The simFlight Network Forums
Perry

Runtime error 52? (answered)

I have networked my Windows XP with Flight Sim 2004 to a Laptop running Vista, Wide FS installed. Whilst running the FS Commander 8.2.1 Database Manager at 94% a Runtime error 52 appears. I have the upgrade to bring FS Commander up to current version but I was advised to run the Database Manager first.

Not certain what this means and how to fix ....... help!!!!! :D

Hi Volker, I have the same error as said above; I tried to go to the link you mention here but it is no more accessible. What should I do? I'm with the latest update of FSC with FSX running under Windows 10 pro. The error happened suddenly without reason while updating the database. FSX on the other hand runs perfectly well and I suppose if there was an error in the scenery.cfg file it would corrupt FSX and prevent it from running.

Best

Claude

4 hours ago, Volker Heine said:

Hello Claude,

Please read and answer here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/60271-important-everyone-please-read/

Regards,
Volker

Hi again, 

Perhaps if you had read carefully my question you would have noticed that I gave you 3 answers out of the 8 so nicely put to your dear customers !

So to make it clear for you:

1. FS X, FS2004(FS9) or Prepar3D (Version) ---------------------------------------------------> FSX acceleration sp2
2. FSUIPC* / WideFS which version used ("latest version" is not sufficient)-----------------> Version 4.971; I don't use WideFS
3. I use the FSC in a network!---------------------------------------------------------------------> NO                                                                  

4. FS Commander and Database Manager-------------------------------------------------------> Version 9.7 Built 2017/08/21 
5. Which provider and period of the AIRAC Cycle------------------------------------------------> NA
6. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Downloaded version bought at Simmarket and updated regularly since                                                                                                                                                                         version 8.3 acquired in 2008.
7. Operating System (Windows 7/8/10 32/64, Vista 32/64, XP, 2000) -------------------------> Windows 10 64bits, Intel processor i5  760à2.8GHz 16Go Ram

Graphic card Asus HD 7950Direct CUII TOP 3Gb Memory

8. How many monitors are used:--------------------------------------------------------------------> 2 monitors: one 1920x1080 ; the second 1360x768 (FSC is                                                                                                                                                                                              positioned on this screen

I suggest that a special page totally independent of the forum be dedicated to the support of your software as this is done with all software providers I've been using for the last 20 years. A form would be presented to your customer to fill and that would prevent you from asking them to go to the link you suggest to read; the page would be declared in the menus of your website under the title : support.

The forum should be restricted to discussions on different topics not related to any kind of malfunction of the software.

Sorry to be so straightforward but honestly I'm not used to get such rather uncourteous replies, I'm not a child and consider that at 76 could be treated in an other way.. You may think that I'm very touchy, that's the way I've been educated.

Best

Claude ROZSA
Paris-France

2 hours ago, Volker Heine said:

Hello Claude,

Try to reproduce the error again.
If the error message appears again please send the complete subfolder /SUPPORT to my e-mail address.
The address can be found here: www.fscommander.com

Regards,
Volker

Good morning,

We have a situation here; I did what you suggested and find the Support subfolder empty as you can check with the attached screen capture.....It remains so even after I type "ok" in the error message and leave the program.

Best

Claude

screenshot_20171207_083139.jpg

Last minute info: I've just added a new addon and updated the database and the program works again with no error message! This is something curious the least one can say....

Claude

Hi Claude,

Last minute info: I've just added a new addon and updated the database and the program works again with no error message!
This is something curious the least one can say....

However, I still recommend reading the important text in the following document:
http://forum.simflight.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=103451

I also recommend installing the affected programs as described in the recommendations.

The folder C:\Program Files (x86) is not suitable for installing programs that need to communicate with each other.

Volker

2 hours ago, Volker Heine said:

Hi Claude,

However, I still recommend reading the important text in the following document:
http://forum.simflight.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=103451

I also recommend installing the affected programs as described in the recommendations.

The folder C:\Program Files (x86) is not suitable for installing programs that need to communicate with each other.

Volker

Volker,

I have read the different txt and other manuals as I always do for anything I buy. It happens that the version prior to 9.7 which I had was not concerned by Win10 which did not exist at that time so what was said for VISTA did not concern me for the upgrade and moreover the characters used in the installation programs are so small that one can very easily miss the point. The use of Capitals for such important message should be mandatory in the installation program.

As for the Administrator installation part, I always do so and even execute FSX as an administrator and have not restricted to only me the use of the program.

It seems to me that the flaw here is that obviously the installation program doesn't completely  look at the registries to establish the paths needed.

In the same way one can't ask a user to have a separate drive or disk for each program he uses although disks' costs are much cheaper today than they used to be in the past. Moreover to have too many disks would result in a huge problem when security backup are concerned.

I will change FSC from Program files XXX to follow what has been news for me under Win10 but it's out of question that I should reinstall FSX and all my addons freeware and payware considering the most stupid addon manager ever built in FSX.

Thanks

Claude

Claude: With all due respect, with your attitude my suggestion is for you to find other software that suites you and perhaps you can understand.

My experience has been that FSC's costumer support, i.e., Mr Heine,  has always gone beyond attempting to resolve issues when they are software related and when required incorporate solutions into new software versions.  However, not much he can do to resolve installations issues like you are apparently having.

6 hours ago, jgar said:

Claude: With all due respect, with your attitude my suggestion is for you to find other software that suites you and perhaps you can understand.

My experience has been that FSC's costumer support, i.e., Mr Heine,  has always gone beyond attempting to resolve issues when they are software related and when required incorporate solutions into new software versions.  However, not much he can do to resolve installations issues like you are apparently having.

Good morning,

A/ Who said Mr. Heine didn't try to solve problems? Not I in the least,

B/ I made suggestions to enable the ending to the problem encountered which obviously I was not the only one to face. For instance the installation programs of FLIGTH1 (i.e. Gex for example) by default put the software in the root of the C: drive. That could be done with FSC and would prevent the problem posted by Volker here and in the long paper posted in his pdf file.

C/ May I remind you this French say in the famous play "The marriage of Figaro" adapted to the opera by Mozart: "Without the liberty to blame or criticize there are no flattering praise"; I will add a second one : "Never put your finger between the tree and the bark". If Volker has complaints against me, he's a big boy and can do those directly to me without your assistance.

D/ May I remind you Volker's comment in his post which link you have above, one should sign his messages and also a "...A little "Hi" or "Hi Sascha* / Volker" or
something like that might not be to time-consuming for the sender...."

Topic closed  and solved as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks Volker for your help.

Claude