The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC FSX MULTIPLAYER PROBLEM

After getting over the initial install hurdle with FSX everything appears to be functioning properly with FSUIPC and WIDEFS in single player mode. When operating in single player mode I have had trouble free operation of Gpsout (used to drive a Garmin GPSMAP 396) and no problem connecting via network to all of my Project Magenta programs. However, when I attempt to operate in the multiplayer mode two issues occur 1) the GPS no longer receives data, and 2) data is no longer passed from FSX to the project magenta software via WIDESERVER (instrument panels don't function). The WIDESERVER icon on the remote computer reads "connected" but no data is being fed to the programs. No idea where to begin to troubleshoot a problem like this. I have replicated this problem twice now and it only occurs when operating in multiplayer mode.

I just read a similar post related to Gpsout where two people experienced at least part of the problem with respect to Gpsout, and you replied that there is some kind of bug with "sim-connect". You discussed a work-around, but I'm afraid that I don't understand what that workaround is or how to do it. Could you explain to me what steps I should take to get around this issue until the day in the distant future when FSX gets a patch?

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Chris

However, when I attempt to operate in the multiplayer mode two issues occur 1) the GPS no longer receives data, and 2) data is no longer passed from FSX to the project magenta software via WIDESERVER (instrument panels don't function).

SimConnect stops sending data to all of its clients as soon as you start MultiPlayer mode. Microsoft know about this, they have reproduced it, and I confidently expect a fix some time in the new year.

Meanwhile, the work-around I implemented some time ago in FSUIPC4 should get you over this, as it detects the lack of information and re-connects after a few seconds. You will just get a bit of a gap initially, after enabling MP mode.

Could you explain to me what steps I should take to get around this issue until the day in the distant future when FSX gets a patch?

Easy -- please just regularly check the Announcements near the top of this Forum, where such things are listed and fixes and work-arounds provided. The FSUIPC4 re-connection work-around was implemented back in Version 4.04 back in November, so it does sound like you have a pretty old version still. It is best in these early days of FSX to try to keep up to date. The current User release is 4.06 (over in the Schiratti website), and there's an interim version 4.065 available in the Announcements above.

Regards

Pete

Peter,

Thanks for the information. I have the current version of FSUIPC and I waited more a few minutes in multiplayer mode but didn't get a restart of functioning. I'll try the beta version you have posted and see if I have better luck.

Appreciate the quick reply... and Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,

Chris

Thanks for the information. I have the current version of FSUIPC and I waited more a few minutes in multiplayer mode but didn't get a restart of functioning.

By "current" do you mean 4.06? Can you check please? I would like to see the FSUIPC4.Log, please, because the re-connecting change has worked fine for everyone else -- and it should only be a few seconds, at most, not minutes! You may not even notice it.

If it isn't working on your system then something else is going on. Please let me see the Log.

Regards

Pete

• 10 years later...

Hi Pete, now its 11 years ago and I come back to this issue.

I run two FlightSim PCs and tried on both to start FSX MPL mode.

The LOG file filenames, I will attach, starts with the prefix F3 and F4.

The F3 LOG shows the version where FSUIPC stops working, and the F4 LOG shows the version where I can control FSX.

The F3 LOG stops after this line : " 101479 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1" and continues when I stop FSX.

The F3 FSUIPC Version is  4.969 and the F4 FSUIPC Version is  4.97

Both systems are WIN7 , both FS are the same FSX version.

What is the reason for this different behaviour? How can I troubleshoot?

thanks

Alhard

F3 FSUIPC4_mpl.log

F4 FSUIPC4_mpl.log

2 hours ago, alihor said:

I run two FlightSim PCs and tried on both to start FSX MPL mode.

FSUIPC knows absolutely nothing anout multiplayer mode. It is simply not involved. There is nothing in it which is remotely concerned with it.

The F3 FSUIPC Version is  4.969 and the F4 FSUIPC Version is  4.97

They are both older and unsupported FSUIPC4 versions. 

The F3 LOG stops after this line : " 101479 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1" and continues when I stop FSX.

It is obvious that FSUIPC did not crash or hang, and it didn't stop receiving SimConnect messages or that fact would be logged.  You only allowed it to run for 53 seconds after the line you mention, which was part of the initialisation, so i assume that FSX was waiting for some MP event.

What were you expecting to be logged in the 53 seconds?

Please use supported versions if you want further support.

Pete