#1 Skidmark

Skidmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationCentral Virginia USA

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and what it is like. ProFlightSimulator They make a lot of big claims on their website but from what I can see of the screenshots, the graphics of the terrain etc look like crap. Neither do I don't like being suckered into a situation where you start out with something that is supposed to be the greatest only to find out that it only covers a small part of the world and you have to rob a bank to get the rest of it. After Microsoft, Orbx, and Auran, I have definitely learned to read between the lines before buying simulation software.
Posted Image
AMD Athlon 64X2 dual core 6000+ processor, 3 gig ram, Nvidia Geforce 8800 Ultra

#2 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,347 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

Well don't believe a word of this one at all. It's a scam.

This "new sim" is simply a compilation of an old version of the Open Source Flightgear project. It is NOT a new sim, it is NOT "better than FSX" and the current version is available without any charge at all here: http://www.flightgear.org/

Link on the Flightgear site discussing this here: http://www.flightgea...hp?f=17&t=10039

Ian P.
Posted Image

#3 Skidmark

Skidmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationCentral Virginia USA

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:27 AM

Thanks for the info Ian. Very helpful. I checked out the link you posted and it agrees with you. RIP OFF. I have no flight sim on any of my computer anymore but still check out this forum occasionally to check on you guys.
Posted Image
AMD Athlon 64X2 dual core 6000+ processor, 3 gig ram, Nvidia Geforce 8800 Ultra

#4 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

Well there's nowt stopping you installing Flightgear and playing with that? :)

Ian P.
Posted Image

#5 rnc

rnc

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

I believe that their genius is in marketing rather than software development. All the "reviews", regardless of where on the net you find them, have the same wording and are
all SO positive. When you try to order their $49.95 "Special Offer" you are confronted w/a $79.95 "world scenery" option as the base program only comes w/the San Fransisco area. AND, if you want the physical DVDs, you (after you have placed your order and are given your download code) they want an additional $49.95!! What are lifetime updates worth if you are starting off with 10 year old code and data ? btw - A question posed to their tremendous customer support staff Tuesday was acknowledged (and given a tracing number) on Thursday and has yet to be answered. rnc

#6 dinj

dinj

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

I hope you have better luck than I did. After a few weeks of really trying it out, I wa disappointed and decided to get my money back. And there's the rub - there is no way to get your money back. I opened up 3 alleged 'tickets' and recevied absolutely nothing!!!!!! Totally bogus!

#7 MMCMSW

MMCMSW

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

Super rip off. I spend big bucks on this program that doesn't work on my system. I have a high end game computer. I have asked for a refund from the ?company early on and all I have gotten is excuses and what I need to do to make it work. I did everything they told me now it doesn't even load. Don't recommend this program for anyone. If you want a good flight simulator program stick with the Microsoft programs. Even the disks they sent to me look like cheap foreign copies. BEWARE!!!!!

#8 MMCMSW

MMCMSW

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

I hope you have better luck than I did. After a few weeks of really trying it out, I wa disappointed and decided to get my money back. And there's the rub - there is no way to get your money back. I opened up 3 alleged 'tickets' and recevied absolutely nothing!!!!!! Totally bogus!

Only three "tickets" I have sent about a dozen and still only get the response it is my or my computer's fault it doesnt work right. You are right though.............. getting your money back is no longer and option.

#9 Mach3.5

Mach3.5

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

Only three "tickets" I have sent about a dozen and still only get the response it is my or my computer's fault it doesnt work right. You are right though.............. getting your money back is no longer and option.

I too gave Pro Flight Simulator $128 for a rather crude, rebranded FlightGear open source download, but I got my money back. Your purchase most likely went through ClickBank, a processing house in Boise, Idaho. To contact them, I called my bank and they gave me the telephone number for ClickBank. I don't have a record of that number, but I Googled the company and came up with this number on another forum: 800.390.6035. Then I went to the Yellow Pages at http://www.anywho.com and found this number: 208.345.4245. If those don't work, call your bank's help department. Their 800 number should be on the back of your credit or debit card.

I called ClickBank within 60 days of purchase, and they immediately issued me a $128 credit with no questions asked--it was a very quick and smooth transaction.

I read ClickBank's policies, and it appears that, even if your purchase was more than 60 days in the past, you may still be able to get a refund. I think you can get your money back if you explain the scam to them.

I wish I could go to Australia and beat that hijo de puta Dan Freeman into a quivering, groveling, bloody pulp. But that's just me. :-)

#10 andre1621

andre1621

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Full refound

img/roundcornerslt.jpg img/roundcornersrt.jpg Ticket status: Waiting reply from staff [Close ticket] Created on: 2011-08-24 07:28:35 Last update: 2011-12-22 11:40:46 Last replier: Andre Lebrasseur Category: General Queries Replies: 7 Priority: High Printer friendly version img/roundcornerslb.jpg img/roundcornersrb.jpg
img/roundcornerslt.jpg img/roundcornersrt.jpg Date: 2011-08-24 07:28:35 Name: Andre Lebrasseur E-mail: dragon2126 (at) hotmail (dot) com
I have downloaded Proflight from your site and i'm not satisfied of the result of this program,and i want to be refounded for this purchase,i have tied your flight simulator and now way that this program is better then Microsoft,you may have more planes that about it,most of them are not working for these reason i am asking to be refounded for the full amount.

Andre Lebrasseur
Date: 2011-08-24 21:57:38 Name: Lisa A

We are sorry that you did not like your purchase.

I will have this ticket number forwarded to the Refunds Department to process your request.

If you need further help, please add a reply to this ticket.

Thanks.

Lisa A
Customer Support
ProFlightSimulator.com
Date: 2011-08-25 06:45:17 Name: Andre Lebrasseur
Thank you Lisa Date: 2011-09-29 19:56:13 Name: Andre Lebrasseur

Still no refound issue for this purchase. Date: 2011-11-05 19:28:18 Name: Andre Lebrasseur

I am still waiting to get my refound is there a problem???

Andre Date: 2011-12-01 07:35:26 Name: Andre Lebrasseur
How long those it take to get a refund for this order????? Date: 2011-12-14 20:44:56 Name: Andre Lebrasseur
I guess you will not respect your garentee of 60 days money back if not satisfied with this product.You leave me no choice then to take care of this matter my way,on top of all you don't even respond to your claim tikets.I have paid you $ 98.99 for this downloaded program.

Case Tracking ID: HDH12RG9A4 Date: 2011-12-22 11:40:46 Name: Andre Lebrasseur
Why dont you answer my request to be refunded,is this the way you run you company,by not respecting you garantee after purchasing if so i will advise any one asking me for this simulator,that it is a piece of junk and if they want a real flight simulator to look for Microsoft.
I got this proflight simulator my self about for month ago i am still waiting for my refund,i paid $ 98.99 for this junk,very nice site they have at proflight simulator,they say more plane and more scenery and better then Microsoft bla bla bla and more,i dont recommand to anyone to spend money for this junk,they dont even answer any email sent to them here some email sent to them.

#11 DDQ

DDQ

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hello,
I have the same problem. Indeed, a very nice site with plenty blabla. But I didn't like the program because the graphics are really awfull. So I sent an e-mail that I didn't like the program, thinking that i would be refunded, but the promised refund within 60 days never happened. So my 100$ are gone. I urge everybody NOT to buy this program because first of all it sucks (especially with os windows 7), and secondly you will never be refunded.!! So it is just a site that is stelling money. Please let everybody know not to buy anything from proflight simulator.

#12 proflightsimulator review

proflightsimulator review

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

Sometimes it can be happened. I know that proflight simulator have great support team. you can contact with them with your problem. but one thing proflight simulator is better than all other flight sim in the market.

Edit: Sorry, but I needed an end-of-year laugh, so I let this one through.

Please, please, PLEASE do not get taken in by this scam.

Go to Flightgear, download the newer, better, entirely free version of what this scam is trying to sell you. But it IS a scam. It is not illegal to sell Flightgear, that has been confirmed. They are not being defrauded, but you are being sold a free sim. Judge from the earlier posts on this thread whether the "money back" claim is as dishonest and misleading as the claims made about the sim.

Do. Not. Buy. That simple.

Have a good 2012!

Ian Pearson.
Forum Administrator.

#13 Coinoperator

Coinoperator

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hi everyone here.
I'm Hans and live in the Netherlands.

