The simFlight Network Forums

FliteMap via WideFS/TCPIP??

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

:?:

Hi Peter,

do you know any solution how i can use flitemap (flitestar) via widefs/tcpip? I know your GPscout and it use the Com-Port, but i would like to use this features via network with widefs.

best regards

didi

Guest Guest

:?:

Hi Peter,

do you know any solution how i can use flitemap (flitestar) via widefs/tcpip? I know your GPscout and it use the Com-Port, but i would like to use this features via network with widefs.

best regards

didi

You would have to ask Jeppesen to add such a feature. FliteMap has a facility to read position data from GPSs. GPSs connect via the COM port. This is what GPSout is emulating.

Do you know any GPS devices which have an Ethernet port? If so then perhaps you can persuade Jeppesen to support them in a new version of FliteMap. If you do this, let me know (and which GPS has Ethernet) and I will consider adding Ethernet support to GPSout. I'd need to know how the NMEA 0183 specification has been extended to support this medium too.

WideFS is nothing to do with it as it is merely an extension of the FSUIPC interface to Network computers. FliteMap is not an FSUIPC application and I don't think you could possibly persuade Jeppesen to make it one!

Pete

You would have to ask Jeppesen to add such a feature. FliteMap has a facility to read position data from GPSs. GPSs connect via the COM port. This is what GPSout is emulating.

Do you know any GPS devices which have an Ethernet port? If so then perhaps you can persuade Jeppesen to support them in a new version of FliteMap. If you do this, let me know (and which GPS has Ethernet) and I will consider adding Ethernet support to GPSout. I'd need to know how the NMEA 0183 specification has been extended to support this medium too.

WideFS is nothing to do with it as it is merely an extension of the FSUIPC interface to Network computers. FliteMap is not an FSUIPC application and I don't think you could possibly persuade Jeppesen to make it one!

Pete