The simFlight Network Forums

ADV Text Display

Guest guest

Guest guest

I use your fantastic FSUIPC interface program. After installing (that means copieng it to the FS2002 modules directory) everytime I start my FS 2002 simulator I get the Adventure Text Display. To hide this display I must go to the menu, modules und then click ADV Display.

My question ? Is there a possibility to hide this windows by default, that means, that when I start FS 2002 that this ADV window does not appear automatically.

Thanks very much for an answer

Peter

I use your fantastic FSUIPC interface program. After installing (that means copieng it to the FS2002 modules directory) everytime I start my FS 2002 simulator I get the Adventure Text Display.

This seems rather confused. FSUIPC does not provide an Adventure Text display. It actually has nothing at all to do with it. There's another module, called "AdvDisplay.dll" which provides that option.

Since version 2 (current is 2.01), when AdvDisplay is first installed it does nothing till enabled. Once you dock it to a panel part it will always be remembered for that panel and re-enable whenever you use the same panel. To remove it from a panel, undock it. If it is undocked and disabled it won't appear.

If you don't want or need to use Advdisplay.dll, just remove it from the Modules folder.

The next version of Advdisplay (2.02) will automatically undock when you disable it in the menu. Maybe that will make it easier for you -- but for the moment, simply undock it and disable it if you don't want it coming back for the panel it is docked to each time you load it. (The whole point of docking it to create that relationship between the display size and position and that particular panel).

Please refer to the AdvDisplay documentation which does explain all these things. If you are not using the current version of AdvDisplay, please upgeade first. See the announcement about current supported versions.

Regards,

Pete