The simFlight Network Forums

User Manual For FSUIPC

I recently purchased the registered version of FSUIPC and installed the program into my FS2004 Flight sim. I have looked all over my files but cannot find any kind of instruction manual or tutorial of some sort to teach me how to use the program. Is such a manual available? If so, what do I do to obtain the manual.

Buzz Jameson

I recently purchased the registered version of FSUIPC and installed the program into my FS2004 Flight sim. I have looked all over my files but cannot find any kind of instruction manual or tutorial of some sort to teach me how to use the program.

Inside the ZIP file which contained the FSUIPC Installer there was a document explaining how to install and register the program. At the beginning of that there are details explaining the files that would be installed and where they could be found. Did you not even bother to read what was provided? It wasn't too long, and this information is all in the first half-page, so it wouldn't have taken you long! Why skip it and then spend time instead asking here?

All current versions of the Installer, those which install a Supported Version of the program, place all the documents and examples into a folder called "FSUIPC Documents" inside your FS Modules folder, next to FSUIPC itself. The instruction would have told you this if you'd read them, and the name of the folder isn't really too obscure.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Gosh, Pete, that's a pretty harsh response to someone who just paid you money and asked an innocent question. I had exactly the same the same question. I purchased the registered version and installed it. Yes, I saw the "Installation and Registration Guide", but no I didn't read the whole thing, nobody does. What I did read were the big red letters on the bottom of the first page which read: "The following pages provide full instructions on Installing and/or Registering FSUIPC4, and Registering WideFS7". So I skimmed through those pages as I ran the installer and entered the registration code. The installation completed successfully, so I figured I was done with the "Installation and Registration Guide", because I had successfully installed and registered the software. Then I spent an hour scratching my head and wondering, "What next?". Nothing installed in the Start menu, nothing on the desktop, nothing in the ZIP file named "User Guide" (and why would I re-read the "Installation and Registration Guide" when I had just finished that step?), no "Getting Started" page on the website, nothing appeared in FSX...

So, for the record, after you run the installer, the User Guide and other documentation for FSUIPC can be found here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC Documents

or here if you are using a 64-bit version of Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC Documents

(unless you specified a different folder when you installed FSX)

So, for the record, after you run the installer, the User Guide and other documentation for FSUIPC can be found here:

Which is just as it tells you in the first few lines of the document supplied with the program. I really can't understand why you should criticise that. I can't think of a better place to tell folks what they get and where to find it than at the beginning of the only document actually included in the ZIP. I am certainly not in favour of plastering everything onto people's desktops which are subject to enough nonsense and clutter as it is. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to delete the Adobe Reader icon off my desktops which unnecessarily appears every time they think it necessary I receive another update.

Regard

Pete

I've lost count of the number of times I've had to delete the Adobe Reader icon off my desktops which unnecessarily appears every time they think it necessary I receive another update.

Off topic, but get 'Foxit Reader' instead, its free and loads in a fraction of the time Adobe does, and it can do everything Adobe reader does, I was so impressed with it that I bought the pro version to say thanks even though I didn't really need it.

Off topic, but get 'Foxit Reader' instead, its free and loads in a fraction of the time Adobe does, and it can do everything Adobe reader does, I was so impressed with it that I bought the pro version to say thanks even though I didn't really need it.

Thanks for the info -- I'll certainly check it out!

Pete

• 3 years later...

I have to agree it is a little hard to find, there is so much information and me you we are all a hurry to play with our latest installation /upgrade??. But I have found it Thankyouverymuch.Ilook forward to reading it all at some stage.But we only look at instructions when it goes wrong.A HUGE THANK YOU to all who put time and effort into making FSX what it is ....Just love my Dodo206 Cheers

• 10 months later...

Thank you for the answer edmax. Registered user of fsuipc 3 and 4 and widefs..

I goggled "FSUIPC manual" and found your post Thank you.

Thank you for updating FSUIPC so fast Pete it was the #1 reason I bought version 4 and also for the documentation. I cant wait to map my 60 odd buttons with the help of your manuals.

• 1 year later...
On 3/27/2010 at 2:54 AM, Pete Dowson said:

Inside the ZIP file which contained the FSUIPC Installer there was a document explaining how to install and register the program. At the beginning of that there are details explaining the files that would be installed and where they could be found. Did you not even bother to read what was provided? It wasn't too long, and this information is all in the first half-page, so it wouldn't have taken you long! Why skip it and then spend time instead asking here?

All current versions of the Installer, those which install a Supported Version of the program, place all the documents and examples into a folder called "FSUIPC Documents" inside your FS Modules folder, next to FSUIPC itself. The instruction would have told you this if you'd read them, and the name of the folder isn't really too obscure.

Pete

Pete,

I fully understand your point but even the most thourough and best of us cannot remember everything. I work on a very complex project where my "hard-drive" (Brain) is actually full and there is little space left for extras. I need memos.Even pilots need check-lists not because they are dumb but because they need them to memorise things for safety reasons. May I suggest the following; when Installing FSUIPC create a shortcut on the desktop or any other site where it can be found easily that reads "FSUIPC DOCS". You have created a great product but one of the major flaws of Software designers is that they tend to forget who buys their product and that these people DO NOT spend day and night on that same product. 

9 hours ago, Erikviktor1 said:

May I suggest the following; when Installing FSUIPC create a shortcut on the desktop or any other site where it can be found easily that reads "FSUIPC DOCS".

No, I really hate those installers which litter my screen with icons, and I will not beome a maker of one of them. Sorry.

9 hours ago, Erikviktor1 said:

they tend to forget who buys their product and that these people DO NOT spend day and night on that same product. 

Just reading the "Read Me" type document included in the ZIP you have to open doesn't seem like a big chore, and it sure only needs reading once. Certain not a day and night job!

Pete