GGL_Shantidas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

Hi all ! Namaste! Bonjour! :)

Here is a new "microscene" for INDIA. I tested it in FS2004 but I suppose it works in FSX as well.

First, some History.
Tomorrow will be April 5th. It is an important anniversary in the History of INDIA.

GANDHI's SALT MARCH
gandhi.jpg
On 12 March 1930, Mahâtma GANDHI started his famous "Salt March" from AHMEDABAD to DANDI.
You probably remember what happened at the beginning of the Salt March.

"The Salt March, also mainly known as the Salt Satyagraha, began with the Dandi March on 12 March 1930, and was an important part of the Indian independence movement. It was a direct action campaign of tax resistance and nonviolent protest against the British salt monopoly in colonial India, and triggered the wider Civil Disobedience Movement. This was the most significant organised challenge to British authority since the Non-cooperation movement of 1920–22, and directly followed the Purna Swaraj declaration of independence by the Indian National Congress on 26 January 1930.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (commonly called Mahatma Gandhi) led the Dandi march from his base, Sabarmati Ashram near Ahmedabad, to the coastal village of Dandi, located at a small town called Navsari, in the state of Gujarat. As he continued on this 24-day, 240-mile (390 km) march to produce salt without paying the tax, growing numbers of Indians joined him along the way."
(Source : WIKIPEDIA)

Now let us see what happened at the end of the March :

"When Gandhi broke the salt laws at 6:30 am on 5 April 1930, it sparked large scale acts of civil disobedience against the British Raj salt laws by millions of Indians. The campaign had a significant effect on changing world and British attitude towards Indian independence and caused large numbers of Indians to join the fight for the first time.
After making salt at Dandi, Gandhi continued southward along the coast, producing salt and addressing meetings on the way. His party planned to stage a satyagraha at the Dharasana Salt Works, 25 miles south of Dandi. However, Gandhi was arrested on the midnight of 4–5 May 1930, just days before the planned action at Dharasana. The Dandi March and the ensuing Dharasana Satyagraha drew worldwide attention to the Indian independence movement through extensive newspaper and newsreel coverage. The satyagraha against the salt tax continued for almost a year, ending with Gandhi's release from jail and negotiations with Viceroy Lord Irwin at the Second Round Table Conference. Over 80,000 Indians were jailed as a result of the Salt Satyagraha. However, it failed to result in major concessions from the British.
The Salt Satyagraha campaign was based upon Gandhi's principles of nonviolent protest called satyagraha, which he loosely translated as "truth-force." Literally, it is formed from the Sanskrit words satya, "truth", and agraha, "force." In early 1930 the Indian National Congress chose satyagraha as their main tactic for winning Indian independence from British rule and appointed Gandhi to organise the campaign. Gandhi chose the 1882 British Salt Act as the first target of satyagraha. The Salt March to Dandi, and the beating by British police of hundreds of nonviolent protesters in Dharasana, which received worldwide news coverage, demonstrated the effective use of civil disobedience as a technique for fighting social and political injustice. The satyagraha teachings of Gandhi and the March to Dandi had a significant influence on American civil rights activist Martin Luther King, Jr., and his fight for civil rights for blacks and other minority groups in the 1960s.(Source : WIKIPEDIA)

VIDEOS on GANDHI's "SALT MARCH"
=> YOUTUBE : type "Gandhi's Salt March" > several videos in English
You will even find a short historical film showing GANDHI and his friends during the "Salt March".

GANDHI and HUMOUR
While I was looking for info about SURAT airport and DANDI on the Net, I discovered there is an "animated mahâtma" walking to DANDI, on YOUTUBE.
=> YOUTUBE : type "animated mahâtma gandhi dandi yatra march" and you'll see...
The text says : "THE SATYAGRAHA WAY - There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
GANDHIJI had a deep sense of humour and we may suppose he would have smiled too at seeing this "animated mahâtma". ;)
On a web page entitled "The humour of GANDHI", S. DURAI RAJA SINGAM says : "There is, surely, a lesson to be learned from Gandhiji’s laughter, as much as from his application of the philosophy of non-violence conflicts of mankind. If we could laugh a little more at our own imperfections and shortcomings, perhaps the fears and passions which divide the nations in this nuclear age would begin to disperse and allow the tender plant of tolerance to blossom. For if you can laugh at yourself and with others without malice or the desire to hurt, you begin to find, as Gandhiji taught, that fundamentally all men are brothers."
When you fly to SURAT VASU and DANDI beach, using my humble microscene (below), you will find a sort of short airstrip I prepared for you on the beach, near the area where all the boats are gathered. After landing there, listen carefully : you may hear the echo of GANDHI's laughter! It is his message of non-violence, peace and brotherhood. :D   

