The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
darem

How to add GA Traffic to an airport?

Hi,

just a question: Is it possible to add GA traffic to an airport? I changed and rebuilt a smaller airport in FSX, added some GA ramps and a gate, and now I would like to see some GA traffic there. The airport is NOT included in MyTraffixX, and it has its own entry in the AddonScenery folder.

How could I get this going?

Regards,

bernhard

How to add airports is described in the editor manual. Basically, using the traffic toolbox you export your actual aircraft setting to MyTraffic\airports.txt , then import that file to the editor, so the editor knows about this airport and how many ramps, gates, Cargo areas it has. Th enext time you run a "Create schedules, files and traffic", or specific autoschedulings, it will get filled to the capacity you built in with the traffic that fits to the parkings and the runway.

Burkhard, thanks.

My first problem is that I don't find a "tools" entry in FSX - and nothing that allows me to dump a database of the airports. Yes, I have the SDK installed, although on a dfferent drive, not into FSX. Might this be the problem? And by any chance might you know how this entry would be called in a german FSX installation?

Best,

Bernhard

Installing to a different drive should pose no problem.

For SDK installation see:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.p_%28FSX%29

You'll then have the tools (Extras in German) menu. Inside it will be the dump airports/aircraft selection.

@ Burkhard...maybe we could sticky the above link as this question comes up all the time.

Mike

Having a different location only requires that you define the path with full name in dll.xml, then it works. The German version calls the menu "Extra".

Hi,

just a question: Is it possible to add GA traffic to an airport? I changed and rebuilt a smaller airport in FSX, added some GA ramps and a gate, and now I would like to see some GA traffic there. The airport is NOT included in MyTraffixX, and it has its own entry in the AddonScenery folder.

How could I get this going?

Regards,

bernhard

Well you are having simple problem. Just go through the manual given with the game and select the path given in the game and then check the capacity of the airport you have and then check all the criteria for gate and the other topics. I am sure you will definitely get the solution.

Yes, therie is an easy way that lets your computer do all the work for you, provided you have FSX professional or Gold, the SDK installed and working.

Then you basically use the dump airport function provided by FSX SFK, use the pathes as shown in the MyTraffic editor manual, start the MyTraffic editor, open the database, import airports.txt, run a new creat schedules, files and traffic, so it is about ten mouth clicks, a few letters to enter once, and 3 hours of computing.