6 replies to this topic

#1 sxa1376

sxa1376

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:04 AM

Hello my name is George and i want your assistance in order to make a decision about expanding to ESP. I am bulding the cockpit of the A320 with software and hardware from some vendors and i am currently using the FSX as a platform. I just want to ask you about the ESP because to tell you the truth i haven't yet understand what exactly it is. It is a simulation platform like FSX but more advanced? It is a platform only for developers to create simulators? It is both of these two i mentioned? Also could you tell me some features of this product? I have visit the home page of ESP but i haven't as i told you before understand what exactly it is. Many thanks.

#2 n4gix

n4gix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:30 PM

Don't waste your time chasing down ESP. First of all, it was nothing more than FSX with the GUI (Graphic User Interface) removed.

I say "was" because like FSX itself, the product has been discontinued and is no longer being supported. The MS Game Studio (ACES) that wrote the code was disbanded, and the offices are empty.
Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft
Intel® Core™ i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - NVIDIA GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit
NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...
Posted Image

#3 Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas

Former Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

What Bill said.

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides
... and the man's Blog

#4 beatle

beatle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFredericksburg, VA

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

Keep an eye on my blog next week during IITSEC (11/30 - 12/4), I should finally be able to pass along some info on this topic (and explain some of what I've been doing the last 9 months :-> )

Tim
http://beatlesblog.spaces.live.com

#5 westv

westv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • LocationEssex, UK

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

Keep an eye on my blog next week during IITSEC (11/30 - 12/4), I should finally be able to pass along some info on this topic (and explain some of what I've been doing the last 9 months :-> )

Tim
http://beatlesblog.spaces.live.com

No! We all demand you tell us now. :mrgreen: :D :lol:
Victor

#6 beatle

beatle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFredericksburg, VA

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

Today, Lockheed Martin announced it has licensed Microsoft's ESP platform to build new simulation solutions. See my blog post for links to the Press Release.

Tim

#7 Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas

Former Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

Interesting....... not so much for us poor simmers of course.... :wink:

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides
... and the man's Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket