The simFlight Network Forums

"duplicate copies of FSUIPC installed" ?

Hello,

Since some weeks, since I changed my old configuration and got new PC materials such as motherboard, graphic card and Windows 7 (64 bits), each time when I'm launching my FS2004 (fs9.1) I get the advice "There are duplicate copies of FSUIPC installed ! Please remove older copies ! etc..". When I 'm clicking on "OK", my FS2004 is shuting down.

I have the "version 3. 9. 8. 0" installed and when I'm looking into the "Modules" folder, in fact there is really only one "FSUIPC.DLL". My "Modules" folder contains following items :

FSUIPC Install

FSUIPC. DLL (version 3. 9. 8. 0)

FSUIPC (configuration parameters)

FSUIPC (register inscription)

FSUIPC (document text)

After 1) suppressing these items and 2) restarting my PC, after 3) having reinstall the downloaded FSUIPC v.3.98, my FS does start normally again. Nevertheless after 2 or 3 times, a week or 2 weeks later, I get the same advice again while trying to open FS.

I'm using a registered FSUIPC for more than 10 years. I never got this problem, neither with Windows Millenium nor with Win XP SP3.

Could you please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Sincerely yours.

Hello,

Since some weeks, since I changed my old configuration and got new PC materials such as motherboard, graphic card and Windows 7 (64 bits), each time when I'm launching my FS2004 (fs9.1) I get the advice "There are duplicate copies of FSUIPC installed ! Please remove older copies ! etc..". When I 'm clicking on "OK", my FS2004 is shuting down.

I moved this out of the "FAQ" subforum into this support forum, because you are asking for support, not looking up a Frequently Asked Question! (You are quite lucky i spotted it so soon -- it could have gone unnoticed for a week or several ;-) )

The message you are seeing occurs when FSUIPC is started and finds FSUIPC already running. That can occur because there are incorrect additional copies of FSUIPC in the main FS folder (whether by the name FSUIPC.DLL or not), or renamed copies in the Modules folder, or, and more usually, because the previous session of FS has actually not yet closed down, and is probably hung.

[

After 1) suppressing these items and 2) restarting my PC, after 3) having reinstall the downloaded FSUIPC v.3.98, my FS does start normally again. Nevertheless after 2 or 3 times, a week or 2 weeks later, I get the same advice again while trying to open FS.

Ah, in that case, it is evidently the third reason: your FS9 is not correctly terminating and leaving FSUIPC still running when you try to run it again. Of the three things you are doing, it is actually only item (2), restarting the PC, which is clearing it.

After closing FS, use the Windows Task Manager to check running processes. Scroll down to find FS9.exe. End that process forcibly, and next time it will load okay.

Something you are using is causing FS9 to hang on termination. That is the cause of the problem. It isn't an uncommon thing, There are a lot of addons which run multiple threads and I think some of them don't get tidied correctly. FSUIPC won't close itself down until everything else has.

Anyway, if you can't isolate the cause, the work-around is to terminate the FS9 process via the Task Manager.

Regards

Pete

After closing FS, use the Windows Task Manager to check running processes. Scroll down to find FS9.exe. End that process forcibly, and next time it will load okay.

Thank you Pete for your quick answer. I apologize for the wrong position of my post. I'm lucky that you 've read it.

Great ! I tried your solution and it worked !

Many thanks. Have a nice sunday.