The simFlight Network Forums

Aerosoft AirbusX commands (+throttle) upd 16th, Sept

guenseli

EDIT: the log says there's a missing ")"?

could it be, that the lines are ipc.writeLvar("L:AS_FADEC_0"), 4096 - (9 * ipcPARAM / 4)?

Ah, sorry. Anotheer typo! I am getting careless, sorry.

No, not ipc.writeLvar("L:AS_FADEC_0"), 4096 - (9 * ipcPARAM / 4),

but

ipc.writeLvar("L:AS_FADEC_0", 4096 - (9 * ipcPARAM / 4))

The parentheses enclose the parameters for the writeLvar call.

I would have thought that you'd have been able to fix that, with all of your Lua experience?

Pete

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought that you'd have been able to fix that, with all of your Lua experience?

No, you are completely wrong :mrgreen:

Thats the difference between a programmer (you) and a graphic designer (me): abstract thinking!

I can fiddle out the Variables from addons and compile them together using existing codes.

But I'm not able to figure out new calculations and program codes! No way! I couldn't... :roll:

But I can find nice colors for the codes, if you like :lol:

(But to be honest, I have found out where the ")" belongs, but haven't reported it immediately :wink: )

I have played around a bit and it is working very well!

Better than fiddling around with detends...

Also TOGA and Idle is working here

Only the range of the throttles isn't suitable for me as I don't want to have reversers there.

Reversers work with "F2" in the Bus...

I will try a bit with the range when I have time!

thanks, Pete!!!

many Airbus customers will be happy about that possibility! :mrgreen:

Send a big hug to Paul Midd from me and a couple of thousand other Airbus X fans as well then, those fast increase decrease parameters are the icing on the cake. :wink:

Did you find the TCAS mode selector parameters yet by any chance on your travels? Do not go hunting for them now if you haven't found them yet, it's no big deal just a gentle reminder from our email last week, you deserve a break from this anyway, time for you to go flying this wonderful bird for a while and enjoy all the wonderful work you have done mate. :lol:

Hi Andy,

thanks for your kind words!

Very apprechiated!!

I have not forgotten the TCAS; just found it as I deleted "increase HDG and SPD" on my TO DO list.

Shame on me that I haven't thought about the faster SPD and HDG by myself. Its really a big improvement :mrgreen:

Haven't searched or asked about the TCAS.

Finn from Aerosoft is under pressure with SP1 :wink:

And I have unfortunately the time I wanted to have...

But time will bring.... sure and promised if possible!

Did you find the TCAS mode selector parameters yet by any chance on your travels?

The sorted list of the AirbusX L:Vars i attached to another thread near here contains these TCAS related variables:

L:ASC_TCAS_ClearOfConflict

L:ASC_TCAS_ClimbClimb

L:ASC_TCAS_ClimbClimbNow

L:ASC_TCAS_DecentDescent

L:ASC_TCAS_DecentDescentNow

L:ASC_TCAS_SystemTestOk

L:ASC_TCAS_TRAFFICTRAFFIC

L:TCAS_Mode

L:TCAS_Mssg_Trigger

I should imagine the emboldened one is relevant, but without using the L:Var logging whilst operating the selector I couldn't say what values it takes.

I attach another copy of the complete list.

Regards

Pete

AirbusX Lvars.zip

Many thanks for that list, Pete!

the right variable is

L:Mod_Xponder_mode

I have already made another update with some further commands.

will upload it in a few minutes!

One question comes to my mind.... I will send you a mail, Pete.

(Edit: Ah no, disregard! :wink: )

Thank you!

Günter

I have the AirbusX now for almost 2 weeks and it was a very mixed experience so far.

I also have the VRInsight MCP Combo and initially started with guenseli's (Günther?) lua scripts to get it working with the A320. Thanks for publishing that since it got me started.

But the classic way of using SerialFP2 to program the keys, find available key commands and assign it has been tedious.

I don't know how others are doing it but I found a way of not using SerialFP2 or use a virtual serial port to connect switches from the VRInsight with the Airbus directly.

All is in the lua file, I have programmed to detect if an AirbusX is selected.

Needless to say that you need the registered version of FSUIPC and you need the latest version you can download from this forum (4.627) because the 4.60 somehow does not work the same.

Place the attached VRI_Handler.lua file (unzipped) in the modules folder of FSX. FSX should not run when you do that.

Edit the file to set 2 things:

a) the COM port of your MCP Combo

go to the line where it says

VRIdevice = "COM4"

Find out what port SerialFP2 usually connects to when started and use that instead of my setting

b) Supported AirbusX variants

at the bottom of the file look for

if string.match(acftname,"Airbus A320 NIKI") or
     string.match(acftname,"Airbus A320 British Airways")

to add another version of the plane to be supported go to the SimObjects\Airplanes folder

and pick the "Aerosoft Airbus X A32x..." folder you want to add

For example I want to add the Air Berlin A321:

\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 CFM

Open the aircraft.cfg file in an editor and look for the title string of the type you want to add

e.g. "Airbus A321 AIR BERLIN" in my sample

in the lua file below the line

add

string.match(acftname,"Airbus A321 AIR BERLIN") or

so in the end it should look like

string.match(acftname,"Airbus A321 AIR BERLIN") or
     string.match(acftname,"Airbus A320 British Airways")

repeat for every other type you want to add

That is it.

To use you should have the following sequence of events:

Turn on VRInsight MCP Combo and make sure it is not allocated by SerialFP2

Start FSX

Switch to one of the registered AirbusX types and you should be able to control things from the MCP Combo.

I attach a map of switches and what they do:

There is NO feedback from FSX to the MCP, only one way communication. If I find out how to do the other thing I let you know.

This is my first lua script - if there are things I could do better - let me know, hope it works for you guys as well as it does here.

Kosta

VRI_Handler.zip

post-38886-128689723205_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

Please could you help? I recently downloaded this Lua Code document for the Airbus X and although some of the parameters function by configuring the buttons via FSUIPC I can't seem to configure the EFIS - Knob for controlling the Arc, Rose etc view and the knob next to it that controls the zoom increments!! Are there any codes for these within the text file as discussed above or is there a seperate code for these somewhere within this forum? Hope this makes sense? Im looking to build an A320 Cockpit with the use of Aerosofts Airbus X as its main software!! Therefore I am making sure that the planes functions can respond to my button controls via FSUIPC before agreeing on using it in full.

Oh and I also noticed that there werent any coding for the MCDU buttons???

Hope you can help,

Kind regards

Jay