The simFlight Network Forums

'Not accredited' messages

Hello Peter. I wonder if you could kindly help me with a small problem. Every now and again (about 20% of the time I start up FS9, I get an FSUIPC error window telling me that a programme I am using is not accredited for use with an unregistered copy of FSUIPC. The next few times I use FS9, I probably don't get the message, so I am a bit confused.

The log file (near the end - 43500) seems to indicate ActiveSky as the culprit (?) but I've had that installed for several months with no problems until now. Does AS6 need a key for FSUIPC? Also, 737NG.air looks to be a problem (this is from Jon Murchison's 737NG_AIS AI collection, nothing to do with PMDG) - but again, I don't see anything about a need for a key for this air file anywhere.

The log file is below. Many thanks in advance Peter,

Martin

-------

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.70 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

13641 System time = 11:26:21

13641 \\MARTIN-DELL\FS2004 (G)\Flight Simulator 2004\

13657 G:\Program Files\FSHotSFX\FSHotSfx.exe MINIZ

13985 Client Application: "ASv6" (Id=2712)

13985 G:\Flight Simulator 2004\Modules\ASv6\ASv6.exe

13985 Product="ActiveSky 6"

13985 Company="HiFi Simulation Software"

14063 System time = 11:26:21, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

34313 C:\DOCUME~1\Martin\MYDOCU~1\FLIGHT~1\-ENROU~1.flt

34391 AIRCRAFT\b737_700_800_900-NG_AIS\737NG.air

41703 Illegal write attempt: offset C800, size 1024 [P2712]

41703Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

41750 Client Application: "FSHotSfx" (Id=3264)

41750 G:\Program Files\FSHotSFX\FSHotSfx.exe

41750 Product="FSHotSFX"

41750 Company="FSHotSeat.com"

41860 Module [M1] identified = "ActiveRadar.dll"

41860 Module [M1] "ActiveRadar.dll" access registration is okay

42047 Program [3264] "FSHotSfx" access registration is okay

43500 Client Application: "ASv6" (Id=2712)

43500 G:\Flight Simulator 2004\Modules\ASv6\ASv6.exe

43500 Product="ActiveSky 6"

43500 Company="HiFi Simulation Software"

43500 Illegal write attempt: offset C800, size 1024 [P2712]

43500Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

48078 ### IPC Message processed in 6390mSecs ###

57563 Program [2712] "ASv6" access registration is okay

73172 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

73172 Traffic File #17 = "scenery\world\scenery\traffic"

74782 WeatherOptions set, now 0000B12F (timer=247)

91078 System time = 11:27:38, FS2004 time = 12:03:19 (02:33Z)

91078 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 56 Allocs, 4723 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ****

Every now and again (about 20% of the time I start up FS9, I get an FSUIPC error window telling me that a programme I am using is not accredited for use with an unregistered copy of FSUIPC. The next few times I use FS9, I probably don't get the message, so I am a bit confused.

So would I be. I cannot tell from your log, but it looks like a case of a Key being written incorrectly. It seems to be ASV6 (going by the process ID 2712 in the Log).

The log file (near the end - 43500) seems to indicate ActiveSky as the culprit (?) but I've had that installed for several months with no problems until now. Does AS6 need a key for FSUIPC?

It has one built in -- it should be writing it. I'm not sure why the same problem appears twice in your log either. Something seems to be messing things up a bit.

Also, 737NG.air looks to be a problem (this is from Jon Murchison's 737NG_AIS AI collection, nothing to do with PMDG) - but again, I don't see anything about a need for a key for this air file anywhere.

No, the AIR file cannot access FSUIPC anyway -- the log is identifying ASV6 by the Process ID 2712. But possibly the panel loaded for that aircraft is causing a problem, though I don't understand how. Do you ever get it with other aircraft?

On the second instance:

43500 Client Application: "ASv6" (Id=2712)

43500 G:\Flight Simulator 2004\Modules\ASv6\ASv6.exe

43500 Product="ActiveSky 6"

43500 Company="HiFi Simulation Software"

43500 Illegal write attempt: offset C800, size 1024 [P2712]

43500Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

48078 ### IPC Message processed in 6390mSecs ###

57563 Program [2712] "ASv6" access registration is okay

it is odd that (a) the program appears to be Opening the FSUIPC link again, and (b) it fails by accessing C800 before it sends the access key, 9 seconds later, which is then accepted.

I seem to remember something similar reported, something to do with ASV6's threads operating at different speeds and getting things in the wrong order occasionally? It may not actually have been ASV6, but it may be worth your while searching a bit. also see if you have the very latest update to ASV6 -- it may have been something noted and fixed.

Please also check it with FSUIPC 3.709, available in the announcements above.

Finally, for more information, you could enable IPC Read and IPC Write logging in FSUIPC's logging tab. That will make a much bigger log, so it will need Zipping and sending to petedowson@btconnect.com. That will show me precisely the order in which ASV6 is doing things, and the validity of the key it writes.

Regards

Pete

I have the latest version of AS6, and installed FSUIPC 3.7.0.9 but I still get the problem - intermittently. I have loaded up the same flight several times this afternoon to troubleshoot some other problem, and the last time I loaded it I got the 'not accredited' message.

I'll have a look to see if there is anything on AS6 forums, but if I don't find a solution, I'll enable full logging in FSUIPC and send you a zipped copy, as you suggest.

Thank you,

M.

• 2 weeks later...

The one time I had the error message, since I last posted, I went to the FSUIPC folder, only to find that there was no log file there at all. I had enabled IPC read & write logging. Odd?? So I created a blank log file, which now has entries.

Since then I haven't had any FSUIPC error messages..

I am going abroad for some months next week, so if I don't get any problem before then, it will be next Spring before I post back. I will do so though, if I get any future problems along these lines,

Thanks,

Martin

The one time I had the error message, since I last posted, I went to the FSUIPC folder, only to find that there was no log file there at all.

FSUIPC always creates a Log file, even if you select no logging. If it doesn't then it isn't running or there's something rather seriously wrong with the file system somehow. In the seven years FSUIPC has been available I've never heard of a case where no log file was produced.

I had enabled IPC read & write logging. Odd?? So I created a blank log file, which now has entries.

The previous log file is always deleted and a new one created each time FSUIPC starts.

Regards

Pete

I am going abroad for some months next week, so if I don't get any problem before then, it will be next Spring before I post back. I will do so though, if I get any future problems along these lines,

I received your log, by email, and it shows that ASV6 is somehow trying to write to C800 illegally before it has supplied its credentials:

79797 Client Application: "ASv6" (Id=3640)

79797 G:\Flight Simulator 2004\Modules\ASv6\ASv6.exe

79797 Product="ActiveSky 6"

79797 Company="HiFi Simulation Software"

79797 Illegal write attempt: offset C800, size 1024 [P3640]

79797Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

I assume that its attempts have been thwarted by everything else going on during initialisation. The ActiveRadar DLL muscles in immediately after, and a program called "FSHotSFX" is then so monopolising the interface to FSUIPC for so long that I suspect ASV6 is having problems:

Client Application: "FSHotSfx" (Id=3612)

79984 G:\Program Files\FSHotSFX\FSHotSfx.exe

79984 Product="FSHotSFX"

79984 Company="FSHotSeat.com"

79984 READ0 [P3612] 3304, 4 bytes: 00 00 09 37

79984 READ0 [P3612] 3308, 4 bytes: 07 00 DE FA

79984 WRITE0 [P3612] (failed, read-only!) 330A, 2 bytes: 00 00

80094 WRITE0 [P3612] 8001, 12 bytes: 55 39 39 45 5A 59 52 34 50 30 47 50

80094 Program [3612] "FSHotSfx" access registration is okay

80094 ...

This above sequence shows a correct startup and registration, unlike the ASV6 one. Somhow ASV6 never gets to send its registration key early enough.

Most of the rest of the log is full of so much traffic between FS and FSHotSFX that I'm surprised you manage to fly at all. Every 200 mSecs it does over 200 individual read requests! The next seen of ASV6 is

87187 WRITE0 [P3640] 8001, 14 bytes: 39 47 39 4C 43 4E 54 32 4D 44 55 59 00 00

87187 Program [3640] "ASv6" access registration is okay

showing that it finally writes its access Key 8 seconds after it attempts to

first write any weather data.

Something is wrong with ASV6 as there is no way it should attempt to do one before the other. Please send the Log and my comments to their support. I suspect they have several threads running and there's an interlock mechanism missing.

Meanwhile, there are two courses you can take:

1. I don't know how you are starting these programs, but it seems to me you have too much happening immediately after FS is ready. You really need to start up FSHotFSX some time AFTER ASV6 has started, or vice versa.

2. I am looking at removing the access checking in FSUIPC3 in any case in version 3.71, to be released this month. Nothing definite yet, but if I do the this problem will just disappear in any case.

Pete

• 1 month later...

Pete,

I have installed the latest FSUIPC.dll file, which you say will cure the problem. If I do get further difficulties, I will stop FSHotSFX loading at FS9 startup. It is, all in all, a pain of a programme - not least because it keeps switching off the NAV1 radio during ILS approach. It does, however, improve the noise of AI aircraft by several hundred percent (they now sound very impressive indeed) and I would be very sad to lose it. (I've rigged up a script file which disables the programme at the click of a mouse, allowing me to do proper ILS landings).

I'll post back here if problems continue, in spite of the above. Sounds as if things should be OK though.

Thanks again for your help Peter,

Martin

We know FSHotSeat interfered with the FSUIPC processes Radar Contact uses and it is listed as causing incompatibilities. FSHotSeat is described as including the functionality of FSHotSeatFX. Perhaps a similar case is occurring.

As I recall it affected the way FSUIPC reported some parameters.

(Crossposted to AS forum.)

We know FSHotSeat interfered with the FSUIPC processes Radar Contact uses and it is listed as causing incompatibilities. FSHotSeat is described as including the functionality of FSHotSeatFX. Perhaps a similar case is occurring.

As I recall it affected the way FSUIPC reported some parameters.

(Crossposted to AS forum.)

No, the problem is (was) a bug in Radar Contact and is to do with hot-key assignments. Both use FSUIPC's facilities for detecting keypresses on the FS PC, no matter where they are running. Things are okay if RC is running first, as it allocates the first few key slots, but it goes wrong if something else has already started using them. It assigns the keys it needs properly, but references them afterwards as if they were the first batch.

I though JD had fixed that by now. It's been around ofr quirte some time.

I'm not aware of any other problems between them.

Regards

Pete