15 replies to this topic

#1 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,441 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:45 AM

The add scenery dialog of FSX works slightly different under W7 than under XP or I forgot that name already :D

Like usual, open the scenery library from FSX, and click onto add . You will see a couple of folder, select MyTraffic or the other scenery that you want to add, and press OK.
This all is as usual.

But now the dialog displays the folders contained in that folder. Just click onto a blank space in there - it will close and the scenery got added. Somebody pointed out that this is common under Windows 7 with applications that do not support Windows Aero, so similar tricks may be needed in many other cases too.

#2 pkofman

pkofman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Locationtoronto canada

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:57 AM

Thanks for this, I would have never done that. I will give it a try and thank you. That is just not intuitive on any level.

Thanks again

Peter
pkofman
peter kofman p.eng
pkofman@rogers.com
http://www.projectcore.com
toronto
ontario canada

#3 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:07 PM

No, it isn't. But this is one of the severest problems I've seen with W7 up to now, and happens to many applications that are not Aero-Compatible that you have to click twice.

#4 pkofman

pkofman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Locationtoronto canada

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

Burkhard, I did this but it still did not add a MYtraffic entry, I did however get a message that the path is already installed. I also think that my installation is not really working perfectly as I would expect a greater extent of aircraft at an airport when the slider is 100%
pkofman
peter kofman p.eng
pkofman@rogers.com
toronto
ontario canada

#5 pkofman

pkofman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Locationtoronto canada

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:11 PM

The add scenery dialog of FSX works slightly different under W7 than under XP or I forgot that name already :D

Like usual, open the scenery library from FSX, and click onto add . You will see a couple of folder, select MyTraffic or the other scenery that you want to add, and press OK.
This all is as usual.

But now the dialog displays the folders contained in that folder. Just click onto a blank space in there -

it will close and the scenery got added.

ADDED, WHEN I CLICK ON THE BLANK AREA, IT JUST SITS THERE , IT DOES NOT CLOSE, THAT IS THE BEHAVIOUR I WOULD EXPECT BUT NOTHING HAPPENS!
( CAPS, JUST TO SHOW MY COMMENT HERE ), THANKS

Somebody pointed out that this is common under Windows 7 with applications that do not support Windows Aero, so similar tricks may be needed in many other cases too.

pkofman
peter kofman p.eng
pkofman@rogers.com
toronto
ontario canada

#6 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

Let us discuss this special case in the other thread - once we have solved it we can add the solution here. Reading the other reply, it gives you a message that it already has been added, and you cannot add, which I clearly hope you cannoit add it twice since this would kill your installation...

#7 yair1956

yair1956

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:14 AM

This think with the doubl click on empty space, for some reason it doesn't work, I can't load the scenery folder into the libarry. .... any idea ????

#8 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

Try some different part of the empty area, it usually works, there are half a million FSX installations out there under W7 and they all need to do so.

While it is not supported by Microsoft and strongly disrecommended, you can also edit C:\users\all users\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg and all the section there manually. If you have no other addon installed, the right section would be:
[Area.116]
Title=MyTraffic
Local=MyTraffic
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=115

Otherwise you have to find the lowest free number yourself.

#9 yair1956

yair1956

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

Lost:(
I clicked all over, and, nothing is happening. I get to see the fsx\my Trafic\Scenery\*.bgl on Explorer, so they are there.
Now:
When I go to the Communicator view the Scenery.cfg file, I see 126 areas, where the last once are UTX.
When I go to the Scenery.cfg that is under yair\appdata\roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ …. I see only 116 areas, no sign of UTX
So:
I add
[Area.117]
Title=MyTraffic
Local=MyTraffic
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=117

Nothing is happening
Where do I go from here ???

P.S
It is a fresh FSX Installation I did not add any WOAI.
My Trafficboard doesn’t work as well

#10 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:13 PM

If I understand correctly you are looking under your private user profile. The scenery.config used by FSX is in the all users part of the profiles. Sorry, all beta testers told Microsoft they were going to produce a mess, and all ACES team members knew so, but the ideology of Vista in these times made any meaningful decision impossible.

#11 yair1956

yair1956

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

u got it right, however, there is no all user in Win7, we got Pblic, which I guess replaced the old All User, so I'm looking in the Public folder but there is no sigh of any kind of *.cfg files, I'm runing search and it finds only the Scenery.cfg under my personal profile ??????????????????
BTW
I see the MyTrafic (2 subfolders: communicator & Traficboard)folder under my personal profile as well
I still do not understand where is the commnicator taks the view of the cfg file from
& I see that the Mange FSX.cfg is picking the file from my Personal Profile.

Appreciate your help

Yair

#12 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:01 AM

There is an all users folder in W7. By default it is hidden though.

Try the following, at least works here:

From the start menu select run... Into the little window then paste:
c:\users\All Users\Microsoft\FSX

and I hope a window will open that shows you the scenery.cfg used by FSX.

#13 Andydigital

Andydigital

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationMacclesfield

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

I get to see the fsx\my Trafic\Scenery\

You have gone too far if you see this path in FSX library manager. Click the white space when you get to fsx\MyTraffic, if you try to click white space from within the scenery folder it wont work. Or at least that's how I remember it anyway.

supporter1.jpg
Cheers,
Andy.

#14 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:16 AM

Thats true. In FS since I'm onboard ( FS95 ), a scenery folder is a folder that contains at least one subfolder \scenery, often a subfolder \texture, and sometimes some more folders. So, the scenery folder is MyTraffic, not MyTraffic\scenery.

#15 yair1956

yair1956

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:40 AM

... this thing with the double click is weird and a bit tricky, but, I got it, and we got the traffic (Dramatic drop on FPM), however:

*My TrafficBoard is not working
*My Fscommander doesn't display any aircraft other them mine (interface with WideClinet) I 'm running Plan -G and over there it's okay.
*For some reason I lost the green light beam on top of the Control Tower (KSAN) not sure if there is any connection but it's gone right after I got he traffic running..

..so, I guess I stile need some "good" advices :lol:

Tnx for everything

Yair

#16 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:05 AM

MyTrafficBoard no longer exists since a while. What we offer you is the demo of Super Traffic Board, which has all the brilliant features of this brilliant program but is limited in its usage to EGLL as airport.

FS Commander I know nothing about.

The MyTraffic scenery not only contains the 4 traffic bgls, but also the 2000+ enhanced airports. If you used any addon airports, you should move MyTraffic in the scenery library belkow dem, best between addon scenery and propellor objects.

..so, I guess I still need some "good" advices ( or read the manuals :lol: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket