• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MaltonJetsYYZ

MaltonJetsYYZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 12:42 AM

:( I have had no problems with any of the other Simflyers sceneries (and I have most of them). I have been widely anticipating the release of KLAS bu now I cannot enjoy it. Las Vegas Scenery is very dense around the airport, granted, but this shouldn't account for this typr of fram rate. Whenever the aircraft is in line of sight of the Las Vegas strip - be it viewed from the flightdeck or in spot view, the frame rates grind to a painful choppy mess. If it is not in sight of the strip everything is A OK. This problem did not happen at all before I installed KLAS. On approach, the aircraft cannot be properly controlled because of the gaps in time between fram rates - ultimately creating an entire loss of control and realism. Can anybody tell me how to increase frame rates around simflyers KLAS without sacrificing the strip scenery )ie density, shadows etc) My system has more than enough juice to handle this scenery )P4 1.2 MHZ 385 megs RAM) but it can not. Also.. are there any known conflicts with 3rd party sceneries for Vegas and Simflyers KLAS? HELP!!!

#2 JohnThomas

JohnThomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 16 May 2003 - 04:41 AM

Rather odd during beta I was tesing Vegas on a P3 1Ghz, 512 Mb Ram using our Las Vegas and an add-on Vegas strip scenery and I was getting on average w/ AI @ 100% (PAI) 9fps but it was smooth.

My new system setup the last week of beta again with our Las Vegas full AI, Vegas add-on scenery I am getting 17-22fps using the Ariane Gmax 737, and DF GA 737 panel.

Are you using the static scenery?

Are you using any mesh for the area?

To be honest you are the First to report low FPS.

John
Sim Flyers Developer

United Airlines Historian
&
Memorabilia Collector

Member of the World Airline Historical Society

#3 MaltonJetsYYZ

MaltonJetsYYZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 11:28 AM

I am using the latest add on scenery of the vegas strip. I forget the authrios but I am certain they are Japanese. I do not have this problem with New York, which is equally as dense and has Anzari's LaGuardia airport as well. With Vegas the frames rates almost slow to a freeze when looking at the vegas skyline - with Simflyers KLAS installed. All my other Simflyers sceneires are running smoothly. I'm stumped! and ultimately unhappy. :( :( :(

Regards

Tim P

#4 JohnThomas

JohnThomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 16 May 2003 - 02:09 PM

Tim are you using the newer Gmax version of the Vegas strip scenery?

Also disable the Vegas strip scenery and use the default scenery and have a look at the performance increase. It might be that you have far too much scenery loading in the general area the big difference between the Vegas area and the NY area is that in Vegas the scenery is back to back with our airport so you have a continues lot of scenery loading.

I get a 10fps (getting high 20's low 30's w/ full AI) increase when the Vegas strip scenery (add-on) is disabled give that a shot.

Also are you using the Vegas static scenery if so disable that as well.

John
Sim Flyers Developer

United Airlines Historian
&
Memorabilia Collector

Member of the World Airline Historical Society

#5 MaltonJetsYYZ

MaltonJetsYYZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 09:12 PM

Hi John.. I will try it out but it is a real damn shame that I can't use both. The default Vegas scenery is brutal. Is there something for FS2002 previous to the GMAX scenery that is almost as good and not as hard of the FPS rates?

Thanks

Tim :?:

#6 MaltonJetsYYZ

MaltonJetsYYZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 10:48 PM

Hi John. I managed to resolve the conflict, without chopping scenery. I simply made the GMAX scenery a higher layer/priority than Simflyers KLAS. This appears to have worked! :D :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket