The simFlight Network Forums

FS2004 and gpsout.dll

***Disregard, I found the related post in this forum.

***Thanks Peter for all you do.

I need to be able to output a Serial Port NMEA GPS Sentance in FS2004 to use Jeppensen Flight Map as a Moving Map on a second machine.

I was using gpsout.dll on FS2002 and it worked wondefully.

I loaded it in the FS2004 Module directory and I get an "incompatible software" message when FS2004 starts. I did load the latest version of FSUIPC.

Peter, if you are reading, this was a wonderful tool to connect FS2002 to my real word Flite Planning Software. Please say it can be updated.

I use this setup to do my preflight planning and practice before flying a Cessna 172 a in the real world. It gives me a comfort factor when I am flying somewhere I haven't flow to before.

Dennis

dlmitchell@charter.net

OK, I read the forum, but I am still having problems. FS2004 keeps saying that it has detected incompatible software :gpsout.dll", would you like to load it anyway?. I answer yes but the module does not appear under the module pull down menu and I can not see data coming across the port on the other machine.

DM

dlmitchell@charter.net

FS2004 keeps saying that it has detected incompatible software :gpsout.dll", would you like to load it anyway?. I answer yes but the module does not appear under the module pull down menu and I can not see data coming across the port on the other machine.

Have you downloaded the FS2004 compatible version? Please see the list of supported version numbers in the announcement at the top of this forum, and also go to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson page and see that all of my modules had to be updated for FS2004 and that they were all made available before FS2004 was released.

GPSout does not and never has put any entries into FS's menu system. It just works quietly in the background. But please NEVER just copy a module from FS2002 to FS2004 expecting it to work. I'm surprised it didn't crash FS2004.

Regards,

Pete