#1 jnicholas

jnicholas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:54 AM

Hi All

This is my first post on this forum.

What i am looking for is a program that acts as a co-pilot in FSX. What i would like to be able to do is say "Gear down" and the program put the gear down and then respond "Confirming gear down" or something like that.

What programs out there would you recommend?

This would be much appreciated as i use this as a training aid and sometimes it gets a bit much doing everything.

Thanks for your help

Regards
jnicholas

#2 Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas

Former Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:26 AM

There is ONLY ONE program that does it all (and a few 'wanna-be's' trying to compete) : It's Your Plane by Robert Cezar.

Available here ( free trial too) : www.itsyourplane.com

Dedicated support forum on our FSAddon.com forum pages: http://forums.fsaddon.eu/index.php

Have fun!

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides
... and the man's Blog

#3 jnicholas

jnicholas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:33 AM

Thanks

Does that $35 include all the planes the the list of the FSX planes on the site?

i.e not the actual aircraft but support for them?

what is the differences between the 3 different priced editions?

it looks like a really good program do you have it? thanks for the link

regards
jnicholas

#4 Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas

Former Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

Yes, the price includes all you see. The 3 different prices are for two 'limited' versions and a full version (I'd recommend to get the latter).

I also recommend to TRY it first.... you may need some help from the author via the support forum.

And yes, I have it, was part of the beta and helped publish it before Robert took his to his own website. I am biased of course, but I also am in this business for over 30 years and know just about everything there is around. This one can't be beat, provided you sink your teeth into it ! :)

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides
... and the man's Blog

#5 conao

conao

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationLund/Sweden

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

Well, I'm not biased in anyway towards IYP (It's Your Plane). Just got it a month ago (full edition) and I can only say: It's great!!! A "must have", no doubts! And the support from Robert is the best and quickest you can get!

Regards,

Marconi

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO MoBo
Sandbridge i7-2600K OC @ 4.5GHz
GeForce GTX580 1.5GB
16GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 2000MHz CL9
OCZ Agility SSD 360GB (OS + FSX)
Samsung LCDs 24" @ 1920x1200 + 19" @ 1280x1024
Windows 7 64bits
FSX + SP1 + SP2
MyTrafficX + REX + ASN + UTX + GEX + FSGlobal + GSX
Saitek Yoke+TQ+Pedals+SwitchPanel and VRi MCP+CDU2

#6 funatix

funatix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:31 AM

FDC live cockpit :)

#7 Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas

Former Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:30 PM

FDC live cockpit :)

Sorry, nowhere near the same league :lol: :wink:

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides
... and the man's Blog

#8 robinbillf

robinbillf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:19 AM

Hi
not sure if this is the right area......I have FSX....with all the service packs..running on WINXP (runs fine)...I was using Flight Deck Companion (FDC)....with no problems..had to reload FDC and did all the updates along with FSIPIC4. When i set up FDC as usual... I start FSX....I originally lost the ADD ON menu on the top right, got that back, but then I do the ADD ON click on FDC...it says it initializes...and it should start off with stewardess voice etc at the gate....I get nothing...dont know if something is shut off somewhere...all the boxes are checked in FDC for automatic announcements etc...don;t know if SIMCONNECT is actually connected or not.... any assistance from anyone appreciated...miss flying with the FDC callouts.. thanks in advance.

#9 Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas

Former Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

Either get Its Your Plane or ask the question in an FDC support forum. I can't help you with the latter I'm afraid.... :oops:

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides
... and the man's Blog

#10 Benoit

Benoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

Though IYP is a sure shot and possibly the better engine in its kind, there has also a new Check List Manager program from Jan 2009. Looks interesting but only few payware aircrafts are supported, not the default ones.

http://secure.simmar...manager-x.phtml

Ben.

Sig_4.jpg

#11 Skinny Puppy

Skinny Puppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

Though IYP is a sure shot and possibly the better engine in its kind, there has also a new Check List Manager program from Jan 2009. Looks interesting but only few payware aircrafts are supported, not the default ones.

http://secure.simmar...manager-x.phtml

Ben.

It looks okay Ben, but it’s not really close to IYP in functionality.

IYP is a voice-controlled application that will literally fly the AC for you from start to finish (if you want it to, but that’s optional, and you can use IYP as a co-pilot if you’d like to share the cockpit duties). In fact, it’s now possible for people of limited sight (or even blind) to use it. As far as I know, that’s never been done before, and prior to IYP, it would have been considered an impossible task.

http://simflight.com...-and-s-use-iyp/

IYP will even show a newbie how to fly the aircraft and which switches (are where they are located) to push. It’s really in a league of its own and I don’t know of any other program that will do as much as it does.

Puppy
Skinny Puppy :P
EFC_750

If you’re an atheist, would you belong to a non-prophet organization?

Should Chopin's Minute Waltz be used as an egg timer?

Dyslexics of the world untie!

Dyslexics are teople poo.

#12 dragonbuster1964

dragonbuster1964

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:54 AM

Well there is also this one.

http://secure.simmar...ited-ence.phtml

I particularly like the very realistic auto-pilot dialing. I downloaded and installed the free demo, and it works well, only thing i am not sure is support for PMDG aircraft.

#13 Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas

Former Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:39 AM

Well, coming back to your first question; there are quite a few programs these days that 'speak to you', read checklists, even check them, make cockpit noises, even passengers sounds, have you hear passenger attendant voices and so on. But if you are looking for a really complete, voice-actuated, talking, checklist-reading INTERACTIVE co-pilot (and the latter is the operative word here) then IYP really is the only complete option.

All the others are either performing only part of it, or perform 'cosmetic' things such as (repetitive) cockpit and/or passenger background noises (something that IYP doesn't do). None of them let you fly the plane BY your co-pilot with you commanding her/his actions... hands-off as it were, which is the maximum that IYP can do for you. And just about anything else from there to having you in fullcommand with the co-pilot just gazing out of the side window :lol:

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides
... and the man's Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket