The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.02 Conflict With FSMeteo

With FSUIPC 3.02 installed and functioning, FS2K2 running and plugged into the internet, activating FSMeteo sends a message "Waiting for FSUIPC", and just sits there.

Removed 3.02 and reinstalled 2.97 and FSMeteo immediately works.

Can we get a fix on this, Peter?

Dennis

With FSUIPC 3.02 installed and functioning, FS2K2 running and plugged into the internet, activating FSMeteo sends a message "Waiting for FSUIPC", and just sits there.

Removed 3.02 and reinstalled 2.97 and FSMeteo immediately works.

Can we get a fix on this, Peter?

Have you registered FSUIPC?

Pete

Yes, Peter, I am registered and the v. 3.0x works in all other features, battery life, etc. External sources were not blocked. Also, I have used FSMeteo for over a year with zero conflicts.

LOL, registration is 3 days old, so it wouldn't have played any part in that year in any case!

Which version of FSMeteo is it please? I seem to have a few here. I try to check it out with the same one as you.

Also, can you just do a short run with FSUIPC logging IPC reads and writes. Just run it till you know it isn't going to do anything, then Zip up the FSUIPC Log and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Please also report it to Marc and send him the log too. Marc has been involved in the Beta testing and hasn't mentioned any similar problems. I'll probably need him to look at it in any case and tell me why it is not running.

I do already have a few good reports of it working fine, both on FS2002 and FS2004 so I can't imagine what the glitch could be without more data, sorry.

Regards,

Pete

Heck, no need for apologies. Early Days. It will be many weeks before the dust settles on the 1001 interactions we are going to have to sort out with our new MS version... Those of us who do Airfile modifications are already doing a lot of pensive tooth-sucking.. :)

Best

Alex

Reading this thread with interest cos I've been having the same problem, but mine isn't cured with the advent of version 3.03.

FSMeteo 6 is STILL "waiting for FSUIPC" - also to note, when I turn it on, FSUIPC says that "software is incompatible with an unregistered version of FSUIPC"....

But I DID register FSUIPC, honest i did........

Any help would be much appreciated - I MISS my FSMeteo!!

Thanks ladz

Norm

FSMeteo 6 is STILL "waiting for FSUIPC" - also to note, when I turn it on, FSUIPC says that "software is incompatible with an unregistered version of FSUIPC"....

Can you be a bit more precise here, please. Where is this appearing and what exactly does it say (title and text)? FSMeteo 6 does not even need FSUIPC registration as far as I know, as it is accredited and has its own key.

If there are problems with FSMeteo itself you need to get them sorted with Marc. If you do have a problem with FSUIPC 3.03 I need to see the FSUIPC.LOG please.

Pete

Pete

Thank you for getting back to me. Here's exactly what happens:

I turn on Flight Sim and once it's loaded up and the Cessna is sitting at Meigs, I click on FSMeteo to activate that too. The instant I do that, I get the following message:

FSUIPC Access Error!

One of more programs you are using is not accredited for access to an unregistered copy of FSUIPC. Please see the FSUIPC.LOG for details.

Meanwhile, in the status bar of FSMeteo v6.0, I get the following message:

Waiting for FSUIPC.........Press FLY NOW IN FS

My FSUIPC.LOG reads like this (I've "blanked out" my personal details but they appear as they should do in the log)

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.03 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name="My name appears here"

User Addr="My e-mail address appears here"

FSUIPC Key="My key appears here"

WideFS Key=""

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=00042000[00042000]

InitDelay: 3 seconds

41319 System time = 23:16:05

Internal Debug Code 15

41319 C:\PROGRA~1\MI9A48~1\FS2002\

57422 System time = 23:16:21, FS2002 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

75068 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

75228 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

76690 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

83810 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

83810 ADVDRV.DLL has been patched for weather and other variables

83810 Saving original winds by Window Position Changes

83810 Everlasting rain/snow fix installed

86644 FLIGHTS\MYFLTS\UI Generated Temporary Flight.flt

87025 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

150076Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

233996 ### IPC Message processed in 83960mSecs ###

I have gone back to Marc on this problem and he advised that

"Well i you wait a bit FS_Meteo should start if FS is not in the task bar." I couldn't understand this but I tried it again and after 20 minutes even, the situation hadn't changed - I still wasn't getting any weather from FSMeteo.

I'm sorry I wasn't more precise in my last message - I should have been and if there is any more info you need, just let me know. Thanks again for your time.

Norm

150076Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

233996 ### IPC Message processed in 83960mSecs ###[/i]

Hmmm. there's certainly something VERY odd going on there. Apart from the fact that it is evident from the log that the copy of FSUIPC is registered, and so the "not accredited" message shouldn't occur even if the FSMeteo was not accredited (which I think it is), the fact that something caused FSUIPC/FS to spend nearly 84 seconds processing one message is astonishing!

Something is really screwing up there, and at present I really do have no idea what it would be. I suspect something is seriously trampling over something else inside FS.

Can you tell me if there are any other add-ins (extra DLLs) in your FS? Are you using a standard default aircraft or an add-on?

Could you go into the Logging page of FSUIPC, and enable IPC read and write logging. Then just start up FSMeteo and let it run to the point where you know it isn't going to work. then shut it and FS down, ZIP up the FSUIPC.LOG file from the Modules folder, and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Thanks.

Pete