21 replies to this topic

#1 boshar

boshar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:00 PM

Hi guys,

I'm sorry that I have to use english but I blame my education for that. Great scenery with seemless integration of autogen and detailed photo's. Please give us more of this quality scenery.

Now to my question. I use FS Quality all roads off Europe. For the most part the roads in your scenery are in the same location as AROE's roads but off course you get double roads this way. Is there a way to exclude your roads so that your quality scenery gets embeded in AROE?

#2 CoBoy

CoBoy

Product Support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:12 AM

no problem for english ;o)

huh, for your question, I didn't test frenchcoast with FSroads. we only exclude standard roads, with only certain layers, so I guess FSroads uses differents layer numbers.

the only way to do an exclude file is to know the correct layer numbers, and make a extra bgl...

I'm gonna find those numbers, and I'll post a bgl on that forum, to add in the CoBoy/FrenchCoast - Etretat/scenery directory. that will solve the problem, and erase only FSroads in the FrenchCoast aera.

we'll do it with every new scenery, to be "FSRoads compatible".

CoBoy

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:22 AM

Great news indeed. But cant it be done the other way around? I mean excluding the roads that come with FrenchCoast - Etretat. I know I will miss some of tghe more detailed roads doing it that way but the product will be instantly compatible with Taburet FS roads, FSQuality Roads of Europe and the yet to be released Flight1 Ultimate Terrain Europe.

Another small question. Sometimes the photo terrain (cliffs, airport) closest to the aircraft suddenly gets brighter than the same terrain in the distance. Is this due to my graphics card / settings and do you have any tips to prevent this? I can't post a screenshot right now (mr Boss is watching) but if needed I can make one to clarify the effect.

Most of the time this bright texture effect is not there and the scenery works stunningly real.

#4 CoBoy

CoBoy

Product Support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:55 AM

okay... if you prefer to keep your other roads, it's the simplest way for us ;o), nothing to do ;o)

you just have to delete (or rename, it's more careful) the file named LFOS_vtp.bgl (simply change its extension to LFOS_vtp.b for example) and that way, you'll keep the terrain maps, but no roads, rivers... you will also lose the coastlines, so, i'm not sure of the result...
if you only want to remove the roads, I will have to separate the data in different files, and add a option in the installer... why not.

for the photo terrain problem, I do not see what it could be, a screenshot would be a good way to understand the effect, if you post it.

CoBoy

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:48 PM

Would be great if you could give us both options with the roads. Strange thing is that All Roads of Europe (AROE) also appears to include its own coastlines (and rivers). Maybe thats whats causing the texture effect. Will try to disable the AROE stuff but I will likely also loose all coastlines as Microsoft default coastlines are disabled by AROE's installer.

When you split up the Road VTP lines you might want to look at the reailroads (if anny). The flight 1 package (not yet released) could also include railroads as well.

I will experiment with my current add-ons and will report back wen ready (might take some time because currently we have a heatwave so now I actualy prefer to be away from my computer :D )

Thanks for your support!

#6 CoBoy

CoBoy

Product Support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:45 PM

ok, great, I'll wait your feedback ;o)

the LFOS_vtp.bgl file includes roads, coastlines, railways, rivers, towns, forests and the exlude of FS standard vtps, all in that file.

I don't know for AROE, but if you disable the addon, it should give you back every standard FS data, I guess...

the heatwave is touching us too, unbearable...

thanks

CoBoy

#7 boshar

boshar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:20 PM

Have been on vacation... sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

I used LWMViewer to spy on AROE's layers. Don't know if I'm right but maybe this info can help you to make the excludes.

Highway
VTPLayer 31, 1

Roads
VTPLayer 33, 1

Street
VTPLayer 34, 1

To get back on the texture coloring issue. I've attached a screenprint. In the circle you can see the difference in color I get with textures near the aircraft. I've tried to change several settings but noting works. Also tried on 2 different PC's. All the PC's I tried on had ATI graphic cards.

BTW
Nice to see the Dieppe scenery preview. Great that it matches the current scenery. I will load up my PayPal account so I can get it :D

Having another small trip planned so I won''t be back behind the keyboard untill the 8th of august.

Attached Files

#8 CoBoy

CoBoy

Product Support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:22 AM

ok, thanks for the infos, and YES, it's really useful to have thoses layer IDs to make the excludes ;o)

I'll look you screenshot to understand where the problem can be, and try to give you a answer as soon as possible.

have a nice trip ;o)

CoBoy

#9 Holland_Holland

Holland_Holland

Advanced Member

• FScene Mods
  • 1,051 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:18 PM

Hi there,

It is a bit oldy post, but have you come up with a solution? I'm using UT Europe and like to use your great little scenery's with them. Is there a way to make them compatible?

And another question. On your website you mention to make a traffic file for Baie de Somme. Is this patch already available?

Thanks and all the best,
Rob de Vries
The Netherlands
Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries

"A bad day at the field is better than a good day at work..."

#10 Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas

Former Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

Hi Rob,

Rémy left the FS Industry I'm afraid. I can write him an email, but I don't think he has spent any more time on the issue.

Kind regards,
Francois

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides
... and the man's Blog

#11 Holland_Holland

Holland_Holland

Advanced Member

• FScene Mods
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:25 PM

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the quick answer. That's a pity. Why did he leave, he made such nice scenery's.

Rob

#12 Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas

Former Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:34 PM

Did not earn enough money to make a living out of it..... most sceneries only sold some 200-300 pieces.. that's not enough :cry:

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides
... and the man's Blog

#13 Holland_Holland

Holland_Holland

Advanced Member

• FScene Mods
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:04 PM

Well that's too bad. Well I'm glad I have his french coast sceneries. One question Francois, about how many copies sell a succesful scenery?

Rob

#14 Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas

Former Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:14 PM

Good scenery, not talking major and complex airports which are the exceptions, sell between 1000 and 2000 over the time of two years, VERY successful one perhaps a bit more...... 'regular' ones will not get past 500 or so :shock:

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides
... and the man's Blog

#15 JTEK

JTEK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:34 AM

It is a bit oldy post, but have you come up with a solution? I'm using UT Europe and like to use your great little scenery's with them. Is there a way to make them compatible?

Total drag about CoBoy leaving the industry. I was browsing the SimFlight forums and saw the "CoBoy Design Support Forum" and it reminded me that I had purchased these wonderful sceneries over a year ago. I loved doing coastal flying in my C206... really great textures and super-easy on frames.

I reloaded the sceneries and went to fly them and noticed they didn't "work" well with my current scenery library. I'm not certain if it was UT:Europe that was causing the problems, but only a few areas along the long coast even showed up (namely, around the airports... LFOS, etc.). Everything else appeared to be the default including the cliffs that I loved so much in this area.

I disabled all of UT:Europe, but nothing changed and I haven't been able to figure it out.

I know CoBoy is no longer in the business, but thought I'd post this here in case anyone else has had this problem and worked around it.

Thanks again, Francois, for the heads-up on CoBoy. Much obliged for reading.

- J.

#16 Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas

Former Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:07 AM

Hi J.,
I only know that I had problems with some UK photo scenery that extended all the way down to the Normandy coast, destroying the bgl's there.

I don't have it loaded currently, so I can't check, but I think I had UT Europe and Cwoboy loaded together on my FS9 and it still worked.

Unfortunately I am heads down in some other development currently and my FS9 is loaded with other things :cry:

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides
... and the man's Blog

#17 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:53 AM

The problem with UK scenery was actually with Horizon's VFR Terrain rather than the photoscenery - in order to replace the English and Welsh coastlines, it disabled the coastline BGL covering all of Northern Europe! :shock:

The result of that was enormous squares instead of coastlines and it looked awful. Someone did do a free replacement coastline to solve the problem, but that clashed with France VFR's islands scenery (to the best of my knowledge it never clashed with CoBoy's sceneries, which just overwrote it if layered above). I don't have UT:E to be able to try that unfortunately.

Let's just say I have France VFR and CoBoy's stuff installed, VFR Terrain uninstalled and it is staying that way. ;)

Cheers,

Ian P.

#18 JTEK

JTEK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

Alas, I've exhausted my ideas on how to solve the problem. For what it's worth, here is a top-down view of the Etretat coastal area around LFOS:

Posted Image

Looks just fine, of course. The CoBoy textures are used correctly.

Now I zoom out...

Posted Image

You can see how the CoBoy textures are only in a few places. And this same anomaly occurs all the way up the coast through Dieppe and Baie du Somme. Such a drag. :(

Again, thought I'd post this in case someone out there knows what the problem is.

Best regards,

J.

P.S.: It just dawned on me as I'm writing this whether there's a possibility of the problem being mesh-related. I use FSGenesis mesh for Europe (76m, I believe). Could that be the problem? I'd try to isolate the mesh files that affect the coastal area around Etretat/Dieppe/Baie d. Somme, but I don't know what tool I could use to find out the exact BGL files that provide the mesh. Just a thought. If anyone has information that might help, please post!

#19 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:02 PM

Where in your scenery listing do you have the CoBoy sceneries? Have you tried moving them to position #1 and immediately below, to see whether the situation improves?

Ian P.

#20 JTEK

JTEK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

Where in your scenery listing do you have the CoBoy sceneries? Have you tried moving them to position #1 and immediately below, to see whether the situation improves?

Ian:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've tried moving Etretat/Dieppe/Baie d. Somme to the top of the Scenery Library, and even shifting them around in positions 1/2/3 to see if that made a difference.

I also disabled Ultimate Terrain Europe but that didn't change anything (I disabled ALL features within the Ultimate Terrain Europe configurator as well as unchecking the UT:E boxes in the Scenery Library.

I would have thought that keeping the CoBoy sceneries at the top of the list would have solved everything, but amazingly, this isn't the case. That's why I'm thinking it might be a mesh issue. The last time I flew these marvelous sceneries (about 1 year ago), I didn't own the FSGenesis mesh for Europe; hence, my aforementioned conclusion.

So sad, so sad. :|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket