77 replies to this topic

#61 kagazi

kagazi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:35 AM

By placing an "X" in the UT2 box of the airline usng the editor you're telling MyTraffic X that this airline already exists in UT2. Then when you create all files and traffic with the no UT2 airlines checked MyTraffic will exclude (in theory) those airlines that it is aware of that exist in UT2. This was my point. Neither REX nor Jetstar had a UT2 box checked. Therefore, MyTraffic thinks that these airlines do not exist in UT2.

I haven't had time to check Australia, but since the UT2 box is checked for Qantas, in theory once you create all files and traffic with the no UT2 box checked it should prevent MyTraffic from scheduling any Qantas.

There is no need to delete AI manually as this process is built into MyTraffic X.

If you follow the instructions I gave in the previous post it should (in theory) remove MyTraffic X REX and Jetstar.
Windows 7 64 bit
FSX w/Acceleration
MyTraffic X v5.4

#62 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,415 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:05 AM

Good morning, you are so active while I sleep :lol:

Neither REX nor Jetstar were in the UT2 version that I have here, but they may have been added since then. In case of REX it may have been the case that the correct name of the airline is Regional Express, operated by Regional Express Holding, which is running in MyTraffic under this correct name and not the brand.

And this now is the key I assume to the Qantas question, I checked no Qantas flights get compiled, BUT: Not all, by far, aircraft that have a red tail with a kanguroo on it and QANTAS in big letters on the side are flown by Qantas Airlines, there are several other airlines flying for the brand under own callsign, and you known when all is well it is Qantas and if somebody is to blaim it is them. Impulse Airlines is one of these examples. If UT2 has modelled this correctly based on operators, or also correctly based on marketing brand is beyond my knowledge, this problem is still bigger in the US where you have rather small real airlines and huge operaters flying for all of them ( Mesa, Mesaba, ASA, Comair, Chautauqua,Republic,....).

So this might require a bit of research and fine tuning from your side, if you want to have Impulse Airlines from MyTraffic or not - just mark Impulse airlines as "UT2" and compile with the mark checked and these aircraft will not show up. Since you have the far better inside than we can have, I would be greatful if you tell us which airlines to mark as "UT2" to get the optimum result, we can still include this as default to the next version.

I hope this explains what is going on.

#63 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,415 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:06 AM

Since I have you on the wire for these, I have two contradicting sources if Impulse still fly 717s for Qantas.

#64 kagazi

kagazi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

My late night activity is not my choice, but I'm using my time wisely revising TJSJ and redoing TKPK based on my recent observations and pictures -- and of course beta testing :wink:

Speaking of TKPK which airline is this? The name on the Dash was "THE Caribbean Airline"

Attached Files

Windows 7 64 bit
FSX w/Acceleration
MyTraffic X v5.4

#65 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,415 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

There is Caribbean Star in MyTraffic since 2007 :D

#66 Dags60

Dags60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:47 PM

G'day again kagazi and Burkhard.
Sorry kagazi i must have misread your previous post about placing the X in the UT2 box of the airline using the editor telling MTX that that airline already exists in UT2. I will do that later on today and let you know how i got on.
And yes Burkhard we have been active while you have been asleep :lol:
Yes Qantas do own a few other airlines and i will check up on those which it owns for you, thats if i can find this info.
However i do know that Impulse Airlines are no longer Burkhard. They were taken over by Qantas owned Jetstar.
Yes i know all too confusing for me as well these bigger airlines owning heaps of smaller ones as well, it happens here in Australia as well, so i can just imagine what its like in the US etc.
Ok guys i'm off to run the editor as kagazi suggested and try and find out some more info for you Burkhard.
Cheers guys

#67 Dags60

Dags60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:48 PM

By placing an "X" in the UT2 box of the airline usng the editor you're telling MyTraffic X that this airline already exists in UT2. Then when you create all files and traffic with the no UT2 airlines checked MyTraffic will exclude (in theory) those airlines that it is aware of that exist in UT2. This was my point. Neither REX nor Jetstar had a UT2 box checked. Therefore, MyTraffic thinks that these airlines do not exist in UT2.

Sorry kagazi but i'm at a loss here. You're saying place an X in the UT2 box of the airline using the editorso do you mean for instance opening MTX_V52b.myt again then go to create again create all files and schedules again then choose an airline at the left where it says "For this airline only" then highlighting the airline from the list then checking the No UT2/FSLive 2 airlines box?
For the life of me i cant see where it shows up when you said you couldnt see REX no Jetstar having had a UT2 box checked. :roll:
Sorry for asking all this guys i'm kinda new to this stuff so bear with me ok.
So in other words i highlight Jestar Airways from the list to the left of the box "For this airline only", then place an X in the "No UT2/FSLive 2 airlines" box then press "Go on!"? then do that for Regional Express as well? etc etc.
Also guys i would like to know how to take a screenshot and how i can post it in a thread.
Thanks again guys for all your support and help on this.

#68 Dags60

Dags60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

Ok guys worked it all out now whew lol
Opened MT Editor opened MTX_V52b.myt then opened Airline then manage and edited applicable airlines by placing X in UT2 box (the airlines that appeared in both MTX and UT2 that is) then recompiled MTX_V52b.myt and all's good now :D
Will still check on airlines for you Burhard that no longer fly in Australia or that are owned by the bigger airlines, well i'll do my best anyway.
For now cheers guys and thanks again for your help.
Will report back when i have some more for you Burkhard.

#69 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,415 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:03 AM

Fine all is working technically, the logics behind AI traffic can get very difficult easily, but than then is the joy of modeling. According to the actual jp lists Impulse is completely owned by QFA, but continues to fly under its own certificate. Otherwise it would mean an about 30% increase of all saleries if converted to Qantas itself, which in the current times is less likely than hell delivering free ice cream to all angels :twisted:

Edit: Looking still more into details can it be that the Impulse certificate is used for the Jetstar Asia brand?

#70 Dags60

Dags60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

G'day Burkhard

Yes finally all working technically :D. As for Impulse Airlines i'm not sure about it flying under Jetstar Asia, i'll do my best to find out. However i did find another airline in MTX that is no longer flying under its own banner. The airline in question is Allianceit was swallowed up again by the Qantas group. I think it still uses its own colours but not sure on this one, again i'll find out. But i do know this it appears both in MTX and UT2, so there's another one for you Burkhard.

Will continue to look into more aussie airlines for you. Cheers all!!!!

#71 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,415 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:30 AM

Thanks a lot for this, looking into this development and modelling it with the tools possible is the big fun for this hobby. This is what the "time machine" is good for. If we find out that Impulse ceased flying under own brand in 2008, we just edit the aircraft types of the airline, change the last year to 2008, and voila with any subsequent schedule creation, schedule import these aircraft will cease to exist for 2010 schedules. And if we want to go back to a day in 2007 maybe to repeat a flight we did back than, a new schedule creation with simulated year 2007 and they are back. Welcome to the fun side of it...

#72 0Artur0

0Artur0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:37 AM

How does all this go along with recent UT2 updates? For example a few airlines which were there before are now missing (Ryanair).

Another one.. is there a minimum percentage (GA slider) for military flights to show up? just asking.

One more thing... should I check the box "Direct X Only" or not? By default it's checked.

I merged UT2 and MTX by instructions and as far as I know all is working ok! Happy customer!
Power Supply: LC8850 850W
Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD4
CPU: i7 920 @ 3.8GHz
Memory: MUSHKIN 3x2GB HP3-12800 DDR3 3x2GB 1600MHz
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD10EADS "Caviar ® Green™" 1000 GB Serial ATAII cache 32 MB
Video Card: Geforce GTX 285

#73 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,415 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

How does all this go along with recent UT2 updates? For example a few airlines which were there before are now missing (Ryanair).

Another one.. is there a minimum percentage (GA slider) for military flights to show up? just asking.

One more thing... should I check the box "Direct X Only" or not? By default it's checked.

I merged UT2 and MTX by instructions and as far as I know all is working ok! Happy customer!

All this can easily done using the MyTraffic editor, do not foget to copy Trafficdatabasebuilder as instructed.

Every airline has a check box with which you can set to to be part of UT2 ( or any other package you want to misuse it for ), so check or uncheck as needed.

Then run a "Create all files and traffic".

Military flights are VFR flight rules. You can modify the minimal slider density they need in the same run of "Create all files and traffic".

The Direct X 10 check box warrants that only models built with FSX SDK are used, not the remainding (few) that stil are in legavy format and require more CPU resources for less optical quality. But if one of those is of importance for you, and mainly for historical schedules, you may want to uncheck them.

#74 0Artur0

0Artur0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:16 PM

Military flights are VFR flight rules. You can modify the minimal slider density they need in the same run of "Create all files and traffic".

When I press "Create all files and traffic" In "Which schedules ?" window under "Military" the value is "0"... what exactly this means? Is this even the right place I'm looking at?
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD10EADS "Caviar ® Green™" 1000 GB Serial ATAII cache 32 MB

#75 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,415 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:43 AM

When I press "Create all files and traffic" In "Which schedules ?" window under "Military" the value is "0"... what exactly this means? Is this even the right place I'm looking at?

Yes, and a second look into the manual would be another place to look :grin:

In short: A military flight is a flight of an aircraft that has either a military combat or a military cargo parking enabled in the series section of the data base.

For all schedules created by the automatic scheduling, so practically all militaries, the dependense of the number of aircraft you see ( in average ) with the traffic density slider is linear. If you have the slider at 50%, you see 50% of the flights - with this value at default.

The value that you can change now defines the posint where this line crosses the 0. So, if you set the value to 50, you will have NO military traffic with slider at 50%, and with slider at 75% you will only have 50% of the military traffic. So this slider alloes you to fine tune how the 4 categories react to the traffic density slider, and to have more of what has your interest and less of what is just something nice to meet in the air, but not too often.

Allowed values are -999 to 99 . -999 means you see all military traffic with all sliders, 99 means you see it with 100% setting only.

#76 0Artur0

0Artur0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:20 AM

Thanks for the explanation!
I know, manual is my friend, sorry for my laziness, I'm usually not at home when browsing these forums and don't have manual on the reach. Thanks again!

#77 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,415 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the explanation!
I know, manual is my friend, sorry for my laziness, I'm usually not at home when browsing these forums and don't have manual on the reach. Thanks again!

I'm fully aware of this, but think that a reference to the manual may help others who read here.

#78 0Artur0

0Artur0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

I'm fully aware of this, but think that a reference to the manual may help others who read here.

You're right. I checked the manual again and everything is explained there in great detail!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket