The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.50 on FSX/VISTA wont recognize CH joysticks

I just bought and installed FSUIPC, but have not been able to get it to recognize any of my CH joysticks.

No matter what I do, the two text fields on the FSUIPC "Axis Assignment" tab never show any values and the text MOVE and LEVER always remains visible. When I first go to the tab, all 4 buttons on top of the pane are disabled; I can get the Rescan button enabled by toggling Aircraft Specific, but pressing Rescan before or during moving a joystick lever doesn't change anything.

This is what I have tried so far without result:

• [*:1pn9dhiw] moved all axis on my joystick .
    [*:1pn9dhiw] pressed the Rescan button while moving a number of axes one at a time.
    [*:1pn9dhiw] tried with my joysticks both in mapped and in direct mode. In both modes Windows and FSX recognize all the joystick devices without problems and I can map all axis in FSX with no problem.
    [*:1pn9dhiw] disabled and removed all joystick mappings in FSX.
    [*:1pn9dhiw] removed fsuipc.ini to let FSUIPC start from new configuration.

System data:

• [*:1pn9dhiw] FSUIPC version 4.50
    [*:1pn9dhiw] Joysticks: CH Pro Pedals USB, CH Throttle Quadrant USB, and CH Fligh Sim Yoke USB.
    [*:1pn9dhiw] CH Control Manager v4.30V (not used except to changed between direct/mapped mode).
    [*:1pn9dhiw] Joystick driver 6.0.1.0 from CH Products. Windows claim this driver up to date and the CH driver homepage claims Windows include all the needed driver for their CH joysticks.
    [*:1pn9dhiw] Windows Vista Business SP1 32-bit

FSUIPC log (from the last try):

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.50 by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
User Name="xxx
User Addr="xxx"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
Running inside FSX (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)
Module base=61000000
Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
DebugStatus=15
      234 System time = 20:25:17
      234 FLT UNC path = "C:\Users\filip\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
      234 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
     1139 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
     1139 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
    10671 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
    10671 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    10671 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    10764 C:\Users\filip\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Baron EKRK active.FLT
    10764 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\Beech_Baron_58.AIR
    78094 Aircraft="Beech Baron 58 Paint3"
    78094 System time = 20:26:35, Simulator time = 20:25:27 (18:25Z)
    78703 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
   102696 System time = 20:26:59, Simulator time = 20:25:33 (18:25Z)
   102696 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 7 secs = 19.5 fps
Memory managed: 5 Allocs, 5 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Anyone got a clue to what I can do?

Thank you in advance,

Filip Larsen

I just bought and installed FSUIPC, but have not been able to get it to recognize any of my CH joysticks.

Does FSX?

Are you running FSX in WinXP compatibility mode by any chance? If so, don't (there is no need -- FSX is fully Vista aware). Or download the update for FSUIPC4 in the Updates announcement above, which does get around this mistake by some users.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, thank you for your reponse.

Does FSX?

Yes, FSX recognize all my joysticks without problem. Other simulators on my computer, like Falcon 4.0, also recognize them fine.

Are you running FSX in WinXP compatibility mode by any chance?

I was about to answer no to that question since I've know I have never set any compatibility mode, but when I checked the shortcut for launching FSX it did indeed specify Windows XP SP3 mode. No sure how it got set in the first place, but once compatability mode had been deselected, FSUIPC do seem able to recognize my joysticks right away. Now I just hope that mode weren't set for a reason.

Thanks a bunch, Pete :D

Best regards,

Filip Larsen

... but once compatability mode had been deselected, FSUIPC do seem able to recognize my joysticks right away.

Yes. The problem is that compatibility mode makes Vista lie to programs, telling them they are running on XP. This makes FSUIPC use the XP registry keys to find data, like your joysticks. These keys are different between XP and Vista.

Now I just hope that mode weren't set for a reason.

Well, I wouldn't recommend it, but either way I did change FSUIPC4 to check both sets of registry keys -- that mod is in the interim update in the Announcements above.

Regards

Pete