The simFlight Network Forums

Toggle between Nav1 & Nav2/which FS control or Offset?

Need to toggle between Nav1 & Nav2 and can't find a working FS control or offset. any suggestions?? (FSX/Vista and Cessna 172 G1000)

What, exactly are you "toggling between NAV1 and NAV2?" Just saying that on its own makes no sense.

If it is something FS can actually do (and i cannot tell from your 'description'), then you can find out what control instigates it, if any, by using FSUIPC logging -- enable the Event logging, operate this "toggle" and see what is logged.

Pete

Hi Pete,

First of all i used the logging facility. And this are the lines in the logfile about the event:

338406 KEYDOWN: VK=80, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=0

338406 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS

I'm trying to switch (with a j,b) between Nav1/Nav2 standby display, normaly using the mousepointer on the G1000 PFD at the leftside of the screen with the NAV Button (Push 1-2). Making a macro of the event also did not work.

Regards Rene

First of all i used the logging facility. And this are the lines in the logfile about the event:

338406 KEYDOWN: VK=80, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=0

338406 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS

You enabled Button and Key logging? I didn't want that!

Anyway, it shows you pressed the "P" key. If that does the job, why not program your button to press the P key? [The default action for P is "PAUSE TOGGLE". The fact that you got not "PAUSE TOGGLE" event logged means you either failed to enable Event logging, or that you've re-assigned the P key to something else!]

Did you not enable the Event logging as I suggested?

I'm trying to switch (with a j,b) between Nav1/Nav2 standby display, normaly using the mousepointer on the G1000 PFD at the leftside of the screen with the NAV Button (Push 1-2)

Oh, on the G1000 gauge? Never used that.

There are a large number (about 50) of G1000 controls listed -- those named "G1000 MFD ..." and "G100 PFD ...". I don't see one specifically for the operation you want to do, and certainly there isn't one being passed through from the gauge to FSX's code -- so, like many of the default gauges, I'm afraid this function is purely local to the gauge and not controllable except by mouse.

[LATER]

I've just tried it, and it is most certainly purely a local gauge function. Since it appears only to be usable by mouse, and since it seems that, as usual, Microsoft have not constructed the gauge in the standard manner of their SDK, so defeating anything my mouse macro facility can do, I'm afraid your only options are either to continue using the Mouse, or use Luciano Napolitano's "Key2Mouse" program.

Regards

Pete