The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC - Traffic Zapper does not work!?

Hello,

yesterday i purchased FSUIPC, the full version. everything works fine except Traffic zapper. First it worked but now it does not work anymore. I tried to give Traffic Zapper a new hotkey but it still dos not work. I pay attention to the requirements to zap traffic (distance to aircraft, heading a.s.o) but it does not work anymore.

All other hotkey functions do work.

I would be very happy for any help

Many Thanks

yesterday i purchased FSUIPC, the full version. everything works fine except Traffic zapper. First it worked but now it does not work anymore.

So, what has changed? The software itself won't have changed. Are you sure you aren't trying to Zap static aircraft? That won't work -- they are really part of the scenery. Nor, in FS9, will it work on MP aircraft.

Regards

Pete

no, I did not ry it with static planes. I tried to zap ai planes on ground and in the air as well but without success.

What version of FS and FSUIPC are you using?

What has changed on your system since it worked?

The facility uses exactly the same entry into FS as the Microsoft TrafficToolBox add-on uses if you elect to delete aircraft that way, so you could check if that is still working. Possibly your FS installation is corruptedbut without knowing what you've changed since it worked it is really impossible to hazard a guess.

Regards

Pete

Hi,

now it is working again, after trying to give Traffic zapper new keys. It took 5 different keys to make it work. Why? I do not know but the most important thing is that it is working nowat least now ;-)

Installation went fine, I made no changes in FS since istallation. Traffic zapper is the only change.

But as I said, it is working now and I hope so it will in te future :-)

Best regards

now it is working again, after trying to give Traffic zapper new keys. It took 5 different keys to make it work. Why? I do not know but the most important thing is that it is working nowat least now ;-)

I don't fulloy understand what you mean by "giving it keys". The Zapper is an added FSUIPC control, assignable to keypress combinations or joystick buttons. If you are assigning key combinations which are already taken by higher-priority applications, (like, for instance, the Hot Keys in the hot keys tab in FSUIPC, or by other applications ahead in the keyboard queue), then although they may well be seen in the dialogue mode (because Windows directs them differently when in a modal dialogue window), they will be trapped into doing whatever action they are previously assigned for.

If you don't think this could be the case, perhaps you could tell me what keypress combinations, exactly, you tried which didn't work? Possibly they included the ALT key? Unfortunately that usually invokes the menu so doesn't get passed correctly. I do warn of this in the documentation. Invoking the menu can be useful so it isn't prohibited.

The FSUIPC controls provided aren't aware of how they are invoked, so the Zapper is completely and utterly independent of what keypress or button you assigned for it. If you were using keys with prior claims or other reasons for not working then this would apply to anything you assigned to them, not just the Zapper.

Regards

Pete