5 replies to this topic

#1 emmemm

emmemm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

Hallo,
I'm new here on this forum and have the following problems: I lost the localisers at PAWG and PAPG after completing all installions. I using Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords, Glacier Bay 2 and Freight Dogs in FS 2004! The second problem is, after activating the tickpoints at all configscreens and the bat file afor Misty - no ice at all!

#2 BC_Holger

BC_Holger

Product Support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • LocationSidney, B.C.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:31 AM

Hi there,

first time I ever heard of anyone losing airport features in the Tongass Fjords area. Is it possible that you have any other replacement AFCAD files installed because ours don't change the default instrumentation (with the exception of PAJN's curved approach provided with Glacier Bay v2)?

Did you install our files into a location different from the default \FSADdon directory? If so that would prevent the configurators from working correctly. Another possible cause could be overly protective file read/write permissions in your system. Are there any error messages when you close the configurators? Do all of the other configurator options work properly?

Cheers, Holger

#3 emmemm

emmemm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:29 AM

Holger, many thanks for Your replay.
I've checked the whole FS2004 for PAWG and PAPG AF2files by search function - only active are
AF2_PAPG.bgl and AF2_PAWG.bgl in \FSAddon\Tongass Fjords\Tongass Fjords scenery\scenery
AF2_ PAPG_elevation_adjustment.bgl and AF2_PAWG_elevation_adjustment.bgl in \Scenery\world\scenery

Also I've deactivated, one by one, all scenerys installed after MF, TF and Glacier, like SIRP, Vancouver, Victoria and the Pete & Sids airports - but no sucsess, the localizers remains gone.
If the default files are corupted, overwritten or what ever, can you tell me which APXXXXXX.bgl contains PAPG and PAWG? So, I would try to reinstall it from the FS2004 CD.

Thanks for help
Manfred

#4 BC_Holger

BC_Holger

Product Support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • LocationSidney, B.C.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

Hi Manfred,

that would be AP912110.bgl for both PAPG and PAWG. Also, if you want to cross-test by temporarily removing our files those would be the four you've listed though the two "elevation adjustment" files contain only altitude data.

Cheers, Holger

#5 emmemm

emmemm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:17 PM

Hi Holger, now it works!
Some addon scenery had forced me to replace the AP912110.bgl. It must be some times ago and i can't remember which and why. Now i changed back to the original and the localizers are back.
I discovered also some ice strictly within the borders of MF, and TF and only at the inland waters. No ice at the rivermouthes and coastal waters. Maybe i had wrong expectations about the ice, because i had an russian arctic scenery in FS2002 which turns the water of the whole world into ice.
Thank You very much for Your help and the wonderfull scenerys
Manfred

#6 BC_Holger

BC_Holger

Product Support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • LocationSidney, B.C.

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

Hallo Manfred,

great to hear that you were able to restore the AP file.

Indeed, the frozen water is restricted to the Misty Fjords to Glacier Bay area and also only affects water bodies at elevations higher than sea level. That's pretty much the way it is in the real world at those latitudes as well.

Cheers, Holger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket