The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC troubles in FSX

I have been having some difficulties, thinking they were with FS Commander. The online portion where you track your flight with the FSC window, freezes somewhere into the flight. I have discovered that the FSUIPC menu disappears at that time as well. I opened the FSUIPC4 log and discovered that the communication with my FSX is failing.

8267735 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****

8267735 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

8277938 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****

8277938 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

8288141 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****

8288141 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

8298313 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****

8298313 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

8308500 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****

8308516 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

8320344 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****

8320344 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

This is a fully registered copy and I also registered WIDFS7 as well. Please help me resolve this trouble.

I have been having some difficulties, thinking they were with FS Commander. The online portion where you track your flight with the FSC window, freezes somewhere into the flight. I have discovered that the FSUIPC menu disappears at that time as well. I opened the FSUIPC4 log and discovered that the communication with my FSX is failing.

8267735 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****

8267735 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

It would help if you stated the version number of FSUIPC, so I could determine whether the options you can try are included. I think you should first update to the very latest, just in case (4.664 is in the Download Links subforum).

Anyway, what is happening is that SimConnect has stopped responding. Something is killing it. Possibly something earlier in the FSUIPC log might show more about what it might be, but otherwise it might need a SimConnect log instead.

What seems likely is that you have other programs or add-ons using Simconnect and one of those is clobbering it. Perhaps you can list all of the SimConnect-using add-ons you are running so we can proceed with an elimination.

The only thing you can really do in FSUIPC is change the timeout FSUIPC imposes on the time it will allow between getting data from SimConnect. However, although it might be worth trying it just to see, the extended time would mean a poorer service FSUIPC is able to offer to its client programs (i.e. out of data data, or good data less often). But I suspect it won't help in any case because the log shows that the connection won't even re-make -- SimConnect is not even responding to the reconnection attempts.

Anyway, the parameter is

SimConnectStallTime=1

That '1' is 1 second. You can make FSUIPC more lenient to SimConnect performance by increasing it. Try 2, 5, 10. I'm not saying these will fix things, but if they change the results it tells us something about what is going on.

Oh, if you are NOT using FSX with SP2 or Acceleration, then you need to update. The older versions of Simconnect were much more prone to this sort of thing.

Regards

Pete

It would help if you stated the version number of FSUIPC, so I could determine whether the options you can try are included. I think you should first update to the very latest, just in case (4.664 is in the Download Links subforum).

Anyway, what is happening is that SimConnect has stopped responding. Something is killing it. Possibly something earlier in the FSUIPC log might show more about what it might be, but otherwise it might need a SimConnect log instead.

What seems likely is that you have other programs or add-ons using Simconnect and one of those is clobbering it. Perhaps you can list all of the SimConnect-using add-ons you are running so we can proceed with an elimination.

The only thing you can really do in FSUIPC is change the timeout FSUIPC imposes on the time it will allow between getting data from SimConnect. However, although it might be worth trying it just to see, the extended time would mean a poorer service FSUIPC is able to offer to its client programs (i.e. out of data data, or good data less often). But I suspect it won't help in any case because the log shows that the connection won't even re-make -- SimConnect is not even responding to the reconnection attempts.

Anyway, the parameter is

SimConnectStallTime=1

That '1' is 1 second. You can make FSUIPC more lenient to SimConnect performance by increasing it. Try 2, 5, 10. I'm not saying these will fix things, but if they change the results it tells us something about what is going on.

Oh, if you are NOT using FSX with SP2 or Acceleration, then you need to update. The older versions of Simconnect were much more prone to this sort of thing.

Regards

Pete

I have the latest version of FSUIPC, and SP2 for FSX. I use only two programs externally that use the simconnect. FS Flight tracker and FS Commander. FS flight tracker is 9.5.1 and FS commander is version 9. I am using windows XP on a core 2 duo processor with 3GB of RAM. If you need more than that, let me know.

Todd

I have the latest version of FSUIPC, and SP2 for FSX.

What is the version number of this "latest" version of FSUIPC, please? It is no use simply saying "latest" -- folks have said that and been using a very old one. By "latest" they meant the last one they'd bothered to go find or seen on some website somewhere. I need always to know version numbers. They are no so hard to find. On screen in the options, in the Log, in the properties of the DLL.

I use only two programs externally that use the simconnect. FS Flight tracker and FS Commander. FS flight tracker is 9.5.1 and FS commander is version 9. I am using windows XP on a core 2 duo processor with 3GB of RAM. If you need more than that, let me know.

Something is clobbering your SimConnect responses. What about internal SimConnect users, like FSUIPC? PMDG aircraft, for example, and lots of others. You will need to carry out a process of elimination, stopping one at a time.

Did you try making the time longer like I suggested? What were the results?

I'm afraid I am away from tomorrow until March 14th. A little holiday. Apologies therefore for any delays in further responses.

regards

Pete

What is the version number of this "latest" version of FSUIPC, please? It is no use simply saying "latest" -- folks have said that and been using a very old one. By "latest" they meant the last one they'd bothered to go find or seen on some website somewhere. I need always to know version numbers. They are no so hard to find. On screen in the options, in the Log, in the properties of the DLL.

Something is clobbering your SimConnect responses. What about internal SimConnect users, like FSUIPC? PMDG aircraft, for example, and lots of others. You will need to carry out a process of elimination, stopping one at a time.

Did you try making the time longer like I suggested? What were the results?

I'm afraid I am away from tomorrow until March 14th. A little holiday. Apologies therefore for any delays in further responses.

regards

Pete

Sorry, I have 4.60a for FSUIPC. I did not change the time on the the report. I have been flying only PMDG aircraft, latest is the MD11. But this started happening about a month ago and I just attributed it to the version of Flightsim Commander and that I had not updated that for a long time. Lately, I have been trying something different. I was watching web videos while I was flying, but have stopped doing that. It seems to me that if I only run FS Flight Tracker, FSC, Outlook and firefox (no farmville or any other game that requires lots of pc time...lol) I have not encountered the delays 'as much'...since changing that behavior, I have had only one instance of pausing and one hard crash of the FS. Before this, I usually would expect at the very least a hard crash of FS or the pausing of my flight in FSC...or both.

Before trying anything else and in Pete's absence, you might like to try downloading the latest version (4.664) from this link: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

That's not a full installer, but it's got all the updates and bugfixes that have been introduced since the release of 4.6 - it might not help at all, but it's worth trying?

Cheers,

Ian P.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have flown a few longer flights with aircraft which are not PMDG, and I don't get the freezing issues. What about PMDG is it that causes it and what can I do to correct it?

Sorry, I don't know. Your best bet is the PMDG forum. Maybe the PMDG aircraft needs a version of SimConnect which is faulty in your FSX installation. You might need to obtain a SimConnect log and check it -- instructions for getting logs are provided in the FAQ subforum here. But please don't ask me to check PMDG access to SimConnect, I wouldn't know how to do that.

Regards

Pete

Sorry, I don't know. Your best bet is the PMDG forum. Maybe the PMDG aircraft needs a version of SimConnect which is faulty in your FSX installation. You might need to obtain a SimConnect log and check it -- instructions for getting logs are provided in the FAQ subforum here. But please don't ask me to check PMDG access to SimConnect, I wouldn't know how to do that.

Regards

Pete

Thanks, I'll look for it on the PMDG forum, should have done that instead of posting here...silly me.