The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and RP-48

Hello,

I would like to knwo if the new FSUIPC would fix a problem i am having with the Goflight RP48. Right now when i turn any rotary knob, it turns the opposite in games. for example, turning heading bug clockwise will cause it to turn counter clockwise in the game. Can someone tell me if purchasing FSUIPC will allow me to fix this problem. Thank you

I would like to knwo if the new FSUIPC would fix a problem i am having with the Goflight RP48. Right now when i turn any rotary knob, it turns the opposite in games. for example, turning heading bug clockwise will cause it to turn counter clockwise in the game.

How strange. Is that a faulty RP48, or a faulty GoFlight driver? Have you checked with their support?

Can someone tell me if purchasing FSUIPC will allow me to fix this problem. Thank you

FSUIPC allows you to program the RP48 knobs and buttons as you wish, but it doesn't work without you doing some work yourself, assigning the appropriate controls. FSUIPC itself also does not operate the LEDs on the unit. There is a free "GFdisplay" program I provide but again it takes some work to get the LEDs doing whatever you want.

So, the answer is "yes", but not "out of the box". You have to work at it.

Regards

Pete

thank you Pete. I did try to contact Goflight but no luck on their support. I have a feeling they realized their mistake and working on it now. So can i use your software to fix the defect ? I can try to program it myself.

FSUIPC just sees the each dial on the RP48 as a set of 4 buttons -- fast left, slow left, slow right, fast right. Maybe if your hardware is reversed they'll come out the other way, but that isn't too relevant -- you just assign whatever functions you like to each. Best really if you download the FSUIPC ZIP file and browse through the User Guide, make sure you want to go that way before actually buying it.

Regards

Pete