The simFlight Network Forums
signalRunner

You have got to be kidding me

Hello,

I just purchaced FScene for Australia/New Zealand.

See screenshot one below: Basically the whole of NZ forest and bush areas looks like this.

Screenshot two: Much of the 'desert' texture problem has not been solved either. The second screenshot is of the canterbury plains in winter. This should be entirely green agricultural pastures.

FScene are in clear violation of the fair trading act in saying that their product provides a texture 'enhancments' to FSX by supplying much lower resolution textures with less variety than the default scenery.

I would like to know:

1)Whether anyone actually bothered to test this product before releasing -and by testing I mean simply to run FSX and go somewhere - ANYWHERE - in New Zealand and look out the windscreen.

2)When a patch is coming, or failing that, how I can get my money back

Thanks for your help,

SignalRunner

post-27801-128689616848_thumb.jpg

post-27801-128689616864_thumb.jpg

I'd like to know if there area alternate bush/forest textures I can install to at least fix the first problem. Ruud can you email me some alternate bush/forest textures. PLEASE! My FSX Installation has been totally shagged by this product, and you charged me money for it!

Thanks for your help,

SignalRunner

you're kidding yourself.

Your bush textures clearly show an extremely low resolution, which indicates that your system isn't rendering the textures as well as you'd like.

That's got nothing to do with the textures and everything with your computer.

The second too has nothing to do with the textures and is a well published deficiency in the landclass mapping of FSX. No amount of new textures is going to solve that.

P.S. with a hostile attitude like yours don't expect a lot of help.

I'm not being 'hostile' , I'm just looking for some product support.

I wish it was just my system not rendering the textures, but it's not (E6850 @ 3GHz, 3GHz RAM, GeForce 8800 GT etc.) What you're seeing are not the 'blurries' - that is the fully rendered texture, and it only seems to be the green forest/bush textures that are like this.

Again, I'm appealing for some support with this product before I take further action.

it is your system, not the product.

I run a lower spec system than you and get far better results.

That's near Munich, using an E4500 with a GF7600 videocard.

And that Eaglesoft SR22 is a hog which tends to cause degraded video performance at times, yet I get a steady 20fps there.

What you're experiencing isn't blurries, it's FS showing lower MIPs in order to be able to render something.

Most likely you've got way too high expectations of what your system can do.

post-45-128689617371_thumb.jpg

And to replicate what you're seeing, here are 3 screenshots taken with different scenery texture resolutions (as set in the FSX display options).

post-45-128689617658_thumb.jpg

post-45-128689617674_thumb.jpg

post-45-12868961769_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the examples - and I understand fully what saying, and I do understand how FSX works in this area (at least at a basic level). I still pretty adament that my screenshot is of the fully rendered texture provided with the product with scenery detail set 1m.

In any event, you've kind of proven my point with your first screenshot anyway - thats looks far worse than the default textures provided with FSX imo. I guess you win some and loose some when it comes to flight sim add-ons. Thankfully I backed up the 4gigs of default textures so I can overwrite this virus =D

what looks better or worse is a matter of taste.

That's why there's a demo available, as well as numerous screenshots to make up your mind before you buy.

Hi all,

please read this news-release too:

==================================

FScene4X first patch Australia/Nw-zealand released.

Pleasant news for FSX users of FScene's replacement ground textures for Australia and New-Zealand.

Ruud faber, the designer of this well-known addon for microsoft's Flightsimulator X informed us

that some textures of the FScene4X pack for this part of the world had to be improved.

As of now all users can download the free patch from the FScene website or

direct using this link (5Mb):

Also those who recently bought the TotalPack as download or in the new CD-box

are requested to install the patch.

Users of FScene for Flight Simulator 2004/FS9 should not install this patch.