The simFlight Network Forums

Donation should be done !!!!!!!!!!

Guest Ian Bennett

Guest Ian Bennett

Hi Pete

I read with a lot of interest your message explaning the situation about the donation and your general situation,

I am very suprised that not more people have done a donation

And especially wy all the company's that make payware that use your FSUIPC have not contributed, they should be the first to contribute

It makes me sade that so many people only know how to take and never how to give, especially to your how are giving us all so much of your time

How can we help you, I do not really know ?

Maybe I will try to pass the word on all FS forums about your donation, but i think that it has been done allready, just need to remind people about it.

Also I will try to send email to the support email of the payware about the donation system

And how about Microsoft ?????

I cannot think that Microsoft FS devolopers do not know about you and your modules,

Microsoft should be doing a big donation

I dont think people really know wath we would lose if you dont continue ?

Anyway to pump up a bit your moral ( even so it look like you have a lot of it )

Please know that you have allowed us all to have so much pleasure with FS, so many hours , so so much more than without your modules

Really a big big Thanks , And all the best to you and your family

Ian Bennett

Guest Ian Bennett

Hi Pete

I read with a lot of interest your message explaning the situation about the donation and your general situation,

And especially wy all the company's that make payware that use your FSUIPC have not contributed, they should be the first to contribute

It makes me sade that so many people only know how to take and never how to give, especially to your how are giving us all so much of your time

How can we help you, I do not really know ?

Maybe I will try to pass the word on all FS forums about your donation, but i think that it has been done allready, just need to remind people about it.

Also I will try to send email to the support email of the payware about the donation system

I cannot think that Microsoft FS devolopers do not know about you and your modules,

Microsoft should be doing a big donation

I dont think people really know wath we would lose if you dont continue ?

Anyway to pump up a bit your moral ( even so it look like you have a lot of it )

Please know that you have allowed us all to have so much pleasure with FS, so many hours , so so much more than without your modules

Ian Bennett

Yes. It looks like I will most definitely need to go "payware". As from 1st May I have no other income, at least not till I arrange a pension. The voluntary donations were fine for the first two weeks, but all through April they've been a mere trickle.

I've had good contributions from many of the more famous shareware makers, have no fear. Commercial setups with boxed products are more difficult, they need contracts, agreements, purchase orders, invoices. I will have to come to an agreement with each one individually (a real pain for someone who only wants to get on and program ). You wouldn't expect box shifting companies to make "voluntary" contributions, they've no mechanism for that, no way of budgeting for it except in advance, no accounting mechanism. And the royalties that the authors get are really relative peanuts -- it's normally the retailer that makes the money.

Maybe I will try to pass the word on all FS forums about your donation, but i think that it has been done allready, just need to remind people about it. Also I will try to send email to the support email of the payware about the donation system

Thanks!

:D See above. The bigger the company the more difficult to do anything with. How do you think they get so big?

Of course they know, and they are very friendly and (when they get time, which isn't so often, unfortunately) very helpful. But they are just a small team of programmers and designers in a huge company, and have no control over anything to do with money!

Thanks very much, it is appreciated. I am pressing on. But I can see no alternative but to go commercial, probably with effect from the FS9 versions. I have a record of all contributions made under the voluntary scheme (with so few it is relatively easy to keep a small database ), so credit can be allowed on request when the time comes.

Regards,

Pete

Yes. It looks like I will most definitely need to go "payware". As from 1st May I have no other income, at least not till I arrange a pension. The voluntary donations were fine for the first two weeks, but all through April they've been a mere trickle.

I've had good contributions from many of the more famous shareware makers, have no fear. Commercial setups with boxed products are more difficult, they need contracts, agreements, purchase orders, invoices. I will have to come to an agreement with each one individually (a real pain for someone who only wants to get on and program ). You wouldn't expect box shifting companies to make "voluntary" contributions, they've no mechanism for that, no way of budgeting for it except in advance, no accounting mechanism. And the royalties that the authors get are really relative peanuts -- it's normally the retailer that makes the money.

Maybe I will try to pass the word on all FS forums about your donation, but i think that it has been done allready, just need to remind people about it. Also I will try to send email to the support email of the payware about the donation system

Thanks!

:D See above. The bigger the company the more difficult to do anything with. How do you think they get so big?

Of course they know, and they are very friendly and (when they get time, which isn't so often, unfortunately) very helpful. But they are just a small team of programmers and designers in a huge company, and have no control over anything to do with money!

Thanks very much, it is appreciated. I am pressing on. But I can see no alternative but to go commercial, probably with effect from the FS9 versions. I have a record of all contributions made under the voluntary scheme (with so few it is relatively easy to keep a small database ), so credit can be allowed on request when the time comes.

Regards,

Pete