The simFlight Network Forums

Simconnect Error

Thank you so much!!!! :D :D

adding the manifests and cat after renaming them WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just joined now so I could post a thank you.

Playing FSDISCOVER NOW.

Thanks again markt.

May sound like a stupid question but renaming the two files(security and manefest) to the Product ID number , is this the Product Key number(Inside of FSX box) you are refering to ? :?:

Thanks ,

Rich

New Lexington , Ohio

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey.. I saw this topic last year and this method worked well... now i am in a Vista operating system and i did the same thind here too..but it didnt work. Any suggestions?

I found a new folder inside SxS in vista.. the "catalog" folder.. do you have to place the catalog file here? if so in what name? Please help..

• 4 months later...

Hi Pete,

I hope you don't mind me adding to this thread but I have exactly the same problem and have tried to correct it, but first this is what Iv'e got.

I have had FSX Deluxe for some time and very recently upgraded to FSX Acceleration SDK SP2 which gave me a few problems most I have been able to deal with except being able to install FSUIPC4.

Now on following various trains of thought such as checking Windows fire wall etc and my antivirus, I came here and tried to follow Mark T's fix.

Out of the 3 Simconnet folders in winsxs I have one Simconnect.dll 10.0.61637.0 this is in the last folder, when I looked in the Manifest folder I found a lot of Manifest files and security catalog files the first 2 dll's and security catalog files belong to Microsoft Flight Simulator

so that's leaves me with a problem regarding Mark T's fix as to renaming them as I don't know which ones to rename.

I have uninstalled installed but the problem remains the same, I even tried to to install FSX to my original settings where FSUIPC worked the problem persists, I have Activesky X which also fails to simconnect which means the weather will not be updated.

Your help WILL be very much appeciated.

Dave.

I hope you don't mind me adding to this thread but I have exactly the same problem

Sorry, that's confused me already. Which "same" are you referring to? This thread seems to have wandered around a bit. Not only that, is is over two years old!

... except being able to install FSUIPC4.

So, it your problem "I cannot install FSUIPC4"? If so I need to see the Install log in the first instance, please.

Now on following various trains of thought such as checking Windows fire wall etc and my antivirus, I came here and tried to follow Mark T's fix.

Out of the 3 Simconnet folders in winsxs I have one Simconnect.dll 10.0.61637.0 this is in the last folder, when I looked in the Manifest folder I found a lot of Manifest files and security catalog files the first 2 dll's and security catalog files belong to Microsoft Flight Simulator

so that's leaves me with a problem regarding Mark T's fix as to renaming them as I don't know which ones to rename.

Never ever rename things in the WinSxS folders. That is going to really cause you problems. Looking back I don't see any such "method" being discussed except over two years ago, and then there was no FSX SP1 or SP2 or Acceleration, just the one layer of SimConnect to sort out.

I have Activesky X which also fails to simconnect which means the weather will not be updated.

It sounds like you really have a screwed up system. Did you read my FSX Help announcement and try anything there, regarding fixing the base layer SimConnect? I think that's all you should need to do -- delete the base SimConnect folder and run FSX repair from the original DVD.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I did not look at the date when this thread was opened, all I know is that I have a similar problem which if possible I would like resolveing.

This is the FSUIPC log file from my FSX modules folder........................

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.28

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="D:\Programes Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Today I deleted all traces of Simconnect, I repaired FSX with my FSX Deluxe disk, and the from the disc SDK was installed which I activated

no change, I repaired FSX Acceleration with the disc and activated SDK SP1 no change, I then installed SDK SP1a no change, then SDK SP2 and this where I an now no change.

Thanks Pete,

Dave.

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

This is the typical problem reported when your base ~SimConnect installation is corrupted in some way. From reports it sems it stems most often from attempts to uninstall / reinstall FSX itself. I think MS have made a bit of a mess with the "side-by-side" library system. It sems that it installs okay (normally) but it is a devil of a job to uninstall!

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

It is also very odd that you appear to have no SP1 version of SimConnect recognisably installed. That will really stop quite a lot of FSX add-ons which are written to use that version.

By tomorrow morning I will have released FSUIPC4 version 4.50. This version will use any old SimConnect it can find so the dependency on having the base version installed for it to load disappears. I had to make this change in order to have one program working on both FSX and ESP -- with neither FSX nor ESP being developed any further the overhead of maintaining two versions was not justified.

So, tomorrow your problem with FSUIPC4 may be fixed. But I'm afraid that won't help with ASX or possibly any other SimConnect client program.

Today I deleted all traces of Simconnect

How? What exactly did you 'remove', and surely not all? Initially just remove the one WinSxS SimConnect relating to the base version, 60905, so you can repair.

I think you will now have to completely uninstall Acceleration (and SP1 if installed separately) and FSX itself, in that order, then check and delete any WinSxS folders relating to SimConnect, then install FSX from scratch again. RUN FSX in that state and check it before adding Acceleration -- if you don't do that I think it goes wrong, as files need to be there for Acceleration to operate on which are only created when FSX is run.

I'm not sure about your ordering of SDK updates either. Do they each need the previous one in order to install? I didn't think so. I would have thought you could install the SDK after FSX, from the DVD -- that's needed to provde you own the DeLuxe edition -- then just install the SP2 SDK until after you've installed (and checked) Acceleration -- i.e. completely leave out the SP1 and SP1A versions? Doesn't that work?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I just deleted the Simconnect files only, as regards installing FSX SDK, SP1 SP 1a and SP 2 they all had to go in that order but as each install it would remove the previous version of SDK, I have one Simconnect file in WinSxS which contains Sinconnect 10.0.61637.0 dll.

I think for the time being I will wait for your FSUIPC 4.50 which I hope will solve one part of the Simconnect problem, as regards AFX I will take the problem to the manufacturer should I need too.

Thanks Pete,

Dave.

Hi Pete,

One piece of good news I have got FSUIPC 4.28 to work, In the SDK fold, sub folder Legacy Interface I found two folders FSX RTM and FSX SP1,I opened FSX RTM and I found another SDK exe so I had nothing to loose and bingo FSUIPC 4.28 Installed.

AFX is still not connecting but again this seems to be a fairly common problem, so with that thank you very much for your support and help.

Dave.

One piece of good news I have got FSUIPC 4.28 to work, In the SDK fold, sub folder Legacy Interface I found two folders FSX RTM and FSX SP1,I opened FSX RTM and I found another SDK exe so I had nothing to loose and bingo FSUIPC 4.28 Installed.

4.28 is rather old and is certainly not supported. If that installed okay them most certainly the current version (till tomorrow), 4.40 should install.

Installation of SDKs is completely irrelevant to whether FSUIPC installs and works -- in fact it is completely irrelevant to all except those who wish to use the SDKs. So what on Earth your installing of them did to change anything I've no idea.

There is a "SimConnect.msi" install package in the folders the SDK installs -- in fact the SP2 version will have the SP1 and base SimConnect.msi's too, probably under "legacy", so after deleting the SimConnect folders those are a more direct way to repair. However, I didn't think they were executed just by installing the SDK. If they did, that might explain your solution -- they would have put the missing two WinSxS SimConnect folders back in shape. If that's all they did it sounds like your earlier "repairs" didn't succeed in doing this.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

The point is I had a problem with Simconnect effecting the installation of FSUIPC and the correct running of AFX, ok perhaps I did go at somewhat arse about face, but whatever I did I have both programs running as they should, and I'm happy about that, my Sim is working perfectly, yesterday I had my first flight in ages and I really enjoyed it, aircraft looking good no problems with gauges and a fantastic weather set up.

Thanks again Pete,

Dave.