UNITED NATIONS VIRTUAL contribution : SURAT and DANDI
Well, I did not find any airport at DANDI and I suppose there is none (except my fictitious airstrip near the beach). But... I found one a few miles away, at SURAT (North of DANDI). So I decided to draw a double microscene : one part for SURAT airport, and one part for DANDI beach, where I gathered many boats to help you find the beach when you arrive in the region on your aircraft.
I am glad to celebrate this important "Salt March" event by offering you a UNITED NATIONS VIRTUAL "microscene" dedicated to SURAT VASU, INDIA. :cool:
I added 4 aprons, 5 taxiways, taxisigns, NDB SU 201.0, VOR SUR 112.2... I extended Rwy 4 from 1402 x 30 m to 2250 x 45 m.
I added the new terminal and changed the tower.
You now have 4 parking stands (fictitious positions, as I could not find a Parking Docking chart on the Internet) and 405 scenery objects.

PICTURES

SURAT VASU default scenery in FS2004 :
surat%20vasu_0.jpg

and...
UNITED NATIONS VIRTUAL "microscene" for SURAT VASU, INDIA :
surat%20vasu_1.jpg

DOWNLOAD
For DOWNLOAD, please go to the "UNITED NATIONS VIRTUAL Microscenes" page :
=> http://ggl.pagespers...icroscenes.html
NB : UNO VIRTUAL is now offering you 236 microscenes (many of them are dedicated to INDIA).

FLIGHT SUGGESTION
You can celebrate GANDHI's "Salt March" by performing a flight from AHMEDABAD to SURAT, of course. ;)

Happy landing! :cool:

Georges-Guy
Georges-Guy LOURDEAUX - "NATIONS UNIES Virtuelles - UNITED NATIONS Virtual"
http://pagesperso-or...tual/index.html
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 GGL_Shantidas

GGL_Shantidas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Hello, Bonjour,

Usually, I am very happy to offer you my "microscenes" for INDIA.
Please allow me to make an exception today : I would like to present my latest scenery, dedicated to... RWANDA.

RWANDA : remembrance of the victims of genocide
Today, 7 april 2014, is an international day for the remembrance of the victims of genocide in RWANDA.
UNITED NATIONS VIRTUAL joins this international day, not only to honor the memory of the victims, but also to support all actions in favour of Human Rights (especially the Rights of the Child) in RWANDA and everywhere in the World.
I offer you a "microscene" for RWANDA : it symbolizes the importance of HUMAN RIGHTS and NON-VIOLENCE for PEACE.

RWANDA : info and action
As regards Human Rights as well as any other important subject, info is useful when it helps us to understand but also... to act. Here are a few links :

- UNO : "RWANDA remembers"
=> http://www.un.org/af...wanda-remembers

- UNESCO : introduce the Holocaust and genocides in education programmes
=> http://www.unesco.or...s/#.U0KLw3mKC70

- HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH : Justice progress after genocide
=> http://www.hrw.org/n...-after-genocide

- UNICEF : acting for children in RWANDA
=> http://www.unicef.or...try/rwanda.html

UNITED NATIONS VIRTUAL : "microscene" for KIGALI HRYR, RWANDA
While I was designing this microscene, I thought of the victims of genocide, especially the children. In those remote days of genocide, I was engaged in a humanitarian action for Africa : with a group of friends, we were cooperating in the building of a school in... RWANDA. The school was built indeed and many children studied there.
This "microscene" for KIGALI HRYR includes 10 parking stands (true to aeronautical charts and satellite views), and 1177 scenery objects.
I dedicate my work to the children of RWANDA and all the children of Africa and the World.

IMAGES

KIGALI by default in FS2004 :
kigali%20hryr_0.jpg

and...
KIGALI HRYR in UNITED NATIONS VIRTUAL "microscene" :
kigali%20hryr_1.jpg

DOWNLOAD
UNITED NATIONS VIRTUAL "microscenes" page :
=> http://ggl.pagespers...icroscenes.html

SHANTI - PEACE - PAIX - PAZ - FRIEDEN - PACE - MIR - SALAM... to all the children of the World ! :) :cool:

Georges-Guy

Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 GGL_Shantidas

GGL_Shantidas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

Hi all, Bonjour à tous, :)

Today many people in the World are celebrating * EASTER *.
It is a good opportunity for children to eat chocolate eggs.
I am glad to offer you a big "Easter egg". It is not made of chocolate and it is BIG indeed, but I think you may appreciate it when you leave INDIA and travel far away around the World.

AIRBUS A380-800 from UNITED NATIONS VIRTUAL (FSX & FS2004)
Original model : Robert VERSLUYS
UNITED NATIONS livery : Georges-Guy LOURDEAUX
un_a380-800_1.jpg

DOWNLOAD
"FLEET" page of UNITED NATIONS VIRTUAL :
http://ggl.pagespers...tual/fleet.html

Happy flying from INDIA around the WORLD! :cool:

Georges-Guy
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UNO, Peace, Human Rights, Non-violence, INDIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket