The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Guide for CH Users

flyboy2002

• 8 months later...
I've written a guide for configuring the CH Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant with FSUIPC. If anyone has had trouble with these devices, this guide may help. Pete has been kind enough to make this guide available for download. You can find it here:

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/CH_ConFSUIPC.pdf

I hope you find it helpful.

John

Thank you John; this .pdf helped me resolve much confusion and I now have everything working the way I want it. :wink:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

flyboy 2002

I would like to set up Prothottle and Fightstick using your guide. I want those for F86 and TBM while I'll use yoke and throttlequardant for multiengine airplanes. The real problem is that in sectionf8's F86, I can't get the trottle to the off position in order to start the engine without overtemp in FS9. I would think it has to do with the raw numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have to toggle each time I want change views. Prior to using FSUIPC the hat SW ran smoothly around all axis. Is there trick out there to get the SW to perform smothly?

Unless you programmed the hat in FSUIPC there is absolutely no interference with its operation with or without FSUIPC installed. Merely installing FSUIPC changes nothing whatsoever.

If you want to assign the Hat in FSUIPC you have two choices: assign it as a set of 8 discrete buttons. This is how a lot of folks like it. Or, use the Axis assignment and assign it to "Pan view". This is the same as how the FS operation works.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Peter I cant thank you enough developing FSUIPC. AnD having Jon Cook develope a manual. For us novices using FSX and the products the help provided by both is tremendous. I would highly recommend John Cooks Cofiguringing Book especially the HAT SW Position. If I may make a suggestion if you could collerberate with John and produce a youtube video with a link in it to download the Configuration Guide It may help those who get a little confused. And a suggestion KEEP YOUR SETTINGS AIRCRAFT SPECIFIC!!!! with all your controls

And a suggestion KEEP YOUR SETTINGS AIRCRAFT SPECIFIC!!!! with all your controls

Actually the new Profile facilities are probably a much better option -- the management of aircraft specific options can get quite heavy and laborious. Most folks would only have a handful of setups of different types, and a Profile for each one works better than exact assigns for specific aircraft.

Pete

• 9 months later...

When assigning throttels on a Saitek Pro Yoke's throttlequadrant, i get this strange thing happening to me.

I disable the yoke compleatly from FS then ik work on the axis within FSUIPC to get thim working (like the Manual), then i calibrate them in the throttle area of the joystik calibration. And all goes fine. But after some time and no explaination one of the levers starts to jitter and cant be moved correctly anymore. Going back into FSUIPC there is no evidence or sign of it, the values are all correct and nice and smooth and FSUIPC sees all the axis and levers as it should.

Any idea where the glitch is coming from, is there an interferance from something else, is there sombody that has seen this before. ? There is ony ch pedels installed, but i calibrated the yoke/throttles with the CH Padels disconnected.

I have not installed Pete's latetest 25okt version but its the 16okt version.(FS9)

Any help would be nice

PS running Windows 7 64bit with FS2004

I disable the yoke compleatly from FS then ik work on the axis within FSUIPC to get thim working (like the Manual), then i calibrate them in the throttle area of the joystik calibration. And all goes fine. But after some time and no explaination one of the levers starts to jitter and cant be moved correctly anymore. Going back into FSUIPC there is no evidence or sign of it, the values are all correct and nice and smooth and FSUIPC sees all the axis and levers as it should.

Very strange. If FSUIPC sees then correctly but they change in FS then it does sound like some other device or program is interfering. Does this happen with default aircraft?

You say you disabled the yoke completely in FS, but what about other devices? If you haven't actually disabled joysticks completely (the option in the main menu), then try that. If it fixes it when either you still have something else also assigned to the throttles, or your disabling in FS isn't taking full effect.

Regards

Pete

Is there a way to set a hard disable in FS?

Just disabling the joysticks in the menu should stick, but that disables all of them. If you want to only disable one connected joystick the only sure way I know is to find out where it is defined in the "devices.cfg" (or maybe "devices2.cfg"), in the FS folder, and change the defaults there so they don't get assigned automatically.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
I added 737-200 in my fs2004 an its looking for fsuipc.dll for the panel to work. I have dowloaded the FUIPC installer from your web but needs a key. where a I purchase it.

You only need a key if you want to use the facilities FSUIPC provides. There's all the information you need, including where to purchase it, in the documentation which, as it states clearly in the Installation guide, is installed in your FS modules folder. There are also lots of Announcements at the top of this Forum which give you a load more information, and there were even pretty big and obvious links on the website you downloaded FSUIPC from direct to the sales booths.

Regards

Pete

• 3 months later...

Hi John,

I've written a guide for configuring the CH Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant with FSUIPC. If anyone has had trouble with these devices, this guide may help.

I have printed and read your document. Thank you very much for it. I am now trying to obtain the maximum benefit of it but I have a few questions after the first read:

1. In page 2, when assigning an axis to one of the levers of the ThQ, you write: There are five remaining levers on the ThQ and they are all assigned the same way as the first lever. My question is whether the other thrust levers will automatically be assigned to Joy# 2 and if then another drop-down Throttle2 will appear under the Throttle1, or that will be assigned somewhere else?

2. Sometimes I fly a Douglas DC-4 with four engines, four propellers and four "mixtures". However, the ThQ has only levers for a twin engine. Is there any way to apply the same settings (thrust, propeller and mixture) for all four engines using only those six levers?

3. I fly several twin-engine jets (PSS B757, A320) and four engine jets (PMDG B744 and Historic Jetliners Group DC85 and B463). Is there any way to configure the ThQ for a twin-egine and a four-engine without deeper detail? Is this a good solution or is it better to do the same procedure for each aircraft separatedly?

Likely more questions to come as soon as I work on your article.

Again, thanks in advance,

Lluís

• 2 weeks later...

""If you want to assign the Hat in FSUIPC you have two choices: assign it as a set of 8 discrete buttons. This is how a lot of folks like it. Or, use the Axis assignment and assign it to "Pan view". This is the same as how the FS operation works."" Quote

Which is the practical diference between both methods ?

Thanks

""If you want to assign the Hat in FSUIPC you have two choices: assign it as a set of 8 discrete buttons. This is how a lot of folks like it. Or, use the Axis assignment and assign it to "Pan view". This is the same as how the FS operation works."" Quote

Which is the practical diference between both methods ?s

The Pan view axis assignment is only available in FSUIPC4.

The Pan view assignment is a bit smoother. It is how FSX itself uses it.

The Pan view assignment is easier to program as it is only one assignment.

The 8-button assignmnent is better for 2D panel use, for selecting specific outside view directions, rather than panning.

Pete

• 1 month later...
Hi John,
I've written a guide for configuring the CH Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant with FSUIPC. If anyone has had trouble with these devices, this guide may help.

I have printed and read your document. Thank you very much for it. I am now trying to obtain the maximum benefit of it but I have a few questions after the first read:

1. In page 2, when assigning an axis to one of the levers of the ThQ, you write: There are five remaining levers on the ThQ and they are all assigned the same way as the first lever. My question is whether the other thrust levers will automatically be assigned to Joy# 2 and if then another drop-down Throttle2 will appear under the Throttle1, or that will be assigned somewhere else?

2. Sometimes I fly a Douglas DC-4 with four engines, four propellers and four "mixtures". However, the ThQ has only levers for a twin engine. Is there any way to apply the same settings (thrust, propeller and mixture) for all four engines using only those six levers?

3. I fly several twin-engine jets (PSS B757, A320) and four engine jets (PMDG B744 and Historic Jetliners Group DC85 and B463). Is there any way to configure the ThQ for a twin-egine and a four-engine without deeper detail? Is this a good solution or is it better to do the same procedure for each aircraft separatedly?

Likely more questions to come as soon as I work on your article.

Again, thanks in advance,

Lluís

I am no expert but I believe this will help

1- the TQ can be programmed any way you want. You can make 4 of the levers as separate Throttle 1 thru 4 but you will need to program each lever individually as you did for Throttle 1 by scanning each lever and then selecting the Throttle xx from the list for each one.

2-Yes- you can assign multiple throttles/prop/mixture to a single lever (one for each function) by including them in the box from the dropdown menu

3- I believe you would be best served by making them aircraft specific .

Hello!

I am using CH ECLIPSE YOKE but when I fly AIRBUS VOL 2 from WILCO ,the AUTOPILOT (Z command) doesnot hold when I take my hands off the yoke unless I keep pulling the yoke towards me.I have a registered version of FSUIPC.Is there any action within FSUIPC I should take to solve this problem?Thank you

Hello!

I am using CH ECLIPSE YOKE but when I fly AIRBUS VOL 2 from WILCO ,the AUTOPILOT (Z command) doesnot hold when I take my hands off the yoke unless I keep pulling the yoke towards me.I have a registered version of FSUIPC.Is there any action within FSUIPC I should take to solve this problem?Thank you

No.

Switching the autopilot on by itself does not necessarily enable altitude hold. You have to engage the modes you want on the autopilot too. Check FS help.