The simFlight Network Forums

FS 2004 RC 3.10 FSUIPC 3.03 Advdisp 211 Problem

Pete I need help!

I have a registered version of fsuipc 3.03 and Advdisp 2.11 I use them both with FS 2004 and Radar Contact 3.10 and FS Meteo 6.0.

I got one flight with the above, now I have a FS 2004 crash problem. I am not sure which program is at fault. I can run FS 2004 and switch between windowed and full screen mode in FS 2004 without a problem.

When I use Radar Contact or FS meteo I start FS 2004 in full screen mode. Then I switch to window mode to start one of the programs. Both programs run and after they are ready for me to go back into FS 2004 I make the FS 2004 window active. All is fine ready to fly. I then switch back to full screen mode, I get a black screen with FS 2004 still running.

Now when I close out Fs 2004 I get the Send error to MS message box.

Not sure what is going on..

Eddie

System Spec:

Intel 2.4 P-4

1 Gig DDR memory

G-Force 4 Ti 4400 128 ram Nividia Video Card (Running Current Drivers)

Add me to the list for this same problem in FS2004, except I'm using ActiveSky wxRE ver 1.9, but it does it also with FSMeteo ver 6.

All paid for and registered.

I've tried everything I've read on the net and been through all the readme's but still the same.

I have read it now in several post board's of many having the same problem, hopefully someone will fiqure it out.

Have ya'll tried the full screen, windows, full screen moves without running any of the add-ons. Mine gives me the same black screen even without running any of the add-ons. I found a cure that works for me. use the "Windows" key on your keyboard if you have on. I start FS2004, then I use the windows key and start FS Meteo. Then I can maximize the FS2004 taskbar icon and get back into full screen mode. Works like a charm for me. Give it a try.

George Stoddard

Pete I need help!I then switch back to full screen mode, I get a black screen with FS 2004 still running.

There are lots of reports of such things happening with FS2004 when switching between full screen and windowed, and sometimes minimized and windowed, and they don't need any of my modules present to do this. I suspect there's a bug in FS itself, or some incompatibility with some video drivers/cards.

I'd keep an eye on some of the general FS2004 discussion forums if I were you, to see if and when anyone comes up with a solution.

Sorry, but I cannot fix things that are not of my doing.

Pete

I myself did not really suspect the FSUIPC module itself as I have read of some of these crashes having to do with almost any program "running" or doing something in the background causing this problem.

More then likely it is a bug with FS9 so the most we can hope for is to make as much info known so that we as users can see if there is a commonality and figure out what the cause and cure could be.

I myself did not really suspect the FSUIPC module itself as I have read of some of these crashes having to do with almost any program "running" or doing something in the background causing this problem.

More then likely it is a bug with FS9 so the most we can hope for is to make as much info known so that we as users can see if there is a commonality and figure out what the cause and cure could be.

I don't even think it needs another program in the background. I think it is only related to the changing of video modes. Of course you ARE more likely to be changing modes if you are trying to access other programs.

From one report I've seen recently, a user was okay with an older Ti200 video card using nVidia 44.67 drivers, then upgraded to a Ti-4800. Since then, trying to run FS9 in anything but windowed mode causes the screen to turn black. Worse, in his case trying to change to full screen mode whilst it is running is causing a crash and reboot!

For this problem, it has been suggested that the nVidia 45.20 drivers are better (http://www.guru3d.com), and also, another suggested that the DirectX 9b update fixes it. Others say that any OLD drivers fix it too (e.g. 28.xx or 30.xx series).

Seems like there are some things to try, all video related.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

I was not sure what was the problem. I was not trying to blame FSUIPC.

Just hoped someone might know of a fic. My first thought was FS 9 and windows XP That I am running. But since I could switch between windowed and full screen modes with no problem without tring to use addons it was a good second thought that it might be the addons or FSUICP. I sent e-mails and posted in other forums for the addons as well.

Thanks for your hard work without it my flight simming would have been

pretty dull over the years!

Hope know hard feelings!

Eddie

My feelings exactly Eatkins, not trying to offend anyone just hoping to find a solution.

And thank you Pete for the above post, I think your on the right track with your statements. It's the sharing of info like that that helps get stuff like this cleared up.

I'll give those ideas a try.

BTW one helper to the problem I have found is the great free program on Pete's site that works very well with FSUIPC called "FSUIPC Run Options" by José Oliveira. Working with FSUIPC it allows you to manage programs to start, run and close with the actions of FSUIPC, greatly reducing the need for screen switching.

Try it, it works great.

WBF

I was not trying to blame FSUIPCHope know hard feelings!

Of course not. I know you weren't blaming FSUIPC, do not worry. I am just as concerned as you are -- there are Beta testers of FS2004 who are also having similar problems, and not with add-ons either. I think it likely that add-ons exacerbate the problem, especially as you are then more likely to keep switching video modes.

So far it looks like some incompatibility some place between some video drivers and DirectX. It may be worth trying different drivers, and/or applying the DX9b updateI've not got that yet, but I've not heard of any problems with it.

Regards,

Pete