It looks like I been scammed too and I'm affraid that it will be next to impossible to het my money back.

But the worst part is that I bougth this proggy and it doesn't work with my saitek yoke and tqs set
support (that lisa) told me to download and replace the xml file but that didn't work at all.
mentioning this to I never got any reply back and thus I can't even use it,

in the mean time I bought FSX wich worked with the saitek set straight out of the box.
very tempting to buy al that other great cockpit stuff....

Well
93 buck plus the dvd set for 53 bucks....
maybe there is some fun to get from it but I cant get it working.

Is there anyone that managed to get the saitek set working with proflight here and want to share that secret i'd be very happy.

Regards all and TIA
Hans

#14 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hello Hans.

I'm sorry you got taken in by this.

Have you looked at the Flightgear website, regarding getting the sim working with Saitek controls? Their answer may well be to download a newer version of Flightgear, but they may have other suggestions too, which might help with the software you have. They can be found at http://www.flightgear.org/

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Posted Image

#15 signmanbob

signmanbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

I don't understand what the attraction to this ProFlight Simulator is! To me, the screenshots look worse than FS2000. If I was to try a simulator other than FSX, FS9 or XPlane, it would be AeroflyFS.

http://www.aeroflyfs...s/overview.html

Even if it just Switzerland that it covers, the scenery is beautiful and the flight dynamics are supposed to be outstanding.
Just looking at PFS screenshots, I wouldn't touch it.

#16 Coinoperator

Coinoperator

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hi
Thanks for the help but I didn't find a solution at flightgear.
The (*&^*%^ lisa mailed to me last thursday that she would forward my problem to their 2nd line of assist.
Never heard back from them.

In the mean time I opened a Paypal dispute and got the 93 bucks for the program back.
still trying to get a refund on the dvd's

This all said I still wonder if there is a solution to get the Saitek set working on flightgear
after it is a funny idea to get some of the planes working...like the deuche :smile: a car that I once really owned :smile:

Ow
If I really can make someone happy in the Netherlands with copy's of the dvd's tell me.
I'd be more than happy to scam those ass**les back....

Edited by Coinoperator, 08 March 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#17 Coinoperator

Coinoperator

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hi everyone
Be warned that this scammer took a new name.
"virtual pilot pro 3d"

same kind of overdone website
same bank
same "buy 4 dvd's"
same everything else

#18 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, they also advertise on Facebook using a huge number of fake URLs and advertisment headings.

Basically, if it isn't a SIM name (not a site name - they regularly use real sites' URLs to cover their scam) that you recognise, it's probably the same lowlife trying to sell Flightgear.

Ian P.
Posted Image

#19 Bigones

Bigones

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

I bit after seeing the Pro Flight Sim website and advertising lies. Luckily for me I purchased with my CapitalOne MC, which also went through PayPal (I do not have a PayPal account). As soon as I downloaded the sim I didn't like the program. It is not superior to MS Flight sims as they claim. I tried it the next day and liked it less, so I called my CapitalOne MC and explained to the lady I had been scammed. She listened and understood, then connected the two of us with PayPal. I was not impressed with PayPal. But PayPal said they would contact Pro Flight Sim and if no reply in 10 days I would get a refund. Ten days later, no refund, so I called my credit card company again and the lady contacted PayPal. PayPal looked up my case number and found out I was recorded under my wife's name -- what incompetence. I told PayPal the credit card was in my name and I had received an e-mail from PayPal. I let PayPal know they had a problem on their end and I wanted a refund. I also told them they should check on other complaints and think about stopping doing business with Pro Flight Sim. I got a refund in 48 hours -- thanks to my CapitalOne MC.
Anyone thinking about purchasing Pro Flight Sim go to FlightGear and get the exact software for free. Pro Flight Sim is a scam, with lots of advertising hype they are selling what is a free program, which sadly isn't against the law.

#20 Hoorf

Hoorf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSeattle Metro

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:31 AM

Amazingly enough, 2 years ago they tried selling this sim on most of the US Craigslist sites. I had a very busy weekend posting scam-alerts on them all to alert potential buyers that the software is Open Source "FlightGear" and, thus, free of charge. The ads were never again posted on CL after that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket