The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and Saitek software

I have a licensed copy of FSUIPC and just purchased a Saitek Pro Yoke. I want to be sure I that I only need FSUIPC to integrate Saitek equipment and do not need to install Saitek's software. I hope that I can use FSUIPC exclusively to integrate any equipment.

So my question is, do I need to use Saitek software to integrate their equipment?

Thanks,

Brad

I have a licensed copy of FSUIPC and just purchased a Saitek Pro Yoke. I want to be sure I that I only need FSUIPC to integrate Saitek equipment and do not need to install Saitek's software. I hope that I can use FSUIPC exclusively to integrate any equipment.

So my question is, do I need to use Saitek software to integrate their equipment?

If Windows recognises all of the buttons and axes, and there are no displays to update, then you don't need anything else but FS. You can use FSUIPC too, if you wish. I don't know what the Saitek software does. Just look in Windows Game Controllers, make sure everything you need is seen by Windows.

Regards

Pete

Brad

You do NOT need to use the SST (programming) software just FSX, and FSUIPC(4) if you need the extra extensive commands.

The Saitek driver software is useful to have as it gives quite a bit of info if you want to initially calibrate in Windows.

If you do use the SST programming software try to make sure that you do not have any duplicate assignments in it and FSUIPC.

I just use the driver software, FSX and FSUIPC4.

Regards

PeterH :rolleyes:

FWIW, if you install the Saitek drivers (not SST software) for the yoke and throttle, it will enalbe both the model wheel (right index finger) and the clock/timer on the front of the yoke. With the model wheel enabled by the driver, you can tripple the number of buttons on the yoke and throttle.

Thanks for the responces. They were helpful and I made good progress. Programming is a little confusing at first when I relazied there are many places to assign buttons, FSX, FSUIPC and add-ons like Level D. I was able to get basic yoke functions including pitch trim and flaps working with FSX.

Where I had a problem was programming the red button on the right side of the Saitek Pro Yoke. I want to assign this as an auto-pilot disconnect, "bar" on 767. Both FSX and Level-D indicates the "Z" key. After implementing, the Z key and or the red button would move the bar up or to the on position but would not disconnexct, move the bar down.

Any ideas and thanks again,

Thanks for the responces. They were helpful and I made good progress. Programming is a little confusing at first when I relazied there are many places to assign buttons, FSX, FSUIPC and add-ons like Level D. I was able to get basic yoke functions including pitch trim and flaps working with FSX.

Where I had a problem was programming the red button on the right side of the Saitek Pro Yoke. I want to assign this as an auto-pilot disconnect, "bar" on 767. Both FSX and Level-D indicates the "Z" key. After implementing, the Z key and or the red button would move the bar up or to the on position but would not disconnexct, move the bar down.

Any ideas and thanks again,

You don't want to program the hard-AP disconnect (bar). What you're looking for (IIRC), is the soft-AP disconnect which you program via a key-combination in the Level-D keys menu. Then assign that same key-stroke in FSUIPC for the red button. Make sure the key-stroke is not already used in the FSX key assignemnts or elsewhere. The same holds true the soft-AT disconnect for your left forefinger button on the yoke. The PMDG aircraft work the same way.

FWIW, if you install the Saitek drivers (not SST software) for the yoke and throttle, it will enalbe both the model wheel (right index finger) and the clock/timer on the front of the yoke. With the model wheel enabled by the driver, you can tripple the number of buttons on the yoke and throttle. [/Quote].

Are you sure about the tripling of function (Modes 1,2,3) with only he drivers? I'm using Saitek Pro yoke, an extra throttle quadrant, and the pro rudder pedals along with the SST software. I believe Saitek requires it in order to get all three modes. If I'm wrong please tell me and I will try it with drivers only.

Yes, I'm sure. You have to edit the FSUIPC.ini file by hand. I had it setup this way for a long time but after I bought the TrackIR5 and started to rely on VC interaction, I dropped back to one level (Model 1) of hardware buttons. Life is sooo much simpler now. :cool: