The simFlight Network Forums

Hidden FSUIPC in FS9 Win7/64

Hi Folks,

I realize that this may not be an FSUIPC problem.

When I am in a flight and hit "alt" to bring up the top bar and access FSUIPC the screen goes blank and I can't see the box. I know it's there as the mouse shows as it passes over it.

I've tried starting in various compatibility modes and nothing seems to help. I am running the latest ver of FSUIPC (and 3.96 did not show either).

Throttle and reversers are working - so FSUIPC is working.

Jon

When I am in a flight and hit "alt" to bring up the top bar and access FSUIPC the screen goes blank and I can't see the box.

This is always a video driver problem, and almost invariably only affects full screen mode. You either need to find better video drivers for your card, or switch to Windowed mode before going into the menu.

The dialogue produced for FSUIPC is an absolutely standard Windows dialogue box, and FSUIPC code isn't actaully involved until after the display is drawn.

Regards

Pete

This is always a video driver problem, and almost invariably only affects full screen mode. You either need to find better video drivers for your card, or switch to Windowed mode before going into the menu.

The dialogue produced for FSUIPC is an absolutely standard Windows dialogue box, and FSUIPC code isn't actaully involved until after the display is drawn.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, I was actually trying to find out how to put it in windowed mode but haven't found it yet.

I'll try some new drivers but everything else is working well (including the previously troublesome RXP GNS 530).

Of course this isn't the root problem - active sky evolution is misbehaving, and I need to access FSUIPC to fix it.

Macs are looking better and better....

Jon