The simFlight Network Forums

Sending data to EPIC with C++ code

Guest JAM01

Guest JAM01

I need to write a program to send data from my flight sim software to EPIC. I want to use Pigeon Holes or QPROCs but I can't find any documentation to tell how to send the dat to EPIC.

I ahave a USB EPCI with the latest EPIC software. Any help you can provide is appreciate.

JAM01

Guest JAM01

I need to write a program to send data from my flight sim software to EPIC. I want to use Pigeon Holes or QPROCs but I can't find any documentation to tell how to send the dat to EPIC.

I ahave a USB EPCI with the latest EPIC software. Any help you can provide is appreciate.

JAM01

I need to write a program to send data from my flight sim software to EPIC. I want to use Pigeon Holes or QPROCs but I can't find any documentation to tell how to send the dat to EPIC. I ahave a USB EPCI with the latest EPIC software. Any help you can provide is appreciate.

You need to write to Ralph Robinson of R&R, who makes the EPIC. I really cannot undertake to support their products. In fact I don't really use an EPIC these days, though I can still answer some questions about my own software.

You talk to USB EPIC via the EPICIO.DLL supplied. The interface to this is defined in documentation also supplied by R&R. I'm surprised you've not got it amongst the "latest EPIC software" you say you have. Have you looked through it all?

Regards,

Pete

I need to write a program to send data from my flight sim software to EPIC. I want to use Pigeon Holes or QPROCs but I can't find any documentation to tell how to send the dat to EPIC. I ahave a USB EPCI with the latest EPIC software. Any help you can provide is appreciate.

You need to write to Ralph Robinson of R&R, who makes the EPIC. I really cannot undertake to support their products. In fact I don't really use an EPIC these days, though I can still answer some questions about my own software.

You talk to USB EPIC via the EPICIO.DLL supplied. The interface to this is defined in documentation also supplied by R&R. I'm surprised you've not got it amongst the "latest EPIC software" you say you have. Have you looked through it all?

Regards,

Pete

Guest jam01

I've got an email into Ralph. As far as the documentation, it does't talk to communicating with the epicio.dll at all. I've read the documentation a couple of times, but it's all centered around writing EPL.

I read a post about your EPIC ISA VXD and how it had to be used to communicate with EPIC Pigeon Holes. I was hoping you had done the same with EPIC USB and could share that info. I guess I'll have to wait on Ralph.

Thanks.

JAM01

Guest jam01

I've got an email into Ralph. As far as the documentation, it does't talk to communicating with the epicio.dll at all. I've read the documentation a couple of times, but it's all centered around writing EPL.

I read a post about your EPIC ISA VXD and how it had to be used to communicate with EPIC Pigeon Holes. I was hoping you had done the same with EPIC USB and could share that info. I guess I'll have to wait on Ralph.

Thanks.

JAM01

That's odd. I only downloaded and installed the regular package. Within the subfolder "Docs" is one called EPICIO.DOC. That's all there is, and I think it is all you need. I've attached it in case somehow it didn't get installed in your package.

I read a post about your EPIC ISA VXD and how it had to be used to communicate with EPIC Pigeon Holes. I was hoping you had done the same with EPIC USB and could share that info.

No. VXD's only run on Win98/Me, not on any NT-based system, and the USB EPIC is most definitely best used on Win2000 or XP (I could not get it to work properly at all on Win98). Apart from that, USB drivers are totally alien to me, another world completely, and one I never want to get involved with!

Ralph's solution to USB was to have a Windows Driver (the .SYS file you install) and a DLL at the user level to talk to it. A different approach completely to my VXD.

Pete

EPICIO.zip

That's odd. I only downloaded and installed the regular package. Within the subfolder "Docs" is one called EPICIO.DOC. That's all there is, and I think it is all you need. I've attached it in case somehow it didn't get installed in your package.

I read a post about your EPIC ISA VXD and how it had to be used to communicate with EPIC Pigeon Holes. I was hoping you had done the same with EPIC USB and could share that info.

No. VXD's only run on Win98/Me, not on any NT-based system, and the USB EPIC is most definitely best used on Win2000 or XP (I could not get it to work properly at all on Win98). Apart from that, USB drivers are totally alien to me, another world completely, and one I never want to get involved with!

Ralph's solution to USB was to have a Windows Driver (the .SYS file you install) and a DLL at the user level to talk to it. A different approach completely to my VXD.

Pete

Guest garybatch

You can use the EPICINFO.DLL module written by Peter Dowson. This will provide the "link" between your EPIC USB and FS2002. There is documentation provided (written by Peter Dowson as well) which explains how to write pigeon holes and QueProcs in you EPL code. You can download this software at: http://www.flightlink.com/epic/library.html

Guest garybatch

You can use the EPICINFO.DLL module written by Peter Dowson. This will provide the "link" between your EPIC USB and FS2002. There is documentation provided (written by Peter Dowson as well) which explains how to write pigeon holes and QueProcs in you EPL code. You can download this software at: http://www.flightlink.com/epic/library.html