AAREDSOX327

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:56 AM

Hello fellow simmers!

I have, yet again, another error with FSX. I am getting the OOM error when i fly at Sydney ariport. The loader gets to about 83%, and then i get an error message telling me to exit FSX, change settings, blah blah blah. Ive done some reaserch on this and people said the /3gb switch will help, resetting the FSX.cfg and lowering settings would help. Ive tired all, nada. I have 9.92 gb of free space on C:, and 3.50 GB of RAM.
From what i can guestimate at, is that programs are using up the virtual memory on my RAM, and FSX has nowhere to store its massive memory load, right> or am i wrong?

Thanks for the Help Guys
-BL-
Posted Image
FSX Deluxe SP2 HP Compaq dc7700 Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz, 3.50GB of RAM
GO RED SOX!!

#2 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,503 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Hello fellow simmers!

I have, yet again, another error with FSX. I am getting the OOM error when i fly at Sydney ariport. The loader gets to about 83%, and then i get an error message telling me to exit FSX, change settings, blah blah blah. Ive done some reaserch on this and people said the /3gb switch will help, resetting the FSX.cfg and lowering settings would help. Ive tired all, nada. I have 9.92 gb of free space on C:, and 3.50 GB of RAM.
From what i can guestimate at, is that programs are using up the virtual memory on my RAM, and FSX has nowhere to store its massive memory load, right> or am i wrong?

Thanks for the Help Guys
-BL-

9.9 GB of free disk space is nothing unless it is a very small disk <60 GB. Window only can keep a disk unfragmented if it has 15-20% free space, and virtual memory needs unfragmented disk space.
Disaable all addons as first step, and then enable one after the other to see what your Hardware can actually do. Remember that even with the 3G option, these 3G have to be used for the US and all other running applications - unless you have W7-64 - in which case the 3gb switch does not make any sense.

#3 Marc Anthony Storm

Marc Anthony Storm

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

I wouldnt disable anything. What type of system are you running. I was getting the run out of memory msg a lot and decided to up my ram to 12 gbs on my Windows 7 Home Premium. If your motherboard will support that much then that is the quick solution. I havent run out of memory since November when I last had that window pop up. If you want to see what is in my Rig, go to Marcanthonystorm on YouTube. Good Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket