The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with FSUIPC 4.30 and TrackIR standard keys

Hi Pete,

after installing FSUIPC 4.30 the TrackIR standard keys (F9 for start/stop and F12 for re-center) don't work any more. Instead I get the standard FSX keys - e.g. satellite view when pressing F12.

FSUIPC has been loaded succesfully (menu "Add on" is visible). The TRackIR standard keys work fine outside FSX - e.g. within the TRackIR control panel.

What can I do?

My configuration is:

FSX Acceleration Pack (= FSX SP2) with Simflight Commander 8.3 installed

FSUIPC 4.30 (instead of the older FSUIPC that shipped with the aerosoft version of Simflight Commander)

Windows VISTA 32bit

Norton Internet Security 2008 (FSUIPC.dll added to list of permitted applications)

Geforce 8800 GTX (driver 175.19 - most current version)

TRackIR 4 (driver 4.1 Build 35 - most current version)

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

jetsimace

after installing FSUIPC 4.30 the TrackIR standard keys (F9 for start/stop and F12 for re-center) don't work any more. Instead I get the standard FSX keys

FSUIPC doesn't even touch the keyboard input unless you program them in FSUIPC. You must have something else going on there. I'm using TrackIR with FSUIPC 4.30 and it works fine. I was merely a bit peeved that something in the way TrackIR reads its keys stops me programming them on a Button instead, as my keyboard is usually rather out of reach, and the "re-centre" key seems to be needed quite frequently when it appears to lose its orientation. Not nice on approach! ;-)

Regards

Pete

after installing FSUIPC 4.30 the TrackIR standard keys (F9 for start/stop and F12 for re-center) don't work any more. Instead I get the standard FSX keys

FSUIPC doesn't even touch the keyboard input unless you program them in FSUIPC. You must have something else going on there. I'm using TrackIR with FSUIPC 4.30 and it works fine. I was merely a bit peeved that something in the way TrackIR reads its keys stops me programming them on a Button instead, as my keyboard is usually rather out of reach, and the "re-centre" key seems to be needed quite frequently when it appears to lose its orientation. Not nice on approach! ;-)

Regards

Pete

You can change the key that you use to recenter to anything you like (within the TrackIR profiles). I usually change them to a joystick button, so I don't have to use the f12 key for centering

You can change the key that you use to recenter to anything you like (within the TrackIR profiles). I usually change them to a joystick button, so I don't have to use the f12 key for centering

Oh, I didn't realise you could change them to a joystick button! That is excellent news. Thanks!

Pete