Must have Freeware Addons
Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:20 PM
Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:56 PM
Florida scenery, get it here,The Best.
Go to Avsim.com anything by Holger Sandmann. Columbia River Gorge is very good.
Vista Oz, Australia. I will get the link and edit.
Others will respond I'm sure. There are many, and I can't think of them all right now.
Oh!!!! EDDW.zip from Avsim, one of my other favorites, it's in Germany
Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:14 AM
In terms of other scenery, both Holger's Bella Coola and Doug Keech's Kitimat scenery are excellent are in the same parts of British Columbia, so you can fly between them.
In terms of aircraft, pretty much anything by Rick Piper, Milton Shupe, Dave Garwood are must-haves in my book.
Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:15 PM
It's a bit further north than the other two, but might convince you to spend some money on Tongass and Misty Fjords as well, once you've seen it!
Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:23 AM
the absolute "must have" scenery has already been mentioned with some exceptions , my favorite being the project canary one ( their website seems to be having some siritual issues but the downloads can be found at avsim ) .
let me add a few things though .
- lynn and bill lyons have created a masterpiece of a mod called "golden wings 3" . it basicaly transposes the whole flight sim into a period ranging from the 1920's to the 1940's . it can be istalled as a second FS9 installation and if you enjoy "old school flying" , it is definitely a great first step . one of my favorite add-ons of all time , and now free :
- all other packages by bill and lynn lyons are also top notch .
- check out any plane where milton shupe has cooperated :
and a magnificient A26 invader only available here :
- any plane by tim conrad ( AKA piglet ) , also on sim-outhouse.com . his OV-10 bronco , his fieseler storch, AA5 tiger and MI24 hind are among the most popular ones , but all are worth checking out .
- wozza ( warwick carter ) does also incredible planes , especialy his P51mustang ( an absolute beauty , available only here : http://www.gjsmith.net , a site created by garry j smith , who does beautifull repaints )
- ito san ( AKA kazunori ito ) does beautifull modeling of planes but with very basic ( or sometimes no ) 2D cockpit/virtual cockpit . same goes for mike stone's airplanes . no big deal when you see the quality and ORIGINALITY ( tired of the same airbus/boeing things all the time ) of the planes .
- project mach 2 is a magnificient ( but an absolute pain in the A.. to instal and setup right ) concorde . this site , as well as the rest of the FS france site is all in french :
- FSfrance team also does plenty of beautifull scenery ( an incredible rendition of charles de gaule airport : http://www.projets.f...CDG/RealCDG.php ) and planes for FS ( all very nice but absolutely no VC )
- iris simulations has a nice freeware selection with F22raptor , A7 corsair among others ( cannot find the link right now though )
- look for alpha bleu ciel also ( a french team that made a magnificient F4 corsair , which i find better than aeroplane heaven's payware corsair package , and a superb F8 bearcat )
- if you like the heavies like airbus , boeing, look for IFDG ( http://www.avsim.com/projectairbus/ )
- focker F28 , F70 and F100 by project focker ( http://fokker.avsim.net/ )
well there are sooooooooooooo many other quality planes/sceneries/utilities ( and i apologize for all those i didn't mention )available for free that it actualy is also a lot of fun in itself to look on the sites and forums for what might interest you , for it is also mostly a matter of interests . depending on what you may want , the list i gave you may not be of full interest to tou . otherwise , it should give you a nice head start and kepp you busy for a little while .
either way , hope this helps .
Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:05 PM
Dell T3400 Duo Core 3.33 1333 FSB
Windows 7 SP1
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 w/1gig Memory
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users