The simFlight Network Forums

Registration doesn't work with FSUIPC 3.03

My registration worked with FSUIPC 3.00. I didn't bother to upgrade to FSUIPC 3.03 until I downloaded Service Pack 1 to PMDG 737 TNG, but now my registration doesn't work. I get an error-message that tell me that "Sorry, this key is not a valid 12-character key". I have administrative access rights to my system so that isn't the problem.

Anyone know of a solution to my problem?

Regards,

Karl Johan Sjøen

My registration worked with FSUIPC 3.00. I didn't bother to upgrade to FSUIPC 3.03 until I downloaded Service Pack 1 to PMDG 737 TNG, but now my registration doesn't work. I get an error-message that tell me that "Sorry, this key is not a valid 12-character key". I have administrative access rights to my system so that isn't the problem.

Sorry. It's a long complex story, to do with the differences in the C libraries used by FS and those provided with MSVC++. It seems that the treatment of non-ACII alphabetic character, as for instance one in your surname, is different.

The problem arises that the DEBUG libraries for MCVC++ treat these in the same way as the ones used by FS2004, but the normal run-time libraries don't. So all the testing on the registration system worked fine.

Then, of course, after release, the problems started. I fixed the Key generator first, then FSUIPC to make sure (that was 3.01). But keys generated before that change can cause problems on the later FSUIPC versions. It's a case of two differences versus two differences. There are several combinations.

Anyway, please just write to me on petedowson@btconnect.com with your original email from SimMarket appended and I'll fix you up with a replacement key. Okay?

Pete

Just wanted to give people an update. I wrote an e-mail to Pete with my original registration, and a few hours later I received my new registration key. Thanks for your quick reply Pete.

Regards,

Karl Johan Sjøen