• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 zippy476

zippy476

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

Just downloaded update 1.3, Right off the bat I did notice the ground hoping is GONE witch is great. Other then that though I cant say if the fuel system now works or what the new flight dynamics are like because I cant get the thing to start.

I followed the start up to the letter and used the new 30-40 sec method and nothing the gauges give me readouts but that's it no sound's no nothing. Also I couldn't find the 1 touch engine start button on the overhead 2d (shit+3) panel.

I tried all the models including the new ones with the "flight crew" (no textures they are all black), Tried auto and manual install and tried reloading the bird and tried loading the bird from the 206 and eh101 cold and dark state.

I don't know if this was intended on being a beta patch or not but just trying to leave some feedback. Like I said I cant comment on the flight dynamics or rotor brake because I cant get the thing going.

Thanks for fixing the ground hoping though :D

#2 gajit

gajit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:35 AM

Hi Guys

Thanks for the patch but I agree with Zippy on every point. I can't start up manually or find the auto swtich on the Shift 3 panel and my pilots are also all black.

The view position in the VC is terrible compared to the previous version.

The VC appears to be unrealistically brighter as though there is a bright light in the cockpit - yes I have checked my lights are off.

Also I had to manually install all the files of the patch as the destination was wrong - please help.

#3 Mdennison

Mdennison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSomerset UK

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

Hi,

I have all the same issues, as described in both the above post. Had to do a manual install also. :(

#4 PenceE

PenceE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

I think something really messed up with the installer, i ask Tamas (or simmarket) to do something. I checked and my "version" is OK.

#5 PenceE

PenceE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

The installer was completely wrong.

Tamas re-uploaded it. Please, download the new installer and try again.

I suggest you to uninstall and remove all CH-53 related data and reinstall the whole addon from the original installer with all the previous patches in order. Then appply the latest 1.3 patch.

If you do this, the new version should work.

#6 Mdennison

Mdennison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSomerset UK

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:43 AM

It's still not right.

I installed everything from scratch as sugested. The insaller installed all the files in the correct place this time, but i am unable to do a manual quick start.

I can however start it from the new Auto start button, but can't lift off as there is no power when the collective is lifted? ? ? ?

(Also the rotorbrake switch seems to be affecting electrcal power to the AI gauges).

Have gone back to my backup version again, which still works fine.

Regards
Mark

#7 Mdennison

Mdennison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSomerset UK

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

Hi,

I thought i would try another re-install, this time it worked.

Thanks for the update.

#8 gajit

gajit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:06 AM

Hi Nemeth team

Thank you for this update. It also now works for me now.

Very apprechated.

regards

GJ

#9 zippy476

zippy476

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

Yep works fine now :)

I wonder if it is possible to fix the audio and add APP sounds? Also would it be possible to make it so just the ramp door can be opened by itself? So you turn the switch once and the door opens then turn it again to make the ramp down?

Anyway thanks for the great improvements.

#10 zippy476

zippy476

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

Just an update, When you cycle the view's the sound goes goofy, also for the start up when I push in starter 3 and leave it there for a LONG (1 min+) time nothing seems to happen I then undo the starter and sit there and after a while it just seems to kick over, N2 and N1 seem to start fine although I have to keep the starter pressed wait for the rpm's to come up then with the starter still pressed slide the SCL into first position (ground idle) then the rpm's kick over and I'm able to disengaged the starter button.

I also noticed that the bird seems to have to much power when the SCL's are only in pos 1 (ground idle), I can take off and fly at around 100 knots even in the ground idle pos.

Will update if I find more.

#11 jamesander

jamesander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Location4nm SW EGHH

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

Hi Guy's,

Been a while since I was last here but, I read the latest update is only if you have acceleration installed. This update rectifies the ground hopping (if I read it correctly) but, has an update/tweak been done for folk that still have the bouncing around effect and who don't have acceleration!

I've never been able to enjoy using the aircraft due to this bug.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.
James

4nm SW EGHH

#12 zippy476

zippy476

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

Found some new bugs, For some reason after the update the standard texture keeps overriding my repaints.

#13 PenceE

PenceE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

Will check these ones guys and try to get rid of.

#14 Quicksand

Quicksand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:51 AM

Wow! I flew the '53, exited FS, and when I opened it again, and like zippy, the stock textures are showing on all the repaints I added. Weird!

#15 Quicksand

Quicksand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:45 AM

I restarted my computer, and now, the paints are there again.. I need a stiff drink.....

#16 Papacone

Papacone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:38 AM

I'm late to the game, but here goes. When I first downloaded and installed the Ch53 program, it would start up with it flying then the engines would quit. It would crash and the cycle would repeat usless I went back into the start up and selected a flight plan and made a take off at an airport. Then I when through the starting problems that everyone had. I finally saw a youtube post that showed to put the engine start switches to the on position. That little step was left out of the start up procedures. The next area is the manual says to fly with the fuel control levers in the 2-1-2 positions. However later it says to put them in direct. They shift to off and the engines shut off. Now I'm to the big problems. I tried loading the patches and the sound up date. Things have gone to oz. If I save a flight in progress, on resumption the engines go dead and you crash. I've lost the apu sound. I only get one shot at the engine startup. If I shut one down, if won't restart unless I restart the whole program. Everytime I have tried a reinstall, I get a lot of strange happenings. One time I got all the cockpit views with the right mouse click. That went away on a later reload and I can't get to happen again. Finally, how can I set the auto pilot to hold the altitude and airspeed. This it as bad as the FSX H101 that you can't set an altitude and airspeed hold. Man, you take your eyes off the attituded indicator and it's in the water or pitched up to the sky. Forget about low level flights. Any feedback would be nice. One last question. How can I fix the aircraft display in the logbook? Right now in mine it shows the aircraft as "helicopter helicopter". I would like it two show CH-53E.

#17 Papacone

Papacone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:42 AM

Forget about the logbook problem. I found the fix by changing the type aircraft and model in the config file.

#18 Papacone

Papacone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

New information to post and ask more questions and gain more knowledge. I just got the CD for CH53E in the mail. So I removed any trace that I could find of the old loads of CH53E and did a fresh install. Right out of the gate somewhere all the old information on my other CH53s showed up. Tail number, flight number and call sign. (where in FSX is that information stored?) Next, the flight started with the center console in the middle of the screen, the aircraft in the air, and the engines winding down. (major issue) I moved to an airport and the blades were turning do I had to stop them before I could start. Boy, back to the old problem with switches. Seems now that the EPPS switches have been added to the sequence and they had to be in auto to start. I was back to only one shot at engine starts. If you shut one down, it was exit the simulator and start all over. One bright spot was that all the views could be selected with the mouse and a right click. I had left and right pilot seats, middle console, both overhead panels and the lower console. This was really neat to have instead of having to go to the menu bar, select views and move down to instrumentation and then across to the selection. Really a pain while flying with no autopilot. Anyway, I loaded the patches in order of dates. I lost the single mouse selection of views. I gained the autostart feature. The starting is still tricky. When I select it, all the power levers go to max and the number 2 engine starts, then 1, then 3. Number 1 is really slow to wind up. (WE called that a hung start) I got a full screen digital display on start, on top of the middle console, on top of the cockpit view. The aircraft is still flying and the engines shut down and I still can't get them restarted before the crash. So, back to an airport start. The display comes out of the program load with the rotors turning, no noise except a big thump as the airplane hits the tarmac. And last, I can't get the new sounds in the right file. If I put them in th FSX sound folder all I get is a high pitch whine for the rotors turning. If I put them in the CH53E file I get a humming. And when I put them into the CH53E sound folder, I get a popping whack. I know the sounds are good, as I can play them with my sound program. I have removed the ones I don't want and left the new ones, but they are not being found. Do I hacked the sound config file and delete the lines for the ch53e and keep the lines for xch53? Oh, By the way, I can get mine to 165 knots(yes overspeed) with a slight dive. I can keep it level at 147 for a couple of minutes, then it starts porpoiseing.

#19 zippy476

zippy476

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

Mate this helicopter is so bugged. The sound is bugged (through their own admission in the 1.3 updater I might add), the start up is bugged, the lights are bugged, ect..... Its just not finished I feel more like this is a beta. I am still hoping they will come back fix this thing but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

I don't know what the deal is, In FS2004 Nemeth was king, In FSX they just keep turning out bugged helicopter after bugged helicopter. They use to have fully functional VC's and now it just seems like they do the bare minimum and even that is bugged.

#20 Papacone

Papacone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

Can anybody at the company fix the problems with the CH53E? I love flying the bird. It's just the little things that anoy me. 1. The new rotor sound is great, when it wants to work. It was on engine 3, now it's on engine 1. 2. It would be very nice to have app sound. 3. It would be really nice to have stab hold and altitude hold. 4. Why can't my NAVY 53 have a extend and retract fuel probe? I want to get the skycrane, but if it is as bugged as the 53, then I'll have to pass. And last. What program could I use, as a novice, to maybe fix some of the problems?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket