The simFlight Network Forums

Multiple ini

Guest warren13

Guest warren13

First off Pete... Thanks. You always seem to out do yourself with FSUIPC!

Here's my problem... Nothing with FSUIPC or anything, but I'm sure you know the answer

I'm trying to get multiple ini installations, as per your Advanced Users doc, and it's killing me.

Here's my setup:

-FS2002 on Win2K

-I Have a FSUIPC.ini file in Modules named R172E.ini

-I have a fs2002.cfg file in fs2002 root directory named R172E.cfg

-The first two lines in my R172E.cfg file are:

[FSUIPC]

ControlName=R172E

-I have a shortcut to fs2002.exe on my desktop with the command line reading:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\fs2002.exe /CFG:R172E.CFG"

I keep getting an error when I click on APPLY for the shortcut that it is invalid.

It's driving me nuts. I used to have this setup, without problems, but after this rebuild, I can't get it working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Again

Warren

I have a shortcut to fs2002.exe on my desktop with the command line reading:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\fs2002.exe /CFG:R172E.CFG"

I keep getting an error when I click on APPLY for the shortcut that it is invalid.

I think that's because the "" you are using are wrongly placed. These are only needed to stop the spaces in "Program Files" and "Microsoft Games" looking to the Command Line executor like the gap before the parameters.

However, the space before the /CFG part IS supposed to be seen as the space before the parameters, as /CFGis a parameter, NOT part of the name of the program.

The way you have it, Windows is looking for a program called

"fs2002.exe /CFG:R172E.CFG".

Try it with the second " after the .exe part, which is where the program name ends.

Pete

Guest warren13

Peter, thanks. It worked. That was the problem. And, you've helped and taught me something (like, what those quotation marks meant).

Now though, there is something else. That worked, yes, but FSUIPC created a default ini in the modules folder instead of using the one specified in the R172E.cfg file:

[FSUIPC]

ControlName=R172E

Is it syntax again?

Warren

Now though, there is something else. That worked, yes, but FSUIPC created a default ini in the modules folder instead of using the one specified in the R172E.cfg file

Ah, you've got me there. I've not used that facility for several years. I'm pretty sure it did work, but maybe I've broken it. No one else uses it as far as I know. I'll see if I can find time to check it out within the next day or two.

Pete

FSUIPC created a default ini in the modules folder instead of using the one specified in the R172E.cfg file:

[FSUIPC]

ControlName=R172E

Is it syntax again?

I tested this today and it works fine here. I cannot think what is wrong there. Make sure you have a line AFTER the ControlName line, just in case. Maybe Windows doesn't read parameters which don't end in a new line control.

Pete