The simFlight Network Forums

Help with FSUIPC4 code signature problem

Pete Dowson

Some folks, especially those with non-English versions of Windows (XP or Vista), are getting this problem with FSX + FSUIPC4:

Thanks to a blog by Lefteris Kalamaras begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting ( http://lkalamaras.blogspot.com/2007/06/-good.html ), pointed out by "jammi" in our Forum, this should be quite easily rectified, though it does require Registry editing, so take care.

Run REGEDIT (you'll probably have to run it "as administrator" on Vista) and search for the following path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing

Then change the value from 0x63c00 (or whatever it has become) to 0x23c00, which I believe is its default (working) value.

If none of the above helps, another cause of similar problems has been identified, also in the Registry. Try deleting the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\TrustedPublisher\Safer

Regards,

Pete Dowson

post-1817-128689597173_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have a similar problem but the given solution does not work.

The system errors me with the notification:

"Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. Please check that I am not listed as an "untrusted publisher" in Internet Explorer (Internet options-Publishers)."

I tried the reset on security as suggested, did not work. I tried to add all different signatures from the software to entrusted publishers in the security section, did not work.

I run Windows Vista Ultimate and have FSX with SP1 and accelleration package installed. I purchased FSUIPC and wideFS today at simmarket.

Can you solve this mistery?

I tried the reset on security as suggested, did not work. I tried to add all different signatures from the software to entrusted publishers in the security section, did not work.

I don't think messing with that area will help and is likely to cause more harm than good.

I run Windows Vista Ultimate and have FSX with SP1 and accelleration package installed. I purchased FSUIPC and wideFS today at simmarket.

You surely didn't purchase them before making sure that FSUIPC was working on your system?

Can you solve this mistery?

I don't know. Does the signature check out on the DLL (right-click and check it via Properties)?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I'm new here and have a problem with FSUIPC! I read another topics, but I can't solve my problem :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maybe someone can help me?

I have russian Vista 32bit and FSX SP1. My Problem is, there are no version of FSUIPC that works on my PC correctly! At the screenshot you can see my Problems:

NUMBER 1 is the instalation

NUMBER 2 running FSUIPC after incorrect install

NUMBER 3 REGEDIT

-In REGEDIT it was always number 23. I didn't change it. So I think this is not the solution for my problem.

-Also in IE the signature is not in untrusted. This is just under "another users"

-Right klick FSUIPC.DLL - the signature is OK

Can someone help me??? The same Problem was with the last version of FSUIPC :cry:

The version 3.8 installs normally, but the same situation by the running FSUIPC(NUMBER 2).

post-27679-128689613716_thumb.jpg

Can someone help me??? The same Problem was with the last version of FSUIPC :cry:

Looks like the version of Vista you ave doesn't include the GlobalSign Root -- have you tried running the Globalsign root fix as provided with FSUIPC3 and mentioned in one of the pictures you posted?

Seems that Microsoft have omitted some essential parts when building some non-English versions of Vista. This is the second such. I am changing the FSUIPC4 installer to automatically run the fix, but it is already supplierd and documented for FSUIPC3.

Regards

Pete

I installed one more the 3.8 version. And after that installed GlobalSign Root. Now the problem is, I do not see FSUIPC in FS. So I can't run it.

After that I tried to install one more FSUIPC 4.6 but nothing changes. The same problem(NUMBER 1 and 2). :cry:

I also tried to install the 4.6 version from Windows SafeMode(F8), in case the problem is administrator rights or Norton Antivirus, but the problem is still there. :x

I installed one more the 3.8 version. And after that installed GlobalSign Root. Now the problem is, I do not see FSUIPC in FS. So I can't run it.

After that I tried to install one more FSUIPC 4.6 but nothing changes.

What version of FS are you using? Versions 3.8 and 4.6 are not interchangeable, they are for different FS versions. 3.8 will NOT work in FSX, so of course you will not see it?

And you don't "run" FSUIPC -- FS runs FSUIPC. In FS2004 and before, with FSUIPC3, it only has to be in the Modules folder, and it runs. You cannot stop it from doing so!

Pete

I understand. I'm speaking about FSX, not about FS2004. So, what I have to do? I installed globalsign as you sad.

For FSX only FSUIPC4 will work, and that has to be installed.

To save more messing about, I'll build version 4.262 with my latest Installer and get back to you later today ...

Pete

To save more messing about, I'll build version 4.262 with my latest Installer and get back to you later today ...

Okay. It is actually 4.264. Download a complete new Istaller from this link:

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Instal4_4264.zip

then put the contents, the installer, into a work folder and run it.

If you still get the problem, please show me the complete Install log, which should be in your FSX Modules folder.

Regards

Pete

Good evening! At first thx for helping! But the problem is still there.... :x

I did all as you sad. I downloaded and installed it. The installation of 4.264 version was a little bit longer than by 4.6. I mean the error comes at the end of installation. At the FSX this is also the same situation:"The FSUIPC.DLL code signature does not ...."

I did one more screenshot of installation(NUMBER 1),of your signature by dll(NUMBER 2) and of ie trusted publisher(NUMBER 3).

Here is the install log:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.264

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Игры\Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.60905.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Игры\Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.264 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Игры\Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Dimitri\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\Dimitri\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Application Data\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Contacts\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Cookies\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Desktop\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Documents\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Downloads\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Favorites\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Links\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Local Settings\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Music\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\NetHood\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\P4P\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Phone Browser\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Pictures\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\PrintHood\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Recent\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Saved Games\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Searches\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\SendTo\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Videos\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Главное меню\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Мои документы\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Студия\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Фотографии\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Dimitri\Шаблоны\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL signature failed: trying GlobalSign Root fix ...

Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. (Error ref 80092003)

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix programno longer relevant

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration offers were declined

*************** End of Install Log ***************

post-27679-12868961393_thumb.jpg

At first thx for helping! But the problem is still there...

I'm sorry, then, I cannot help further. We've exhausted all the possibilities. Please report this to Microsoft tech support and see if they can solve it. I think your Windows installation must be corrupted in some way. Tell them the error number which the signature checking is reporting -- 80092003.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

microsoft tech support is to expensive for me (145$), so I find some information about the error at myself:

80092003 CRYPT_E_FILE_ERROR Error while reading or writing to the file

Is this information in some kind usefull for you???

I will also try to run this http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-in-vista/ programm. Maybe it will help.

You say my version is in some way corrupted, but I don't think so... I have an ASUS Laptop with original Windows Vista(recovery cd).

microsoft tech support is to expensive for me (145$), so I find some information about the error at myself:

80092003 CRYPT_E_FILE_ERROR Error while reading or writing to the file

Is this information in some kind usefull for you???

Well, yes, possibly. Where did you find it?

I am wondering if the version of the signature checking routines I am calling upon doesn't like the Cyrillic characters in the filepath:

"C:\Игры\Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Obviously all of the other routines I am using are quite happy with the Cyrillic, otherwise the files would not be created in the first place. I'll look to see if there are other Windows APIs which I can use for the code-signing checks, but this does suggest that an alternative may be to install FS into another folder, wityh no Cyrillic characters. I always use something simple like C:\FSX.

Regards

Pete

Ok, I will deinstall FSX and then install it like you sad to C:\Program Files\FSX

With Vista I'd avoid "Program Files" if I were you. Vista protects it against programs writing data, so makes life difficult for non-Vista aware add-ons which then forces you to always run everything with the "RunAs Administrator" special privilege.

Best to keep it simple -- C:\FSX.

Regards

Pete

You was right Pete! I just change the name of folder from "Игры" to "Games", installs FSUIPC4.26 and restart PC(I do not deinstall the FSX). After that no errors by the installation and everything now works perfect.

Good. but it is a bit worrying for me. The codesigning check in Windows uses "wide character" format -- 2 bytes per character instead of 1. But all the folder / filename routines use multi-byte characters -- that is single characters for standard English/ASCII characters but 2 or more for other character sets like Cyrillic.

Before I call the codesign checker I have to use a library routine "mbstowcs" to convert multi-byte to wide character format. It seems this is going wrong. I've looked at my code and that looks fine, so I'm wondering now if there's a bug in the C++ library, at least for Cyrillic multi-byte.

I'll do some checking into this, as it may occur again with other users. Glad you are okay now, though.

[LATER]

I can't find any reports of any problems with the library routines I'm using. I am wondering if it has to do with "locale" settings. The multibyte encoding, or "Unicode", has different "code pages" for different character sets, and the "locale" set on the PC selects the code page to be used when Unicode is selected.

Is it possible that you have a different User locale set, not the one normally used for Cyrillic? (Sorry, I can't, at present, explain any moreI am floundering a little in an area I know nothing about).

Regards

Pete

• 2 months later...

i have the described code signature probleme from time to time

I don't know how it can be "from time to time"! Either it checks or it doesn't. A DLL doesn't alter itself back and forth -- perhaps you have some sort of intermittent hardware problem, like dodgy memory?

but my value in the registry is 23c00...

I´m running FSX and german vista 32.

Sorry, I really know nothing about that valueI just quoted some help from elsewhere, from Lefteris of PMDG I think.

You may need Microsoft support if it isn't a hardware fault.

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pete,

believe it or not, but I also get the signature problem "from time to time". Means of ten starts of FSX there are two or three where FSUIPC wouldn't get the signature.

I have no explanation and checked the ram many times without a problem.

I run Vista 64 Bit, German with downloaded English language pack.

Currently I live with this, but I hope for a FSUIPC version without the signature. If the signature is only for verify that it is virus free, it is not necessary for me.

Just my 2 cents

Hi Pete,

believe it or not, but I also get the signature problem "from time to time". Means of ten starts of FSX there are two or three where FSUIPC wouldn't get the signature.

This is a definite indication of a problem in your hardware, or possibly in your software (Windows). There is no way a security hash (basically a sumcheck) should ever change from one load to the other UNLESS the bits are changing in the file (so a bad disk read or memory error), or something similar is happening to the software which is checking it (part of Windows).

I would suspect your memory first and foremost. With virtually no systems RAM having parity checking these days, failing memory values can cause all sorts of symptoms. And it may be a heat senstivie issue.

Currently I live with this, but I hope for a FSUIPC version without the signature. If the signature is only for verify that it is virus free, it is not necessary for me.

Not just virus-free, but tamper-free and not corrupted by bad disk or memory loading. There will never be a version without it. I advise you to get your PC fixed.

Regards

Pete

• 2 months later...
Same error here:

untrusted publisher or so. Can't find such in IE settings.

The IE publisher lists are in the Tools - Internet Options menu. In IE6 it is in the "Content" tab, press the "Publishers" button. You then get untrusted and trusted lists and you can remove from them. IE7 will be similar, though probably not quite the same.

What shall I do on Vista64/FSX SP2 with DX9 settings.

Sorry? DX9 settings? As you wish I assume, or I don't understand the question.

Regards

Pete