The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flying-w

Reviews

Hi Simon,

I believe this is only the beginning of reviews showing the quality and dedication you have put into this product.

For the record I also give it 5 stars!!!

Here's an excellent commercial review:

Summary:

"Super Traffic Board can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. If you just want to watch your traffic come and go and let the program sort out problems, so be it, it will do that for you. But on the other hand, if you want to fully control the advanced features of the program and fiddle with your traffic, the program will suit this trait as well."

"There are two modes for viewing AI; Pilot mode and Spotter mode. Pilot Mode assumes that you are in an aircraft and that you will be moving. In Spotter Mode, it assumes that you will not be moving and as such cancellations and diversions are shown on the board, even though you cannot see them. The Super Traffic Board flight control is a built in feature the automatically monitors the traffic information being sent from flight simulator.I found this a good little program to use."

"I found Super Traffic Board to be a good little program to use. It works without a fuss and in reality you do not notice the program doing anything, but it is constantly monitoring and adjusting traffic in the background and as an added bonus, you can keep an eye on what is happening traffic-wise. You can also become a virtual plane spotter. I recommend this program if you want an easy to use and unobtrusive traffic board and control program."

Full Review:

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0209/SuperTfcBd/STB.htm

Another recent review:

http://asn.aerosoft.com/?page_id=22401

Just a few comments on the assessment of "Shadow AI". I agree completely that it does not work well for everyone, and is certainly not perfect for anyone. But it has remained in the product solely because at least a few people have found it useful in its current form. Having said that, I think it's appropriate to remove it from the sales literature as it cannot be guaranteed to work well.