The simFlight Network Forums

Heading in the Bermuda triangle

oh, and it is possible to write crazy NAV frequencies such as 112.91 without error

As you know the stages are 10,15,20,25 etc normally. The bad effect that occurs from writing as above is that when this data appears in FS, the following happens

Example:

Write 112.11 to NAV1 via FSUCIP

switch to FS screen control and increment the value to find that the stages now go up as follows:

so not good, but no error as stated in previous posts

worth noting?

Chris

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct that this wrong data should not be going into the app, BUT also your app should not break if it ever did happen.

My "app" is not breaking. FSUIPC is a portal into FS. It allows you to read and write stuff in FS -- it does not know nor care what that data is. All it is doing is acting as messenger. You are breaking FS by writing your "crap", and then blaming FSUIPC for allowing it.

I'm sorry, but I am NEVER going to "police" what is written and read via FSUIPC. That spoils the whole point of what it provides. I don't even know what many of the offsets do. It is up to you application writers to find out and take advantage. It has always been so and is not going to change.

Pete