed to go to the PFC setup but could not find how to make the central position sensitivity smaller

Seems like you are looking for the wrong thing. It isn't a "sensitivity" adjustment you really want in the centre, it's just an area of no action, a "null zone". You can adjust the slope, viewing the graphic on the left, to change sensitivity, which is a different matter. But if it is less sensitive in the centre (flatter) it has to be more sensitive in the extremes (steeper) to allow full deflection to still be attained. FS's own sensitivity doesn't operate in the same way.

When i plug these rudders into my Yoke ( a USB AETI III yoke ) no more problem, the center position is stable !!

In that case it probably isn't providing the same level of resolution as the PFC connection. Some small amount of jitter is qite normal, though it shouldn't be much. Variations in temperature and other factors cause the resistance through potentiomenter coils to change slightly, so any system measuring it with any accuracy will usually see some variation. If you have a lot, you need assistance from PFC or your suppliers, though, not from software. Maybe there's a problem with the controller card in the throttle system, or possibly it has an inadequate power supply?

Regards,

Pete