The simFlight Network Forums

fflaps axis

how can Change in the fs2002 modules- fscuip -joystick settings 6 of 7: Trim, spoilers and flaps.

the flaps settings axis .I looking for the settings, how I do it.

for the b 777.

note I can not see of the axis is conected, because I can find it .

many thanks

dennis

holland :D

how can Change in the fs2002 modules- fscuip -joystick settings 6 of 7: Trim, spoilers and flaps.

for the b 777.

note I can not see of the axis is conected, because I can find it .

many thanks

dennis

holland :D

for the b 777.

For spoilers it is easy enough to assign an axis in FS's own Options-Controls-Assignments dialogue. Scroll down the Joystick axis assignments and you will see it.

FS2002 does not provide such a method for Trims and Flaps. You have to "cheat" by assigning a different axis, one that FS does recognise but which you are not otherwise using. You can do this in the FS assigments too, but then you need to determine the NUMBER of that FS axis control -- there are some suitable ones listed in the FSUIPC Advanced Users Guide, but for a complete list you can download the FS controls documents from the Schiratti site.

Then, armed with the numbers so assigned, you have to edit a couple of parameters in the FSUIPC.INI file, in order to tell FSUIPC which axis controls to intercept and divert to trim and flaps.

All this is actually explained in the Advanced Users Guide. It isn't part of the normal user interface as it is an unusual thing to find enough spare axes for these things except on cockpit-builders systems, and these are "advanced users", at least in my book!

Pete

for the b 777.

For spoilers it is easy enough to assign an axis in FS's own Options-Controls-Assignments dialogue. Scroll down the Joystick axis assignments and you will see it.

FS2002 does not provide such a method for Trims and Flaps. You have to "cheat" by assigning a different axis, one that FS does recognise but which you are not otherwise using. You can do this in the FS assigments too, but then you need to determine the NUMBER of that FS axis control -- there are some suitable ones listed in the FSUIPC Advanced Users Guide, but for a complete list you can download the FS controls documents from the Schiratti site.

Then, armed with the numbers so assigned, you have to edit a couple of parameters in the FSUIPC.INI file, in order to tell FSUIPC which axis controls to intercept and divert to trim and flaps.

All this is actually explained in the Advanced Users Guide. It isn't part of the normal user interface as it is an unusual thing to find enough spare axes for these things except on cockpit-builders systems, and these are "advanced users", at least in my book!

Pete