The simFlight Network Forums

Freeware/shareware etc...

Guest Siminfrance

Guest Siminfrance

Hi Pete,

Thanks to your reply yesterday i now know that this forum exists; i will look at it more often in future.

I don't think that my questions really apply to this forum as they are more SDK related and not really FUIPC related. (Unless I can post my questions here, I would be happy to).

But more importantly i noticed that you are not having much luck with Donations. That does not really surprises me, (from my experience on the web).

What does surprise me is that you have not released your own Shareware,

I mean with you reputation you could make a fair income.

You could make anything, a Plane editor, a Map editor, anything really.

I also agree that you should charge all sharewares that use FSUIPC a Monthly fee; I think it is only fair that they do share the profit with you.

Part of me also thinks that you should charge for using FSUIPC, if you were to do that a large amount of shareware will have to pay you if they wish to bundle your DLL with their product.

Best of luck.

Simon.

P.S. Like most of us I did not donate anything.

Sorry.

Thanks to your reply yesterday i now know that this forum exists; i will look at it more often in future. I don't think that my questions really apply to this forum as they are more SDK related and not really FUIPC related. (Unless I can post my questions here, I would be happy to).

That email address you used for me is now defunct. I'd rather deal with all questions, whether support or not, here, as then the answers benefit more folks and it saves me repeating things so much. Also, there is a better chance of someone else chipping in who may know more, or who can help when I'm away. So, yes, please do ask questions if you think I/we might know the answers.

What does surprise me is that you have not released your own Shareware

Well, up till recently I didn't need the money and preferred to keep things nice and easy, a pure "hobby", for fun. Things have changed rather dramatically.

Don't worry, at least FSUIPC and WideFS will become shareware, or payware, with special arrangements for packaged and shareware applications.

Regards,

Pete