#22 KennyG

KennyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:09 PM

Hi All

Tks. for all your comments on my problem with trying to install the upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 which resulted in a scenery problem not allowing me to open FSX.
I am going to uninstall FSX and after, reinstall MyTraffic.
I was fortunate I paid the extra $3.00 to provide me with a link until Jan. 2008.
When I download MyTraffic will it be the latest edition 5.1 or will I have to apply the update from 5.0 to 5.1.

Tks. for any comments.

Kenny G.

#23 baksteen33

baksteen33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • LocationIn the mountains

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:34 AM

Hi Kenny, it depends on the version you have. If memory isn't failing, you had a Simmarket version and downloaded the new v.5.1 installer which is ca 400MB for 5 Euro. Correct?

In this case you only need to execute the new file, it's a completely new installer. No intermediate steps are required. Please remember to not interrupt the installation process, specially during the creation of the traffic.bgls. ;-) Depending on your system this may take a little while.

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

#24 KennyG

KennyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:16 AM

Hi Kenny, it depends on the version you have. If memory isn't failing, you had a Simmarket version and downloaded the new v.5.1 installer which is ca 400MB for 5 Euro. Correct?

In this case you only need to execute the new file, it's a completely new installer. No intermediate steps are required. Please remember to not interrupt the installation process, specially during the creation of the traffic.bgls. ;-) Depending on your system this may take a little while.

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

Hi Jaap
Just so I have this correct, I just execute the 5.1 installer which I purchased to convert 5.0 to 5.1 which caused my problems LOL.
Tks. for your comments.

Kenny G.

#25 baksteen33

baksteen33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:31 PM

Hi Kenny, frankly, I wouldn't dare confirm without exactly knowing which 'exe' you have. So, pls tell us which one you've got - exact filename and size - and we'll confirm.

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

#26 KennyG

KennyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:44 PM

Hi Kenny, frankly, I wouldn't dare confirm without exactly knowing which 'exe' you have. So, pls tell us which one you've got - exact filename and size - and we'll confirm.

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

Hi Jaap
Just checked my account at Sim Flight I have the incremental MTX Version 5.1 which started this thread LOL.

I also have a link to MTX Version 5.0 until Jan.08. which was link I purchased for FSX last year.
Hope this helps.
Have a safe day.

Kenny G.

#27 baksteen33

baksteen33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:29 PM

Hi Kenny, please tell us the which file you have. We 'only' have an incremental update/crossgrade for the Aerosoft DVD version (@ ca 15 Euros). The Simmarket 'update' (@ 5 euro) is a new installer containing everything, ca 400MB in size.

We'll need to identify the file you have before I can confirm anything.

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

#28 KennyG

KennyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:40 PM

Hi Kenny, please tell us the which file you have. We 'only' have an incremental update/crossgrade for the Aerosoft DVD version (@ ca 15 Euros). The Simmarket 'update' (@ 5 euro) is a new installer containing everything, ca 400MB in size.

We'll need to identify the file you have before I can confirm anything.

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

Hi Again Jaap.

I purchased the Incremental update 5.0 to MTX 5.1 full install on Thurs. 02Aug.07 frim SimMarket for 12Eur.
It was when I attempted to use the incremental installer to upgrade MTX from 5.0 to 5.1 with the installer that I lost my scenery files.

I just found another Sticky Thread: Updating from MTX5.0 to MTX 5.1.
If you look for Rpflyer post dated 14July07 you will see that Rpflyer appears to have had exactly the same problem as I have had, except he had a backup of his FSX which I didn't.
He ran into this problem when he attempted to use the installer to update to 5.1.

He lost his scenery files which appeared to happen to me.:(

FYI I am using Vista Ultimate duo Core.
Kenny G.

#29 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,232 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

Hm, sorry to read this. The description of this sincremental update clearly states:

THIS INCREMENTAL UPDATE IS INTENDED FOR ALL BOXED VERSIONS OF MYTRAFFIC X !

To my knowledge,you are not updating from a boxed version, or do you? Nevertheless I see no way how a routine that runs inside the MyTraffic folder could affect anything outside (unless there is a file system bug ). If you had told us these important basics beforehand we could have helped quicker. I will contact you via a PM.

#30 baksteen33

baksteen33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:32 PM

Hi Kenny, the installation processes are pretty much the same under XP and Vista. The greatest difference is the location of your fsx.cfg

Usually, C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

FSX changes files in a number of OS profiles. So, despite being able to change the Scenery Library on the fly, IMHO, it's still recommended to reboot FSX after major changes. Consequently, perhaps consider closing down and restarting FSX after adding MyTraffic X to the Scenery Library?

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

#31 KennyG

KennyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:49 AM

Hi Kenny, the installation processes are pretty much the same under XP and Vista. The greatest difference is the location of your fsx.cfg

Usually, C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

FSX changes files in a number of OS profiles. So, despite being able to change the Scenery Library on the fly, IMHO, it's still recommended to reboot FSX after major changes. Consequently, perhaps consider closing down and restarting FSX after adding MyTraffic X to the Scenery Library?

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

Hi Jaap

Sorry to keep bothering you but I believe I may have tried to install the wrong program.
Looking at the SimMarket page I see that I likely should have purchased the MTX 5.1 for 5 Euro.
Maybe this will make it a little easier, if I purchase MTX 5.1 for 5 Euro do I just install it over my new installation of FSX after I delete my current FSX.

Tks. again for your patience.

Kenny G.

#32 baksteen33

baksteen33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

Hi Kenny, no worries, that's what we're here for. :-)

Indeed, 99.9% you got the wrong 'exe'. Burkhard will send or already has sent you a PM. Things should be sorted quickly now. Please stand by.

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

#33 KennyG

KennyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

Hi Kenny, no worries, that's what we're here for. :-)

Indeed, 99.9% you got the wrong 'exe'. Burkhard will send or already has sent you a PM. Things should be sorted quickly now. Please stand by.

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

Hi Jaap

Tks. again for the support.
I did get Burkhard.s PM, and file tks.

Just one last question:
Before I execute the file I must reinstall FSX SP1 before executing the file this file won't correct the lost scenery files which I caused.
Take care Jaap

Kenny G.

#34 baksteen33

baksteen33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:55 PM

Hi Kenny, best probably is:

- Install FSX
- Install FSX SP1
- Install MyTraffic X using the installer Burkhard sent you

At a certain point I would recommend making a backup of the entire FSX directory. Just in case you run into missing files again.

Note: Instead of uninstalling FSX, you could also opt to repair it. In this case uninstall SP1 first and then run FSX's repair function. Afterwards you continue by re-installing FSX SP1, followed by MTXv.5.1, etc.

Hope this answers your question, kind regards

Jaap

#35 KennyG

KennyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

Hi Kenny, best probably is:

- Install FSX
- Install FSX SP1
- Install MyTraffic X using the installer Burkhard sent you

At a certain point I would recommend making a backup of the entire FSX directory. Just in case you run into missing files again.

Note: Instead of uninstalling FSX, you could also opt to repair it. In this case uninstall SP1 first and then run FSX's repair function. Afterwards you continue by re-installing FSX SP1, followed by MTXv.5.1, etc.

Hope this answers your question, kind regards

Tks. Jaap

I will try the latter first before unstalling FSX.

Will let you know how I make out.

Tks. again.

Kenny G.

Jaap

#36 KennyG

KennyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:00 PM

Hi All:

First I would like to thank everyone who bared with me while I tried to get information on how to get FSX to work after I corrupted the Scenery File.

Tks. to a puter literate friend I am now back up and running after doing a complete reinstall of FSX Sp1 and MTX 5.1.:)
I have all the AI aircraft as advertised, but the only thing I am missing is the Traffic Toolbox in the FSX menu.:(

Any assistance appreciated.

Have a safe one.

Kenny G.

#37 baksteen33

baksteen33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:29 PM

Hi Kenny, glad you - finally! - got it working. :-) Thanks for the feedback.

Well, I'm also in constant combat with the dll.xml - it has a mind of its own sometimes. :-) The easiest probably is to install the FSX SDKs (incl the latest update) and then edit the dll.xml as follows: Under the SDK\TrafficToolBox entry, change Disabled>TrueFalse<.

In case, please make a backup of the existing dll.xml before going ahead.

Alternatively you could zip the dll.xml and attach or copy & paste it right here.

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

#38 KennyG

KennyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:48 AM

Hi Kenny, glad you - finally! - got it working. :-) Thanks for the feedback.

Well, I'm also in constant combat with the dll.xml - it has a mind of its own sometimes. :-) The easiest probably is to install the FSX SDKs (incl the latest update) and then edit the dll.xml as follows: Under the SDK\TrafficToolBox entry, change Disabled>TrueFalse<.

In case, please make a backup of the existing dll.xml before going ahead.

Alternatively you could zip the dll.xml and attach or copy & paste it right here.

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

Good Morning Jaap

I believe the dll.xml file is in MyTraffic Folder.
Should this file be copied into my FSX.CFG directory.

Tks. for any comments.

Kenny G.

#39 baksteen33

baksteen33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Hi Kenny, if there isn't one there already, that would be the easiest solution.

If you added other addons like FSUIPC, it's likely there's one already there, be careful. Make a backup of the dll.xml in your OS profile before going ahead.

Can you see all the files in your OS profile? Have you unhidden them?

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

#40 KennyG

KennyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:34 PM

Hi Jaap

I screwed up again, I tried replacing the Traffic Toolbox dll and I no longer can see the add on menu for FSUIPC.
Hopefully I have sent you both the Traffic DLL and the XML dll.

Sorry for the inconvience.

Kenny G.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket