The simFlight Network Forums

How to remove FSUIPC from computer

Something is interfering with my Flight Simulator programs and therefore I want to completely uninstall

FSUIPC and then install it from scratch.( I use FSX and Windows XP )

How is this done ?

Just delete it! Please refer to the section entitled "Deinstalling" in the user guide where it tells you this!

However, if what you really mean is that you want to restore it to defaults, to delete all your settings, that's not the same thing. In fact deleting the program and putting it back again would accomplish nothing. To delete your settings simply delete the FSUIPC4.INI file, which is the configuration settings file which contains ALL of your assignments and options choices. Delete it from the FSX Modules folder before running FS and all FSUIPC's actions will revert to default -- i.e. no actions at all.

Please always also make sure you are using a current supported version. 4.60 is the earliest for FSX, soon to be replaced by 4.70.

Regards

Pete

Just delete it! Please refer to the section entitled "Deinstalling" in the user guide where it tells you this!

However, if what you really mean is that you want to restore it to defaults, to delete all your settings, that's not the same thing. In fact deleting the program and putting it back again would accomplish nothing. To delete your settings simply delete the FSUIPC4.INI file, which is the configuration settings file which contains ALL of your assignments and options choices. Delete it from the FSX Modules folder before running FS and all FSUIPC's actions will revert to default -- i.e. no actions at all.

Please always also make sure you are using a current supported version. 4.60 is the earliest for FSX, soon to be replaced by 4.70.

Regards

Pete

Thank you for your reply.

Presently I have FSUIPC4, version 4.57 . How can I get your suggested version 4.60 ? Do I have to

purchase it or is it free of charge ?

Thanks

Presently I have FSUIPC4, version 4.57 . How can I get your suggested version 4.60 ? Do I have to

purchase it or is it free of charge ?

All updates are free, and in fact you are encouraged to keep up to date as old versions cannot be supported.

The latest full edition, 4.60a, is available in the usual places -- mainly the www.schiratti/dowson page maintained by Enrico Schiratti. That will be replaced by 4.70 within the next few weeks. That place is documented in the User Guide, and pointed to by the SimMarket purchase site.

You can always check versions and see if there are later ones by visiting the Download Links subforum, here. At present there is a new Installation package there for version 4.638, and an updated module (only), 4.651, which adds a lot more, as listed there in "Updated Modules".

Regards

Pete

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum (been visiting it for ages but never registered till now!!) so glad to be joining you all and, if anyone's out there, maybe you can advise me on FSUIP??

I just bought FSUIP4 and installed/registered it (successfully it said). I have Windows 8.

I kind of expected to SEE something - like an interface or box on my screen saying that I was in FSUIP. However there is no sign of it anywhere.

Does FSUIP just sit in the background doing something unseen? Or should I be able to do something with it?

I really only bought it because people wrote that it was brilliant but it does nothing except make FSX crash.

Serves me right for playing pretend aeroplanes (as my 3 year old rather hurtfully says) on a Friday night but we all do that here right??

Anyway any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

• 1 year later...

Hi, Peter.  Been an FSIUPC user for many years.  Thanks.  Problem is suddenly the same as the poster above stated... get error message saying duplicate FSIUPC found.  Followed all your instructions above including the deinstallation and reinstallation and still no joy.  Have done a cold restart on PC (many times) and still no joy.  Search finds nothing left in memory.  Have scanned forum but none of the solutions suggested work.

Would appreciate any help you can give.

Jeff Even 

Rocklin, CA, USA

Hi, Peter.  Been an FSIUPC user for many years.  Thanks.  Problem is suddenly the same as the poster above stated... get error message saying duplicate FSIUPC found.  Followed all your instructions above including the deinstallation and reinstallation and still no joy.  Have done a cold restart on PC (many times) and still no joy.  Search finds nothing left in memory.  Have scanned forum but none of the solutions suggested work.

Would appreciate any help you can give.

You are adding to a 2-year old thread which was in error as it was.  This thread was about removing FSUIPC, not about any error message, so why are you posting here?

You provide no information except that you get an error message. What version of FS or P3D are you using? FS2002, FS2004, FSX, P3D? What version of FSUIPC are you using -- the number, please. 

I really cannot help without information.

Pete

• 2 years later...

Hello Peter

I have bought Fsuipc and I am using it for first time to install a throttle upgrade.

it will only let me install one function i.e I cant install two throttles.

I dont know if this correct place to contact you.

If you could email your answer I would be grateful

Best regards

Les Trickett

machinerepairs@hotmail.com

34 minutes ago, les trickett said:

I have bought Fsuipc and I am using it for first time to install a throttle upgrade.

it will only let me install one function i.e I cant install two throttles.

FSUIPC has nothing to do with how many devices you connect. How can it possibly stop you? What do you think FSUIPC has to do with installing hardware? It is a software module which interfaces to Flight Simulator, it doesn't handle hardware directly at all!

36 minutes ago, les trickett said:

I dont know if this correct place to contact you.

If you could email your answer I would be grateful

This is the correct Forum for FSUIPC support, but not hardware support. If you cannot connect your second throttle you need to contact the throttle maker

For some reason you added your question to a very old thread with the title "How to Remove FSUIPC from Computer", so is that really what you want to know? If not please post your next question in your own thread with a suitable title -- then others can help if I cannot or when I am away.

I do not support by email.

Pete